Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Is the hotfixes live on EU servers now?

  2. #22
    Deleted
    Those Combat Infographics are still in beta phase if you ask me. Many features dont work, you cant import other logs than english ones and generally its a bad idea to simplify min/max'ing like this.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Translation : We got it right, you're wrong. Shut up.

    Translation : Ok we messed up. It's corrected in the next build.
    Not so much. The tweets were two hours apart. He was talking about something that hadn't shown up on the PTR yet.

    Not to mention, those tweets are like.. 13 days old.

  4. #24
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    8,289
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I think that movie is failed already. read his comment: "We're trying to work out how best to let people who don't play the game know that this is a film they'll genuinely want to see" so they are working for the people who DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE GAME. and they dont care for people who know it well.
    That's not necessarily a bad thing, I.E Final Fantasy Advent Children was much loved by the FF fanboys when it came out but it was a flop because people who hadn't played the game had no clue what was going on. On the other hand the recent Need for Speed movie was a hit and did great box office numbers despite only being very very loosely based on the game.

    Personally I would rather see a good Warcraft film aimed at the general audience than a dire one aimed at fanboys.

    As far as I recall the only movie based on a game that has ever attempted to stay as true to the game as possible and actually been any good/successful is Mortal Kombat.

  5. #25
    They should market the movie on the fact it is based on books. Harry Potter, LOTR, GoT, many others movies since 2000 have been based on book stories and had enormous success. Most people who have seen them, haven't read a single book page about the movie.

    Warcraft has some amazing lore written in books and that's what the whole game is based on.

  6. #26
    "definitely for female audiences like me, not into games, don't even suggest it's a video game."

    This is the biggest pile of crap I have EVER read. This
    Don't advertise it as a video game movie because women? How about don't straight out advertise "BASED OFF GAME" in the trailer because game movies have been utter rubbish for the past two decades?
    I want to punch this woman in the face. Maybe it's because I just woke up but this is screaming "hurhurrr girls don't play games" coming from a woman. Seriously?

    Name it Warcraft; Warcraft is a general IP and has several sources. (Books, Video Games - ect.)
    If somebody doesn't want to see the big "fantasy" movie changing the name and trying to hide it's source isn't going to help.

    As somebody who saw the sneak peak at Blizzcon I can safely say the movie itself is gonna advertise for itself.

  7. #27
    Why did the one woman have to mention she's a female? Why does she say "female audicenes like me", cause all females don't like videogames? Stereotypes, they go both ways. Why is she asking the director of a VIDEOGAME MOVIE to not market it as a...oh...twitter. That explains a lot..

  8. #28
    Slootbag's name is TED???

  9. #29
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I think that movie is failed already. read his comment: "We're trying to work out how best to let people who don't play the game know that this is a film they'll genuinely want to see" so they are working for the people who DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE GAME. and they dont care for people who know it well. any1 who dont know the game WONT EVEN CARE about it. they can watch or not. what is important is to not disapoint people with knowledge. shit i knew that. atleast i wont be hyped.
    They want to inspire new people to join their universe? if the movie will suck and have quotes like hes means they will even reduce the number and lose veterans attention
    You don't get movies do you? The film can't just appeal to people who play wow. They should capitalise on that established viewership, but the audience needs to be much wider than that. That's no doubt why they decided to start right at the beginning in the first place. Just because someone doesn't play WoW, it doesn't mean they can't see a trailer for a new fantasy flick and be interested.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabi View Post
    Why did the one woman have to mention she's a female? Why does she say "female audicenes like me", cause all females don't like videogames? Stereotypes, they go both ways. Why is she asking the director of a VIDEOGAME MOVIE to not market it as a...oh...twitter. That explains a lot..
    Agreed 100%, such a cringey comment, especially given the fact that so many women play Warcraft. Not to mention the fact that women have been going out in droves to support LotR/Marvel/Hunger Games movies for years now. Sci-fi/Fantasy films are a hit with pretty much everyone, as far as I can tell.

  11. #31
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Whatever, Marvel bring in non comic book fans every day with their movies without compromising a bit. Guardians of the fucking Galaxy did well, and they're obscure by comic book standards, let alone mainstream. Warcraft will be fine, everyones heard of Warcraft. Besides, as much as it'd be a "great" for Jones to make a movie specifically for you, he does need to make some money out of the film. Catering JUST for gamers is how you end up with a narratively awful film. If it ends up being bad, it'll be because it was a bad movie, not because it didn't just cater to fans, despite the complaints of someone that can barely string a sentence together.
    they are making money on people who dont know what it means a good quality film...

    - - - Updated - - -

    I know guy maybe you not agree with my oppinion..but its just an opinion..sure it can be bad..and can be good but...yes isnt hes comment means something? ive seen the guy showed movie teaser with dalaran...wtf dalaran is showed in there...i really hope i am mistaken..wc lore is best and i wish duncan a good luck..i am not flaming...just having doubts...
    with all experience we have with movies...ALL game films...SUCK...doom. max payne. Hitman.Prince of persia...if u think that atleast one of these movies was good. Then i cant blame u coz u like these silly scenes
    Last edited by bison91; 2015-02-10 at 11:00 PM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    "definitely for female audiences like me, not into games, don't even suggest it's a video game."

    This is the biggest pile of crap I have EVER read. This
    Don't advertise it as a video game movie because women? How about don't straight out advertise "BASED OFF GAME" in the trailer because game movies have been utter rubbish for the past two decades?
    I want to punch this woman in the face. Maybe it's because I just woke up but this is screaming "hurhurrr girls don't play games" coming from a woman. Seriously?

    Name it Warcraft; Warcraft is a general IP and has several sources. (Books, Video Games - ect.)
    If somebody doesn't want to see the big "fantasy" movie changing the name and trying to hide it's source isn't going to help.

    As somebody who saw the sneak peak at Blizzcon I can safely say the movie itself is gonna advertise for itself.

    Thank you for summing up my thoughts exactly. This whole "women aren't interested in video games" crap is getting really, REALLY old.

    I also saw the sneak peak at Blizzcon and thought it was very promising.

  13. #33
    It will end up being a worst version of the dungeons and dragons movie from years ago... If even that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •