Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't eat crap, drink water and you're almost done. 80% is almost always the food.

Deleted
    meth addiction

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be common knowledge at this point.

1) Cardio, and lots of it. Running/Jogging for at least 30-45 mins (preferably first thing in the morning prior to breakfast).

2) Drink - only water, and lots of it.
    3) Eat - lots of lean meats/fish with plenty of vegetables. My main diet mostly consists of chicken breast or ahi tuna/halibut steaks. I always pair that with brown rice and broccoli (or baby carrots). For breakfast: oatmeal is king, period. For snacks: cashews/unsalted almonds, yogurt/cottage cheese and beef jerky. Try to avoid too many fruits (glucose, fructose and sucrose are still sugars).

4) Don't have an erratic sleep schedule and always get plenty of rest (8-9 hrs is ideal).

You can do 1, 2 and 3 all you want but if you're not sleeping properly, it's extremely counterproductive and generally a big waste of your time. Have a strict routine, follow it, love it, and you'll see results.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-09-20 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    The correct advice would be the best diet is the one you'll adhere to. That unfortunately means trial and error until you find one you can stick with. Trying to be an advocate for one particular diet is just silly, especially when people have different goals and it's energy balance that is the main component anyways.

I've been lucky enough to find the leading evidence based experts in fitness very early. There's a new wave of experts that I suggest everyone to look into:

-Menno Henselmans
    -Lyle McDonald
    -Alan Aragon
    -James Krieger
    -Brad Schoenfeld
    -Layne Norton
    -Greg Nuckols

Those 6 guys alone will give you everything you could possibly need regarding diet and fitness. Disclaimer: this is the social media age, and some of the names above have been involved in "internet drama". But that doesn't discredit their advice in the slightest. Also....prepare to have your beliefs challenged.
    Quoting for truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Quoting for truth.
    Brilliant contribution...

I played semi-professional football for nearly a decade and always consulted with dietitians and sports scientists. Trust me, you can read all the books/articles in the world and it's not going to change anything if you're not motivated. The advise given in this thread is sound (for the most part).

Quote Originally Posted by candys View Post
    The best way is to find the balance between diet and exercise. Recently I started to attend the personal training sessions at Tomfit near me in Auckland, NZ and I've already lost 10 lbs per 2 weeks. I think that's great result! (my trainer advised me to keep on a healthy diet additionally) I'm going to continue my training sessions and lose at least 15 lbs in 2 months.
    10lbs per week or 5lbs per week? Either sounds extremely unlikely unless you are super fat. (I am talking in the 400lb range)

Even running a 1,500 calorie deficiency a day is only 3lbs per week and most people don't recommend more than 2lbs a week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    Brilliant contribution...

I played semi-professional football for nearly a decade and always consulted with dietitians and sports scientists. Trust me, you can read all the books/articles in the world and it's not going to change anything if you're not motivated. The advise given in this thread is sound (for the most part).
    Because reinforcing when someone says the one you adhere to is what will work is bad advice. Right. Besides the fact they're proven experts in their field, as they constantly challenge the status quo of the industry and are always running numerous studies, if I find a "diet" I'll adhere to it will motivate me more to follow it. More knowledge has never hurt and by looking at your previous post advocating "LOTS of cardio", when it's been shown that resistance/strength training supplemented with a combination of SS and HIIT cardio is far better than just "lots of cardio" (I thought THAT was common knowledge, but I guess you missed the memo). Not to mention the fact that being in a caloric deficit from your maintenance calories is the crux of losing weight (likewise being in a surplus is how you gain..duh). The question people need to ask is do they want to "lose weight" or "lose fat." I find it's more often the latter while building or maintaining muscle mass, but you're the past semi-professional footballer and I'm just some guy posting on a gaming site so what do I know

1) Deficit, water, sleep, lift then cardio
    2) ????
    3) Profit

I've been doing Joe DeFranco's Rebuilt program which is a strength and bodybuilding program with HIIT/LISS cardio on off days. I've been following the format of the diet and supplement plan that came with it and I am sort of shocked at the results that I'm seeing. I never thought I could lose fat while putting on muscle and I've done it while eating 5 times a day at a small caloric deficit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Play wow, get angry and don't eat. Ahhahhahah

I never get fat by doing this. Even after everyday McDonald's. Just kidding.

Burn more energy than you consume.

Edit: delete please

eat less you fatty

I personally had great success with intermittent fasting and smaller more frequent meals.
    Working out and walking more played a bigger part in my weight loss story.

Bro tbh i do believe its mostly genetic driven drive.

And that consists of sport, energy etc. Dont sweat it. I used to be fat then became skinny now ive gained weight again.

I think you need certain emotions that motivate you.

It's very individual in fact because there are so many methods of losing weight now and not all of them is good for everybody, that's why it's hard to say which certain ones are totally the best
    I can share only with some methods which were effective in my case. They were following a low-carb diet, stopping skipping breakfast (because in this case you feel even more hungry and eat more during the day), adding proteins in my daily meals and snacks, stopping to eat at nights and before sleeping (it's bad for stomach's health too). I started to avoid beer and junk food too, and added more fruits and vegetables instead of meat in my daily menu https://www.ndtv.com/food/weight-los...ly-fat-1885607.
    I made my basic fitness complex reguraly and tried to run in mornings several times a week, in this case it's very important to find such physical activity which is the most effective for you, in my case a professional trainer helped me really much. Sleeping enough and having rext for balancing your other activities is a necessary thing too because when you're very stressed losing weight becomes even more complicated.
    In some cases hormonal therapy https://www.nexelmedical.com/hgh-injections can be a necessary thing in addition too because many people become overweighted as an aftermarth of their hormonal imbalance and losing weight in a natural way isn't enough effective with such health problems.

Drink water (especially before meals) You can not stop repeating it, you have to drink a lot of water.
    Last edited by Dansulivan; 2018-11-24 at 09:18 AM.

My way of losing weight has always been really simple - reduce having fat food and doing physical exercises )

There are effective and healthy ways to kick off your weight loss and it will take time! Here are some tips for weight loss

- Choose a low-carb diet
    - Eat real food
    - Eat only when hungry
    - Measure your progress wisely
    - Stress less, sleep more
    - Get your protein from lean food sources
    - Avoid fruit
    - Avoid beer
    - Cut back on Soda
    - Exercise wisely
    - Get your hormones checked
    - Eat less of dairy products and nuts
    - Supplement vitamins and minerals
    - Use intermittent fasting

There's no magic way.

Eat less, eat better. Try and avoid sweets and sodas.

Work out\exercise, even if just a walk or run around the park at the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    There's no magic way.

Eat less, eat better. Try and avoid sweets and sodas.

Work out\exercise, even if just a walk or run around the park at the start.
    This sums it up, it's not rocket science. Don't eat shit and exercise, it's not hard.