Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It's all relative. Sure, controllers may be inferior to mouse and keyboard, but if everyone is using a controller then it doesn't really matter.
    Although controllers for shooters are more popular than the mouse and keyboard control scheme, mouse and keyboard are still a big thing in the competitive scene. For example, there's no such thing as a Counter-Strike pro that plays the game on a controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect Overwatch and Hearthstone to appear on consoles within 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I keep seeing that people enjoy Diablo 3 a lot more on the console than they ever did on the PC; and even has higher ratings on console compared to PC... I'm so confused. o_o
    Console version has higher drop rates as they intended it to be more of a casual "sit down and play a little bit" version. They said something like that at one point, but I don't care enough to find it.

But if I had to guess, that would be the reason. I know I enjoy the game a lot more when I'm getting drops than when I go on a 4 rift dry spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Console version has higher drop rates as they intended it to be more of a casual "sit down and play a little bit" version. They said something like that at one point, but I don't care enough to find it.
    Did consoles not get Loot 2.0 or something though? I forget, there was something that didn't make it across.

Oh maybe it was seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You just described what I would consider some kind of horrific post-apocalyptic future :P
    more like a eutopia

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that I loath it too, but having only substantial experience on a PC with keyboard/mouse I found myself completely unable to play against my nephew on a controller on his xbox 360.
    He can play it, I couldn't so controllers as a means of control can work I feel, if done right.
    Just they won't suit everyone.
    Certainly at the moment, they don't suit me for FPS control anyway.
    This is because on console, you can dodge attacks by moving out of the way. On the PC, Blizzard deemed this "not fun" and made it so the attack hits you even if you do manage to move away (which is more challenging with a mouse).

After millions of clicks i have done with my right hand in starcraft 1 and 2 my right arm devoloped carpal tunnel syndrome which causes a strong pain and numbness after using mouse more then 3 minutes. Therefore I made ps4 my main platform. Playing with gamepad is more healthy for me. Now Im so used to it and playing with keyboard and mouse seems less attractive to me and a lot painful. Its even great for FPSs as long as you are playing against to players who are using a gamepad too. I hope bliz will release ps4/xb1 version too after pc. I dont expect an immediate release after pc but I dont want to wait years.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Most epic games were on PC.
    :O

Umm, no? There were very good games on NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, that you had to own those consoles and after that - PC for gaming was kinda pointless when you had one gaming machine. Unless you were rich obviously.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Possible. I doubt it though.

Diablo 3 made sense for consoles; it's a button smashy game, and it's PvE. Unlike a competitive game (such as Overwatch), you don't need to constantly be rebalancing numbers and values; D3:EE works up front out of the box. No patching required.

Overwatch on the other hand would require so many patches on a regular basis it would be unreasonable to release on consoles considering the lengthy review process to implement a patch on them. This is the problem with Warframe on consoles ATM; development of the console versions are slowed because while on PC they can just upload it and be done with it, on console they have wait perhaps weeks for a single patch or hotfix to be reviewed by Microsoft and Sony before they can even be published. And it's a PvE, and we all know how much tuning a PvP game requires.

I hope so. I prefer FPS on consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    :O

Umm, no? There were very good games on NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, that you had to own those consoles and after that - PC for gaming was kinda pointless when you had one gaming machine. Unless you were rich obviously.
    you could run emulator of all those consoles on a pc tho, for fracture of price.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Bluesftw;34115231]you could run emulator of all those consoles on a pc tho, for free ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Overwatch on the other hand would require so many patches on a regular basis it would be unreasonable to release on consoles considering the lengthy review process to implement a patch on them. This is the problem with Warframe on consoles ATM; development of the console versions are slowed because while on PC they can just upload it and be done with it, on console they have wait perhaps weeks for a single patch or hotfix to be reviewed by Microsoft and Sony before they can even be published. And it's a PvE, and we all know how much tuning a PvP game requires.
    If consoles don't get onboard with games with regularly updated content and an online focus they're going to start falling behind IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.