Looking to get build off the old

So im looking to bring more power to my computer with the most cost effective way possible.

Current specs are

I3 2130 LGA 1155 <- one of the biggest things i wanna upgrade from, would like a decent quad core AMD or Intel? (obviously will upgrade MB)
    6GB DDR3
    1TB HDD
    MSI 750 TI 2GB <- will not be replacing this(just upgraded from onboard) lolol

So really im looking for the best price i can get to make this 16gb, i7 or i5 (recommend me a decent amd if you have one), SSD 120GB +

I want to maybe stream on twitch. I can tell you that in wow at 1680x1050 in wow everything on high/ultra (except shadows) im pulling anywhere from 50-250fps but never lower than 50 in a very populated area.

Id like to stay under 300$ but what tell me what you think i can do.

There is nothing wrong with your build....at all lol. You will not gain FPS in WoW unless you buy an unlocked CPU/mobo and overclock it (even then, the FPS gains arent as massive as people like to think).

Have you tried streaming on twitch yet? I can almost guarantee an i3 can accomplish this task using OBS especially if you are using game capture and not window capture. I just recommended someone a build yesterday with lower specs than your system, the one thing you mentioned that i could recommend is an SSD. I would go up to 256gb, this particular model is on a really good sale right now and is likely the best SSD on the market:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820147372

Toss your operating system and could even fit quite a few games on here.

Ok ill give it a go. I just bought that 250GB samsung evo thanks for pointing me to that ssd :]

Good call, i am debating buying one too thats a really good price : )

Let us know if you have any other questions. If you do try streaming on twitch and you feel its not going well you can actually upgrade your CPU without doing a motherboard swap. Any socket 1155 core i5 would fit in your motherboard i would check craigslist maybe someone is selling one for cheap (100-125 bucks id consider cheap for that generation i5). That being said im pretty confident an i3 is up to the task.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2015-02-15 at 02:58 AM.