Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Radiance - post on it's range (from Aladya?)

I saw a post a little while ago about the range of holy radiance.
    I'm not sure if it was on youtube/holybouche, but for some reason...I think it was just a post by Aladya here on MMO (maybe via his twitter?).

It showed the range of holy radiance (I think using circles) and it showed how small the range is. Now you're probably thinking - it's 10 yards.
    This I know. It just helped put it into a visual perspective.
    Maybe I'm going out of my mind - does anyone else remember seeing this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall a post, just what I know from "Feel" and it IS pretty damn small. Has to be a tight fit to make it worth it, brackenspore blue shroom range basically :P
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    I'm not sure if it was on youtube/holybouche, but for some reason...I think it was just a post by Aladya here on MMO (maybe via his twitter?).

It showed the range of holy radiance (I think using circles) and it showed how small the range is. Now you're probably thinking - it's 10 yards.
    Yes, i remember it was aladya who posted that in the beta thread.

I'm not sure of the picture, but just use Light's Hammer radius. Both are 10 yards

http://i.imgur.com/DVWjUYn.jpg
    Last edited by Shuttle; 2015-02-08 at 09:32 AM.
    Shuttle of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post

You probably want this post - mmo-champion.com/threads/1542770-Holy-WoD-Alpha-Beta-Info-amp-Discussion?p=30289449#post30289449
    Can`t post links yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorentz View Post
    You probably want this post - mmo-champion.com/threads/1542770-Holy-WoD-Alpha-Beta-Info-amp-Discussion?p=30289449#post30289449
    Can`t post links yet
    Yep, that's the one. Fixed link:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post30289449

Deleted
    Why is this terrible spell still in the game? They should reintroduce the 4.1/4.2 version of Holy Radiance.
    Probably too much work for poor Celestalon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Why is this terrible spell still in the game? They should reintroduce the 4.1/4.2 version of Holy Radiance.
    Agree with this, too expensive to be effective for what it does without wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Indeed. There's no point in casting it anymore. Because of Beacon, one HL usually does more healing than one HR at 1/3 the cost. I know a lot of people who straight up removed it from their bars.

Holy Radiance isn't as bad as people think. When leveraged it can be our top heal. Look at some top Paladin Parses for Gruul for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexii View Post
    Holy Radiance isn't as bad as people think. When leveraged it can be our top heal. Look at some top Paladin Parses for Gruul for example.
    What? Please don't say stuff like that. Some gullible newer players might believe you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexii View Post
    Feel free to link these parses, 'cause I sure as hell didn't find any.

But sure, it can be our top heal. If we don't cast anything else.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Feel free to link these parses, 'cause I sure as hell didn't find any.
    Current #2 rank for Heroic Gruul (note: Not Mythic)
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

So I guess by
    look at some top paladin parses
    you meant "look at one parse of some guy in heroic"

Quote Originally Posted by Samodin View Post
    So I guess by you meant "look at one parse of some guy in heroic"
    I'm not the poster that said that, but I approve of your attempt to discredit the support I provided for their claim.

#4 parse
    #9 Parse
    #10 parse

So (at least) 4 out of the top 10 parses either used Holy Radiance extensively or used it when advantageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexii
    When leveraged it can be our top heal
    I agree with what this poster said as far as that *when leveraged* it can perform at an acceptable level - as some of these parses would support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    I'm not the poster that said that, but I approve of your attempt to discredit the support I provided for their claim.

#4 parse
    #9 Parse
    #10 parse

So (at least) 4 out of the top 10 parses either used Holy Radiance extensively or used it when advantageous.

I agree with what this poster said as far as that *when leveraged* it can perform at an acceptable level - as some of these parses would support.
    Okay, it isn't totally useless; it can indeed perform at an acceptable level in very special circumstances. However, it was not our top heal (as Nexii said) on any of those logs (its best was 3rd after Beacon & Mastery on one of them).
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Okay, it isn't totally useless; it can indeed perform at an acceptable level in very special circumstances. However, it was not our top heal (as Nexii said) on any of those logs (its best was 3rd after Beacon & Mastery on one of them).
    Now we're talkin'!

I'm not here to defend anything, I just hate blanket statements.

But Holy Radiance is pretty sh*t.

Our Beacon/Mastery is pretty much always going to be #1 and #2 no matter what you heal with, I wasn't including that. I'm not saying HR is really great or even usable on fights > 4-5 minutes in length. But it does have it's place as a mana dump. Take this Mythic H&F parse:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=125&source=1

Compare HR to FoL:
    FoL - 6,400 mana, 300% SP ratio (1.5s cast)
    HR - 11,405 mana, 605% SP ratio (2.5s cast), +1 Holy Power

That's really pretty comparable in efficiency. HR will be outscaling FoL with BRF gear as it benefits from IoL, 4pc, DP (if you run that).

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post

#4 parse
    #9 Parse
    #10 parse

Still heroic, very short fights.

But yeah, I guess Holy Radiance has it's place, right next to ''Heroic Farm theroycraft''