10+ Year Old Account

Highlord Darion Mograine Concept

Hey guys, so I've put together a general idea for how Highlord Darion Mograine could work in Heroes of the Storm, please check it out and leave some feedback!

http://i.imgur.com/ckmexnd.jpg

I personally love the idea of Ults that do no direct damage and give other effects instead.

If this gets enough attention, Ill make a talent tree for him to narrow down more builds he could have.
    Last edited by Xkiller9000; 2015-02-18 at 01:56 AM.

ability wise its cool, but theres already a shit ton of humans in heroes of the storm and it could use some variety in my opinion.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ability wise its cool, but theres already a shit ton of humans in heroes of the storm and it could use some variety in my opinion.
    I understand and I agree, but to play Devil's Advocate, its about the heroes not what race they are. Id love to see people like Exarch Maladaar and Vindicator Maraad in there though.

Possibly too similar to Arthas but I'll go with it. I would personally use other DK abilities since Arthas already uses ghouls, and icy touch ~ howling blast, Q ~ frostmourne hungers. You could shift to more blood and unholy type abilities from WoW, like blood boil, death strike, strangulate/asphyxiate, etc.

Basic abilities seem uninspired. Q does damage. W does damage. E aoe damage and slow. Trait requires dead enemy heroes. That's really plain. Other melee assassins:
    Kerrigan: Q leap and damage, W dmg and stun, E damage and pull towards. Trait is a stacking shield which acts as her defense/sustain.
    Illy: Q dives and dmg, W sweeps forward, dmg, and AA buff, E: defensive evasion. Trait reduces cds and gets AA leach = sustain.
    Thrall: Chain lightning, roots, and AA burst as well as stacking buffs for a heal.
    etc.

You are presenting a melee assassin with no mobility, gap-closers, heals, sustain, damage reduction, or cc, and a trait that doesn't exist outside of teamfights/landing kills. It won't really work that way lol, he needs alot more depth and interesting things about him and the way he sits has no real toolkit. The ults are strange; I don't mind the concepts behind them but hes an assassin, why is he getting a guardian angel ult as an assassin death knight? Seems weird to me.

My suggestions:
    You could offer a non-mana rune type system to work for him, but that might be overly complicated. I'll assume you stick to mana.
    Q needs something about it besides damage, how about killing the target refreshes the CD and refunds half the mana cost? Or maybe something interesting like it infects the target with blood plague (to stay true to frost fever on W) that makes every AA do 30% more damage and leech 20%, or something.
    W needs to slow; I would say it "leeches heat" from the target, slowing them 20% and speeding Mograine 20% for 3 seconds.
    E: I would change it from slowing to something like this: Any target who dies under the effect of soul reaper heals Mograine for x amount and reduces the cd by 1 second. Gives him sustain/healing and better clearing of minions.
    Trait I am fine with if his abilities are good enough.
    R1 seems ok to me, R2 seems like a support ability moreso than an assassin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Darion should be a Dual Wield DK assassin.

Should use mostly Unholy abilities compared to Arthas' frost.

Q: Scourge Strike
    W: Chains of Ice
    E: Outbreak

Scourge Strike: Works similar to WoW. Deals X amount of base damage, damage increased by diseases present on target (applied via Outbreak)
    Chains of Ice: Slows targets movement speed for X seconds.
    Outbreak: Applies diseases. Deals damage over time.
    Trait: Death Strike. Your next Scourge Strike heals X% of your total health. CD: 20 seconds.

Ultimates:

1) Ashbringer: Darion temporarilly wields the Corrupted Ashbringer, enhancing his battle prowess and empowering his abilities.
    2) Summon Undead Giant: Summons a giant undead monstrosity to fight for him for a short time.
    Last edited by Keile; 2015-02-18 at 02:57 AM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    a Rune/RP system would be AWESOME actually

Seems a bit similar to Arthas, the Val'kyr is interesting but that would fit Sylvanas a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

In general, the ultimates seem very boring in concept and are really just group buffs for teamfights, and both of them happen to be that, just basically turning into a choice of "which is better for teamfights, I'll take that one".
    A cooler idea, for example:

"R1: Might of Mograine: Infuses an ally with unholy might, increasing their health by 30% for 10 seconds. All damage Mograine deals during the duration of this ability heals that ally for the same amount. 90 second cooldown.
    LEVEL 20: Might of Mograine now also affects Mograine himself if cast on an ally. If cast on himself, the cooldown is reduced to 45 seconds.

R2: Defile: Corrupts the ground beneath Mograine, causing X damage per second. The area will continue to grow over 8 seconds, and enemies inside the corrupted ground have their attack speed slowed by 15% and movement slowed by 30%. 100 second cooldown.
    LEVEL 20: Defile now clings to enemies inside of it, following them for the duration."

Another thought was that his basic abilities are very mundane. I know that generally simplicity is best and base abilities are improved by talents, but I figured I'd use your template of abilities you've chose and tweak them a little since I think the idea could work.
    At the moment the abilities seem a little haphazard, so I think it'd be kind of cool to make them tie together a little bit with a change to his passive.

"Passive: Blood Tap: Abilities and auto attacks generate Runic Power. Mograine can spend 50 Runic Power to instantly reset the cooldown on his basic abilities. Basic attacks generate 8 runic power. 100 Maximum.
    Talents:
    Rune Tap: Causes Blood Tap to heal him for 10% of his health every time he used Blood Tap.
    Runic Mastery: Increases Runic Power cap to 150.
    Icy Talons: Blood Tap causes Mograine to have 40% increased attack speed for 4 seconds.
    Empower Runeblade: Instantly refills Mograine's Runic Power.

Q: Obliterate: Deals 30% increased melee damage on his next basic attack and instantly deals additional damage equal to the remainder of the damage on Icy Touch, removing it. 6 second cooldown. Melee. Generates 15 runic power.
    Talents:
    Permafrost: Obliterate deals 100% more damage and no longer benefits from Icy Touch, but no longer removes the effect from enemies.
    Frost Strike: Obliterate now consumes 20 Runic Power instead giving 20 runic power, but the damage is increased by 50%.
    Rune Strike: Obliterate generates double Runic Power.
    Frostbite: Obliterate stuns the target for .5 seconds if Obliterate is used on a target with Icy Touch.

W: Icy Touch: Deals x damage, and an additional x damage over 10 seconds (this is very light, think stitches' clouds almost.). 3 second cooldown. Medium-ish range. Generates 5 runic power.
    Talents:
    Frost Fever: Increases duration to 20 seconds.
    Brittle Bones: Targets affected by Icy Touch take additional damage from Mograine's basic attacks.
    Chilblains: Enemies affected by Icy Touch are slowed by 30%, rapidly weakening over the duration of the effect to 10%.
    Howling Blast: Increases Icy Touch's range by 100% and causes it to deal damage to enemies around the target as well.
    Chill of the Grave: Periodic damage dealt by Icy Touch generates 3 runic power.

E: Soul Reaper: Marks an area on the ground and after a short delay (1 second?) causes X damage to all enemies and rooting them for 1 second. Long Range. 15 second cooldown. Generates 8 Runic Power per target struck.
    Talents:
    Soul Steal (level 20 talent): Soul Reaper deals 100% increased damage (the ability is already very strong baseline), and if an enemy - minion or hero - is killed during Soul Reaper's effect or within 5 seconds after it, their spirit follows Mograine for 20 seconds, dealing 25% of normal damage.
    Reaping: Killing an enemy minion, hero or mercenary with Soul Reaper or during its effect awards double the Runic Power gain.
    Sudden Doom: Soul Reaper is now instant.
    Harvest: Soul Reaper's radius is increased by 100%.
    Swift Death: After successfully striking an enemy hero with Soul Reaper, Mograine gains 40% movement speed for 6 seconds.
    "

These are just some ideas I had to make the hero concept flow a little better overall. You can use them if you're still interested in the concept, but I really just thought them up on a whim. At the moment, I figure he'd fill a role of being a bursty melee assassin, which is something only Zeratul can really boast, but with a bit of a twist; since enemies could see his Runic Power bar, they'd know exactly when he was planning to line up some huge Blood Tap combo and mow someone down, so while his "blow everything - reset - blow everything" combo would be absolutely brutal and capable of even putting a serious dent in warriors, it'd be easy to see it coming and prepare. By comparison, his ultimates would just be more supplementary and utility than serious damage sources.
    Last edited by Irian; 2015-02-18 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Darion should be a Dual Wield DK assassin.

Scourge Strike: Works similar to WoW. Deals X amount of base damage, damage increased by diseases present on target (applied via Outbreak)
    Outbreak: Applies diseases. Deals damage over time.
    I think that could be his "unique" quality is diseases, like how unholy plays in WoW. I wont use frost fever though to kind of stick with the unholy theme.

Q: Death and Decay: Does damage in large targeted area for 3 seconds and slows by 25%, applies blood plague which deals low x dmg every second for 10 seconds. 12 sec cd.
    W: Necrotic Strike: Deals X damage, absorbs X healing (another unique quality), and applies necrotic plague which deals low x dmg ever second for 10 seconds.
    E: Anti-magic shell: Absorbs 75% of ability damage for 2.5 seconds and reduces the cd of all his abilites by 1 second per ability absorbed.
    Trait: Unholy Strength: For each disease present on enemies, Mograine receives 5% inceased movement speed, and +2 health regeneration per second (increasing based on lvl). Autoattacks dealt to diseased enemies deal 25% more damage per disease present and extend disease duration by 1 second.

R1 Outbreak: Instantly apply blood plague and necrotic plague to all targets in a large area (think thrall's earthquake). These diseases deal 100% more damage per second but only last 5 seconds instead of 10. 100 second cd.
    20 - Strangulate: All victims of outbreak are silenced for 1.5 seconds. In addition, the disease duration is extended to 10 seconds and still deal 100% more.

R2: Might of Mograine: Wield the Corrupted Ashbringer, increasing his damage on all abilities/AA by 30% and causing all damage dealt by Mograine to heal him for 30% of the damage dealt.
    20: While in this state, Mograines abilities are also enhanced. Q slow increased to 45%, Necrotic strike now stuns the target for .5 seconds, and Anti-magic shell now absorbs 100% and heals him for 20% of the ability damage absorbed. The power of Unholy Strength is also increased by 50% while in this state.

He could have a special UI symbol over enemy heads to see his diseases present. I like the idea of another DK since they can have alot of interesting abilities and I think Arthas is too frost oriented so a disease/unholy version would be cool.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2015-02-18 at 05:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Well, we have a death knight already.
    I believe there is spot for a lot of more other different heroes though.

Nice concept anyways ;-)

I am a menace to my own destiny.