Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    But damn Eve is so good when I get a good start! Love it!
    Eve isn't terrible, I jungle main and play Eve / Elise / Vi usually (some Nidalee lately). The buff to Ravage to apply on-hit effects is quite nice, she can build BotRK and shred people in mid/late game

She also has two advantages that are practically unique to her in regular mode - either the enemy team buys pink wards to try to counter her ganks, or they live with the knowledge that she can be standing behind them in their own lane - ready to throw any skirmish.

So the first is like a passive gold drain aura she has on her enemies - everyone buy pink wards at extra cost - and the second forces the enemy team to play a little more passive/defensive, especially at the early levels - which can help your team if they have a slow/weak early lane phase, because a well-played Eve will make opponents less willing to engage. I consider those to be her hidden passives - but to make good on them you want to play an aggressive gank or two early - just to make your presence known - which can be hard because the new jungle is so cruel to her compared to tankier junglers like Elise/Vi.

Probably my favourite thing about Eve though, is that if she gets a good early killstreak, she becomes a wrecking ball - which isn't true for all junglers - if she's fed she's just a roaming death god that punishes the enemy team for leaving the safety of their turrets/walls/team.

A fed Elise is pretty dangerous, but mostly I feel a fed Elise is still a support-jungler and a turret-killer - she gives you more map control and easier kills - and Vi is kind of the same. This could be because of the way I build Elise/Vi though, where I try to emphasize their natural tankiness by making them a team-fight / tank jungler, while Eve I build to try to emphasize her invisibility/assassinyness. Like, my Elise/Vi are usually happy to turret-tank on dives (or just to maul the turret down), whereas my Eve usually gets a Banshees and some lifesteal or spellvamp, but otherwise is pretty squish.

Definitely give her a spin in regular sometime She's not a top-tier jungler or anything, but she's probably the most unique jungler, and outside of ranked a lot of people don't know how to combat a good Eve (they make the mistake of thinking she's easy to kill, for thinking she's easy to counter - when her real strengths are omnipresence and gold drain).

Edit: For Eve to become a competitive pick, I think she needs her shield effect removed from her ult and put on either her E-Ravage or her W-Sprint, this would resolve her issues in the early jungle as she could pick up a point in one of those early and gain some much needed early sustain. Before the buff to Ravage (applies on-hit effects) I thought it should be on her E, but now I think W would be a better call - she would then need to decide whether to save W for her Sprint / disengage / chase, or to open with W on a gank to absorb that initial damage taken - plus it would weaken the potency of her ultimate - which is the ~strongest ult in the game (for AP Eve, at least) - and would/should probably be nerfed but for the fact that Eve is generally one of the weaker champions even after the Ravage buff.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-02-16 at 07:14 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I got Eve and took her mid lane. Without a ranged APC to harass you she can safely farm up items and start killing people. I couldn't roam because I was against a Zac, but he couldn't stop me from farming up either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was pretty dissapointed when i played it, as i always either get nami or any other support champ, its not that they're bad it is just so damn predictable its not even funny, i just want some poor fool to give me udyr so that i can go trick2g style on everyone and make them regret ever doubting the power of godyr

I wish the game mode was 100% random champion, that would be fun!

- - - Updated - - -

So you have to decide; ban shit champs you dont want, or ban good champs you dont want them to get... :O

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and they should turn off /all chat for it.. x)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Was pretty dissapointed when i played it, as i always either get nami or any other support champ, its not that they're bad it is just so damn predictable its not even funny, i just want some poor fool to give me udyr so that i can go trick2g style on everyone and make them regret ever doubting the power of godyr
    I'm surprised by how few Udyr picks there have been actually, I think I've seen 1 Udyr in like 6 games, despite that usually people think Udyr is shit ('think', because in the right hands yea - good Udyrs are total jerks).

So here's a question:

What's the best opponent champions to give the enemy team for this mode?

I've seen a lot of Galios - which is surprising - because a good Galio can be pretty dangerous.

I feel like you want to give the enemy team little/no wave clear - so they can't split push. I've seen a lot of Aatroxes as well, which makes sense in that Aatrox sucks - but if he turns into a split pusher he can be a really frustrating top lane that has very strong wave clear, and yet can be pretty difficult to solo gank.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-02-16 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more a team setup that sucks than individual champions. 5 AD champs without AP scaling makes it easy to itemise against. Then one person screws up and gives them an Ezreal or so and that one proceeds to murder your team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I think it's more a team setup that sucks than individual champions. 5 AD champs without AP scaling makes it easy to itemise against. Then one person screws up and gives them an Ezreal or so and that one proceeds to murder your team.
    Ya it's definitely a bad team comp versus bad individual champions issue, maybe that's the better question to ask

I've seen some interesting solutions to poor wave clear comps - like a high AD Taric build that built Ravenous Hydra and quickly turned into some sort of wave-clear god, that was interesting

We ended up beating him, but it looked so effective I'm honestly considering AD Taric as a legit top laner just based off his performance

10+ Year Old Account
    He is. He's just very limited in his match ups (screwed vs ranged / ap, godly vs melee ad). And you'll never see him in LCS as a top laner, because he has no way to farm in a 2v1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a group give me Olaf. They soon regretted that. You would be surprised what gets tossed around. In fact, Udyr draws bans so people don't give him away. I've added Janna to that list to, because people still think she is bad for some reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I had a group give me Olaf. They soon regretted that. You would be surprised what gets tossed around. In fact, Udyr draws bans so people don't give him away. I've added Janna to that list to, because people still think she is bad for some reason.
    Yea I've seen far too many Janna's too - arguably she's the best support in the game right now - and she's super versatile - she can go full mage, or support, or aptank, she's even a non-terrible adc if you're desperate just because she duels so well with her knockup and shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    By far the most illuminating thing about this game mode is finding out the Champs people think are "bad". I've had teams hand me Cho'Gath, Nocturne, Singed and even Draven. None of whom are bad choices, not the most popular perhaps, but by no means poor. It makes me wonder if the whole thing was a ploy by Riot to make people realise that there are very few Champs that have zero value to them.

Deleted
    I've wondered that as well.

I see people giving out Soraka, Sona, Janna and Nami to the point where I've started banning them because my team just commits suicide o_O

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

This pretty much sums up Nemesis mode.

ITT: Played Nami ADC, that was fun.
    no idea what this video means

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm surprised by how few Udyr picks there have been actually, I think I've seen 1 Udyr in like 6 games, despite that usually people think Udyr is shit ('think', because in the right hands yea - good Udyrs are total jerks).

So here's a question:

What's the best opponent champions to give the enemy team for this mode?

I've seen a lot of Galios - which is surprising - because a good Galio can be pretty dangerous.

I feel like you want to give the enemy team little/no wave clear - so they can't split push. I've seen a lot of Aatroxes as well, which makes sense in that Aatrox sucks - but if he turns into a split pusher he can be a really frustrating top lane that has very strong wave clear, and yet can be pretty difficult to solo gank.
    i've had an enemy team give me galio when we gave them all ap supports. It was almost sad how i they would try to gank me top (zilean + elise) and barely escape. But then there have been games like garen and singed bot vs 2 range and we can't even farm under our own tower.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    no idea what this video means
    There's a subtitles button. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I've wondered that as well.

I see people giving out Soraka, Sona, Janna and Nami to the point where I've started banning them because my team just commits suicide o_O
    Honestly, there are very few champions that are actually bad in every situation. I've been just giving away Sejuani every match because most of the time she provides nothing to the team we are against, but even Sejuani has comps she can shine in. My game where I went Eve mid; normally a bad choice but because no one gave away a ranged APC (or ADC for that matter) it worked just as good as if I had jungled her. Udyr is easily kited, but when everyone is melee that issue goes right out the window.

Champions that normally underperform because of the current meta are given a chance to shine in the unorthodox team matchups this mode creates. I imagine it would be even more fun in a 5v5 premade setup. Shame Riot doesn't have plans to make this mode available in custom games, it would be great for an event at my college.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got poppy. I had a guardian angel. We had a Zilean on our team. The match went to 73 minutes