Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

What the hell is up with my win/loss ratio?

Yesterday evening, I spent all of it losing. It took 3 hours for me to win a game and then I quit.
    Today I spent about 5 hours winning. I'm not even joking. If I lost a game in those 5 hours it was such a good game I don't even remember losing it. I gained so much XP and gold.

Now I'm doing nothing but losing. What's up with that? It makes no sense. Why is it so extremely uneven?
    It's not fun to spend an entire evening knowing that eventually the game will set me up for a really, really long losing streak. It's incredibly discouraging.

Something feels horrendously wrong with this matchmaking system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have encountered the same thing. It's weird.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I have encountered the same thing. It's weird.
    And it makes me furious. It's like there's some built in thing that just detects if you're too good and puts you in really shittyass teams.

Well the quick match queue doesn't distinguish between groups and solo queues so your win rate depends a lot on whether you're in a coordinated group or whether your opponents are.

Last night I went 5-0 and the night before 0-7.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    And it makes me furious. It's like there's some built in thing that just detects if you're too good and puts you in really shittyass teams.
    Well there is MMR so your long term win rate will stabilise at 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I think the system ques you with whoever it wants, I randomly get really low level people, sometimes even people from a different country (enjoy them 300ms).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LichKangLoL View Post
    I think the system ques you with whoever it wants, I randomly get really low level people, sometimes even people from a different country (enjoy them 300ms).
    Enjoy them Russian ramblings.

MMR is designed so that you're generally going to get 50% winrate. You win some you lose some, thats just how it goes. You get good days and you get bad days, it's likely because that's the pool you're thrown it for those sets of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Enjoy them Russian ramblings.
    So far, all the Russians I've met have been completely silent. No "cyka blyat". That's good I guess but they probably don't understand a thing anyone else is saying.

I want to play in a different "battlegroup"... Just like I do in LoL, I left for EU West as fast as I could.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    MMR is designed so that you're generally going to get 50% winrate. You win some you lose some, thats just how it goes. You get good days and you get bad days, it's likely because that's the pool you're thrown it for those sets of games.
    It probably does. THe problem is that it does so extremely unevenly. I can take a loss beteen a win. I can't take 8 losses in 1 night when the other night I had 8 wins.

Deleted
    I figure it's just luck of the draw really. How responsive your team is and whatnot. I've found aswell that it depends on what time of day you play. Usually around Mid day - Early afternoon is when the pretty decent players are on. I tend to stay away from late night games.

Deleted
    Time of day is a big factor, so is your mindset going in to the game. If you're tired or on tilt, you will do best for your MMR and win rate by just walking away from the game and doing something else.

Deleted
    Almost feels like they took Dota2 hideous system and decided that it would fit another game. First you win 5-10 games in a row without even trying then you get paired with people who couldn't even find their belly button with a map for 5-10 matches.

rinse and repeat.

Deleted
    What is confusing for me is the HUGE difference in win/loss ratio on every map. I have like 44% on Sky Temple and 78% on Cursed Hollow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno, I rarely have more than a winning or losing streak of 5 (seems like less, but I rarely play more than two matches per session). Worst part for me is that I get 5+ minute queues, despite the estimated time ranging from 40-70 seconds.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2015-02-17 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Dunno, I rarely have more than a winning or losing streak of 5 (seems like less, but I rarely play more than two matches per session). Worst part for me is that I get 5+ minute queues, despite the estimated time ranging from 40-70 seconds.
    I dont understand how people can get that. I have never waited more than one minute. Does not matter what time of the day it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I dont understand how people can get that. I have never waited more than one minute. Does not matter what time of the day it is.
    I'm guessing my MMR may be to blame for that, according to HotsLogs it is 3800 (in Quick Match).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'm guessing my MMR may be to blame for that, according to HotsLogs it is 3800 (in Quick Match).
    I think its actually random with the wait times. Ive been at 4k+ for awhile and have rarely waited longer than a minute except when I que with our premade. This is in quick match though and not ranked, in ranked I wait a little longer per match.