Thread: Fire/ Arcane

Fire/ Arcane

I don't want to play fire because I just hate the extreme RNG that comes with that spec. Guides are more like "if you pull your shit off thanks to rng" otherwise you do mediocre/terrible damage. I don't play arcane at all because of talents like RoP and unfortunately it seems like fire plays it aswell.

I don't like how fire plays now or how it interacts with PC or RoP. I'm not sure how meteor fits in aswell...is it just use the damned thing before you spread your combustion and hope that in that time you took to cast meteor that didnt lose your big ignite because you spread 1 sec to early?
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much changes with mages every damned x-pac I have to learn to play every single damned spec all over again.

I like Frost but its obvious that blizzard doesn't want me to play frost after I get enough gear so of course I have to play along with that bullshit. So since I can't be frost and I have to deal with the terrible RNG factor of fire and the bullshit extreme mana-management/ROP lockdown that is arcane I am going around and looking at all these guides and it just feels like one massive clusterfuck of info. It isn't fun not only having to change specs all the time but also having to change talents and stuff like that changes up your playstyle constantly and it just feels like to much is being thrown at us.

So many different talents for so many different fights and so many different specs for so many different fights. I don't mind switching talents but I would LOVE to just play my favorite spec and play it well. Sick of this flavor of the month bullshit. Fuck Mage. /end rant
    Last edited by Xires; 2015-02-18 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what spec you play for each fight, all are good enough to be viable in every situation. Yeah, if you play Fire on Gruul, and Arcane Mage will likely beat you, but Fire will still be a solid choice. Same for Frost. If you don't like Fire or Arcane, then that can't really be helped. But Frost is fine to play in all situations.

And of course classes are going to change expansion to expansion, if they did not then people would have left the game back in Cata when they realized spamming Frostbolt for the entirety of the fight isn't actually fun.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I play arcane on every fight and I only use RoP on Gruul. Just run IA and only use Supernova when at 4 or 5 stacks.

At this point, I don't change talents for any fight outside of Gruul. Supernova and PC aaaaaaall day.

Switching Talent/glyph and optimizing your dps with it is one of the fun part of being a dps. Even if you play the same caracter, you get to play different play style.

Off course, you don't have to if you are not in a mythic progression guild or if you are not a dps whore like I am so even if it is the best way to go, you can still play safe with no talent switch and do viable dps.

OP: I so agree with you about the fire spec... I hate it. Every mage I play with seem to want to play fire and like it but gosh do I hate it. RNG shit and having to play around so many cd in such a small gap during the fight and if you get unlucky, your ignite does minimal damage so you need extra gear to make sure rng is on your side with CRIT. I also liked playing frost which I did until BRF came out, but I got to like Arcane a lot so I mainly play it now and don't bother for fire spec until I get 4 set tier and am still toping meter in most fights so whatever.

I'm playing arcane/fire and enjoying both, especially with the 4 set

Mastery is the best stat for fire aoe and arcane so it makes gearing much easier. I just change up trinkets.

I hate RoP and will never use it. Just use IF and maximize supernovas and such at 4 or 5 stacks.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD