10+ Year Old Account

Quick and Dirty Shadow

I have been wanting to get back into Shadow as an OS but I havent played it since Wrath.

The Shadowpriest thread is about 500x10^23 pages long and it would take so much time to pick through all the info.
    Can someone sum up the basics for a newb? Stat priorities, rotations, basic theory behind how the spec works, synergies, etc?

100 talents

For COP press mind blast on CD without exception and fill with spikes or whatever as needed. At 4 orbs apply dots since you can use the plague/insanity/mind blast burn time for your dots to tick through without you needing to spike to fill. There's a specific rotation you can memorize to optimize the beginning of that insanity phase but you asked for quick and dirty and I'm on my phone.

For AS try and mind blast on CD and keep SWP up. Try not to waste orbs by generating one while you already have five. Don't spec AS without many adds and/or tons of crit gear.

Dont spec VE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you kindly!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    100 talents

For COP press mind blast on CD without exception and fill with spikes or whatever as needed. At 4 orbs apply dots since you can use the plague/insanity/mind blast burn time for your dots to tick through without you needing to spike to fill. There's a specific rotation you can memorize to optimize the beginning of that insanity phase but you asked for quick and dirty and I'm on my phone.

For AS try and mind blast on CD and keep SWP up. Try not to waste orbs by generating one while you already have five. Don't spec AS without many adds and/or tons of crit gear.

Dont spec VE.
    What's the situation regarding VE in 6.1? Since said patch launches next week & I want moar dots! MOAR DOTS NAOW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    What's the situation regarding VE in 6.1? Since said patch launches next week & I want moar dots! MOAR DOTS NAOW!
    80% buffed, but still the worst one.
    AS and CoP are going to be the ones you use im guessing. but maybe there is hope.

Void Entropy looks interesting for a council fight, so it would be the best talent for... no WoD boss fight yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    My understanding is that unless they give it simply ludicrous DPS, it will never be good because it provides no orb generation. AS scales insanely with gear because with enough crit you have more orbs than you can spend, and COP gives you double the mind blasts.

Deleted
    The only situation you could ever afford to use VEntropy is if the damage either got buffed to insane amounts like 200% damage increase or a mechanics change. It just isn't very practical.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    The only situation you could ever afford to use VEntropy is if the damage either got buffed to insane amounts like 200% damage increase or a mechanics change. It just isn't very practical.
    Yea I posted before the last announcement to explain to them how a 100% damage buff wouldn't be enough, so they buffed it by 80% and called it a day.

So, it's still just as useless was it was before. The biggest issue it has is that it does nothing for our Orb generation - and Orbs are love, Orbs are life - even if it did though - it would still be the least interesting of the three to play, apply dot at start, forget about it for the rest of the fight. AS is fun/interesting multi-dotting, CoP is different from our usual DoT emphasis (even though we made it about DoTweaving) - VEnt is bad damage, boring, and has no impact on our priorities once applied.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2015-02-21 at 04:32 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter