Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Logs will not get you through progress for sure... there is no way to liken what is down on paper to what actual happens regardless whether you can read them or not. Do you have any kills to back up your counter claims? Because this Sprucelee guy seems to be hung up on one single encounter, stubborn and ignorant to any other factors. It's a shame you get a buzz off this.
    Last edited by Loganess; 2015-02-18 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    That sounds brilliant, but the reality of progress is that by the time everything can be quantitatively backed up and completely shown/"proved" with logs and ridiculous per-fight theorycrafting the "progress" is already over.

This OP is a favor to people who are actually trying the fights now and don't want to wait until a full guide is released in weeks/months.

So yeah, it's going to be limited to discussion and yes, speculation, naturally.
    Agreed. there is some great information in the OP.

I just don't like DoC

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    I just don't like DoC
    I used to speak heavily against the talent at the start of Highmaul, I'm a little more ambivalent on it now. Design wise I think it was sort of terrible, at least it allows Multistrikes in 6.1. Then and again, for most of Highmaul I plain out just used the Rejuv build, versus WG-based.

With WG I think DoC can hold its own a little better than in HM, but it depends heavily on healing comp and fight approach most likely.

So I can't say I agree completely with you - I did hate the talent before for similar reasons to what you've posted, but "something" (maybe Imperator, maybe something else?) did change my mind a little bit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganess View Post
    Logs will not get you through progress for sure... there is no way to liken what is down on paper to what actual happens regardless whether you can read them or not. Do you have any kills to back up your counter claims? Because this Sprucelee guy seems to be hung up on one single encounter, stubborn and ignorant to any other factors. It's a shame you get a buzz off this.
    So now you are resorting to dick waving? Do I need to unzip right now, or is there any foreplay?

I am "hung up" on that encounter because it is one of two you specifically recommend DoC for in the OP....

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    So now you are resorting to dick waving? Do I need to unzip right now, or is there any foreplay?

I am "hung up" on that encounter because it is one of two you specifically recommend DoC for in the OP....
    My point is, you can evaluate logs and form an opinion all you like, but for the 50th time, the reality of actually been there is a whole different ball game.

Emphasis on the fact it is a guide not an order, hence: "How I went about progress". If you don't like it don't use it, but there are some people here without a single idea what to spec or how to play and different perspective's can be helpful. If there is nothing to see here why are you looking?

Deleted
    6.1 Has been announced so we will see how DoC performs then
    Last edited by mmocb15575cf7f; 2015-02-18 at 10:12 AM.