Resto shaman in need of advice

Hey everyone, I am a restoration shaman in need of advice on my rotation and any other tips in order to help boost my numbers.
    I can't post the link to my logs yet, due to being a new member to the site, but if it isn't too much trouble,
    Look Up: CAMOOSHA, STORMRAGE on Warcraft logs.

If you wouldn't mind taking a look and leaving me some tips or giving me some constructive criticism I would really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!

-Riptide Glyph, get rid of it. RT's healing has been front loaded, and using this glyph really cuts down on the throughput that riptide can provide. Make a WeakAura or situate your UI so that you have clear vision of RT's CD, and use it on CD everytime to maximize HighTide healing. Take Spiritwalkers Focus instead for more uses of SWG.
    -Drop Unleashed Fury for Elemental Blast. Make a WeakAura for it's cd, and use it pretty much on CD and enjoy the free 1000 spirit and stats.
    - Enchants: Mastery is our best stat, bar none. Ditch the cheap crit enchants and go all-in on the best mastery enchants, especially since your gear is decent.
    -Empty socket on gloves - 50 Mastery Gem.

Without logs that's about all i can see to help with throughput.

Deleted
    Having a quick look at your butcher from a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=25

I see your not speced into Elemental Blast, I moved to it about a month ago and it really changed my life!

Healing Stream up time is 45% you could get this higher, are you using something like weak auras to track it?

I personally prefer call of the elements for PvE as well lets you get Healing Stream up time close to 55-60%

Tidal Waves up time is only about 80% you should be getting closer to 95%

Glyph of riptide is really bad imo, we are not resto druids, in Warlords we have plenty of other spells to cast.

Your long term CD usage could be more, some people seem to think that having these available at all times is a good thing, I actually prefer the other option which is use them when they will be useful, I am actually happy if I have Asc & HTT and SLT all on CD as it means I am using them, prevention is almost always better than cure!
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2015-02-18 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Healing Stream up time is 45% you could get this higher, are you using something like weak auras to track it?
    45% seems fine and is pretty normal. The theoretical maximum is 50%, but only if you have it as your highest priority.

I'd be more concerned about the uptimes on Earth Shield (76%) and Healing Rain (43%). Both of those should be in much higher: 70-80% for Healing Rain and 90-100% for Earth Shield.

Tidal Waves up time is only about 80% you should be getting closer to 95%
    Low Tidal Waves uptime is usually just a symptom of low Riptide usage. On that Butcher fight, Riptide was used every 7.4 seconds. That's fine, but on Imperator it was only used every 9.7 seconds. On Darmac, every 14.0 seconds. The only reason to glyph Riptide is to be able to use it more often than the cooldown would otherwise allow, but he's not even close to that anyway. So definitely get rid of the glyph and use Riptide immediately whenever it comes off cooldown. Both for the cheap healing, the Tidal Waves stacks, and the High Tide synergies. The initial healing it does can be pretty significant if there are low-health targets available; being an instant direct heal makes it scale remarkably well with our mastery.

Your long term CD usage could be more, some people seem to think that having these available at all times is a good thing, I actually prefer the other option which is use them when they will be useful, I am actually happy if I have Asc & HTT and SLT all on CD as it means I am using them, prevention is almost always better than cure!
    Cooldowns use is overall not bad, but some could definitely be used more. There are times when the first use of a three minute cooldown is four minutes into the fight, which is quite clearly wasteful. The actual benefit gained from the big cooldowns could also be improved, especially for Ascendance. For example, on H&F the single use of Ascendance only did 174k healing. On that same fight, my own Ascendances on that fight from last week did 335k healing per activation and I got two uses of it. That's 174k healing versus 670k healing with the same free off-GCD ability. There are fights where it does a lot more, but comparing to my own logs for those fights it's still fairly consistently only doing half as much healing.

In general, try to refresh Earth Shield and drop a Healing Rain, then immediately activate Ascendance, then spam direct heals and (unglyphed) Riptide. Save Spiritwalker's Grace for Ascendance if relevant. Avoid refreshing HoTs like ES/HST/HR while the buff is active.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Thank you so much for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it. I have already begun to see some improvement!

Deleted
    Check icy-veins guide for basics, other Resto MMO-threads for deeper thingys, and also watch the mythic/hc resto shaman videos