Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Change what you eat. I'm certainly not in any danger of becoming a vegetarian, I'm trying to eat more beans as they are really good for you.

No pop, try to avoid fast food places, buy whole foods (sometimes they're cheaper too!) and learn to cook. And exercise to enjoy it.

Find out how many calories you burn on an average day. If you want to lose a pound a week, consume 500 calories less per day. If you want to lose 2 pounds a week, consume 1000 calories less, etc. 1kilo/2 pounds equals aprox 7000 calories.

A one hour fast paced walk is around 500 calories.

I lost 120 punds in one year flat, by just keeping tabs on how much I eat, and making sure my calorie budget was in a constant deficit.
    The healthier you eat, the easier it is to be i a calorie deficit. But you can still eat unhealthy to treat your self from time to time, but you need to know how much you can eat.

I think that best way to loss weight it is healthy and balanced food

eat less

/thread

Water fasting is best. Just dont go back to your fatty eating habits once you lose weight.

do fork putdowns to failure

Quote Originally Posted by Epileptica View Post
    Find out how many calories you burn on an average day. If you want to lose a pound a week, consume 500 calories less per day. If you want to lose 2 pounds a week, consume 1000 calories less, etc. 1kilo/2 pounds equals aprox 7000 calories.

A one hour fast paced walk is around 500 calories.

I lost 120 punds in one year flat, by just keeping tabs on how much I eat, and making sure my calorie budget was in a constant deficit.
    The healthier you eat, the easier it is to be i a calorie deficit. But you can still eat unhealthy to treat your self from time to time, but you need to know how much you can eat.
    youre on the right path but you can't put a blanket statement on that, you have to take into account, activity level, age, fitness background (if any) and a variety of other factors....

the best way to lose weight, is to first, weigh yourself ONCE, and ONLY ONCE, then you need to get yourself on a good regimen of both cardio AND strength training and also resistance training. Then comes the nutrition. First, you don't even really have to track your calories if you are overweight, you just have to make the right food choices.

You can choose to go "clean" or just eat serving sizes of your junk foods.

The reason I say this is because going "clean" often results in failure, it did with me once before I educated myself and certified myself in nutrition through NASM as I got both my corrective exercise certification and my personal training certification.

Going "clean" will just hurt you because you will want those foods, then you will hate yourself for eating them and you will feel like you've taken a step back if you indulged which is NOT what happens. It's ok to indulge in MODERATION. keyword, moderation, this doesn't mean a whole value sized bag of potato chips or cookies, it means to eat the serving sizes on the packages.

If you really want to lose weight, you need to make sure that you are also spending more energy than you are taking in.

For weight loss, your best friend is by far and away the nutritional panel on the back. Start reading these on every piece of food you ingest and start going from there.

Also, do NOT weigh yourself constantly, if you want to weigh yourself and have to do it daily, then your best bet is to do it in the morning at the same time every single day and at that time ONLY.

There's too many variables that go into weight loss for you to be weighing yourself a few times a day and also the number on the scale will move several times throughout the day and if you really attach your progress to that number multiple times daily it will absolutely sink your results as you will get frustrated and quit.

Trust me, I've been in the fitness/nutrition industry for over 15 years...im not telling you thins from shit that I read in a book, I'm telling you this from firsthand experience. I've been fat, I've been fit and now I'm a fitness model, personal trainer and NPC physique competitor, so believe me when I say, I've been around the block.

If you don't believe me, check out my instagram @Understarmor for picture proof....I would post here but I have nfc how to post pics on this forum.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message or ask on this thread, I absolutely love to help people with their fitness and nutrition goals and that's why I do it for a living.
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Fastest way is to cut your legs off..
    Some people could lose several pounds of fat by simply getting their heads cut off.

okay...really, though, jogging and dieting...

Eat less and start powerlifting.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I've been going to the gym 5 times a week, working out muscle primarily with the goal leaning my body. I've done this since February this year.

Before that I used to just do cardio, about 3 runs a week varying between 8-12km. At that time my weight fluctuated between 81-85kg.

Ever since I started doing strength training, my weight has steadily increased. A month ago it was 86kg. Yesterday I weighed myself and it's at 88kg. What gives? Visually speaking, I have not gotten any fatter.

In regards to diet, not much as changed in comparison to before, other than I don't eat breakfast. My largest meal is lunch and then I have something lighter for dinner, going on fasting till 12-2pm of the next day.
    As far as gains, again, visually I haven't noticed any changes yet, but I do know I've gotten stronger, from being able to dumbell benchpress 24kg to 46kg.

Anyone has had similar experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So, I've been going to the gym 5 times a week, working out muscle primarily with the goal leaning my body. I've done this since February this year.

Before that I used to just do cardio, about 3 runs a week varying between 8-12km. At that time my weight fluctuated between 81-85kg.

Ever since I started doing strength training, my weight has steadily increased. A month ago it was 86kg. Yesterday I weighed myself and it's at 88kg. What gives? Visually speaking, I have not gotten any fatter.

In regards to diet, not much as changed in comparison to before, other than I don't eat breakfast. My largest meal is lunch and then I have something lighter for dinner, going on fasting till 12-2pm of the next day.
    As far as gains, again, visually I haven't noticed any changes yet, but I do know I've gotten stronger, from being able to dumbell benchpress 24kg to 46kg.

My first guess is that you're gaining muscle mass even if it isn't apparent, and muscles can make you gain weight despite slimming down - but that's not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Eat less and start powerlifting.
    Yeah - I put on over 20kg 30 years ago doing that - never recovered.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove processed foods (processed sugar included) and meat from your diet (except fish a few times a week). Keeps me looking thin and healthy. People think I work out, but I barely move. The rest of my family is considerably overweight.
    'And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.'

Muscle gain. Not every single muscle is visible, in fact, many of them aren't. That is especially true if you are hitting upper body - back and shoulders fill up relatively quickly.

10+ Year Old Account

First of all, maybe you have gained some muscle mass which will increase you weight.
    Second. Doing cardio will burn more calories than lifting. So maybe you're over eating.
    Conclusion. I bet it is both. You have gained some muscle and some fat.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Don't eat. I lost 50 pounds by not eating. I skipped breakfast. Lunch had veggies, meat and bread in it (a sandwich). Dinner was one piece of fruit (usually an apple or an orange). You eat NOTHING else, just drink plain coffee or tea. It works like a charm and no need for exercise that gets you all sweaty and tired.
    Doing one unhealthy thing to get rid of another is not a good solution.

Do a crime with a sentence of about 6 months.

Live on & try to eat prison food .. you wont be able to get takeaway food

While in prison, pump iron in the prison gym.

Come out mean & lean

For me moving a little bit more is enough. Stop driving everywhere, take a walk 15-30 minutes every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eat less but smart, work out 2-4 times a week. Fat is fine, sodium is fine as long as you work out, SOME carbs are fine but avoid sugar. I recommend meat and veggies and SOME fruit (not too much, because fructose). Use spices so you actually like stuff you wouldn't normally eat. Spicy food can help to fight hunger even if you're not eating a huge amount.

Some people will tell you to snack throughout the day. I say it doesn't matter. Just COUNT CALORIES. I usually skipped breakfast, ate 1-2 meals a day, never after 5 pm and never more than 1000-1500 calories. You go overboard one day, you make it up the next. Even if you're hungry as fuck, just drink some water and remember that no matter what you feel like, it's impossible to starve on this diet. Also: Eat small portions, then wait for 30 minutes. This gives your body time to register that it now has food in its belly and doesn't need to feel hungry any more. If you're still hungry (and I mean hungry, not "could fit a bit more") have a bit more, then wait again.

I say this as a fat fuck who lost well over 80 pounds in less than a year, then put most of it back on over 7 years due to not following his own advice. This worked super well for me even though I'm one of those people who build muscle fast but fat even faster.

If you've been fat once you'll need to occasionally work out and count calories for the rest of your life. Think of it like a diabetic having to watch their insulin. It doesn't mean you can't ever have a burger and fries. It DOES mean that burger and fries will be the only thing you'll eat that day. Don't do cheat days. They introduce an unnecessary and possibly severe vulnerability in your diet.
    Last edited by Krawu; 2019-06-03 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Don't eat. I lost 50 pounds by not eating. I skipped breakfast. Lunch had veggies, meat and bread in it (a sandwich). Dinner was one piece of fruit (usually an apple or an orange). You eat NOTHING else, just drink plain coffee or tea. It works like a charm and no need for exercise that gets you all sweaty and tired.
    If someone wants to feel like shit, that's a good idea, sure. You can lose weight by just restricting how much or what you eat, without resorting to not eating at all.