Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    A lot of glyphs are mandatory anyway. Some just flat out suck especially a lot of priest glyphs for Shadow.

Look at the mage glyphs and a lot of them are actually DPS increases just straight up. Icy veins glyph changes haste to MS which is a huge DPS increase BOTH ST and AoE, splitting ice greatly buffs cleave DPS, WE glyph improves movement damage, combustion glyph improves burst, cone of cold improves AoE and Arcane power glyph improves burst as well.

Compared to Spriest, we have 1 straight up DPS increase glyph.

Blizzard also wanted people to pick and choose what they wanted in talents but that isn't the case either.
    Despite what I said earlier, all of those glyphs have the illusion of choice even though they're mandatory. Mages do in fact have a lot of good glyphs but there's still choice involved. Glyphed IV causes you to hit the MS cap while it's up so at higher gear levels it might not even desired. WElly is good but it comes at the cost of a glyph slot so it can be considered optional. Splitting Ice also does the same. Even Combustion can be considered optional if there's enough of a steady flow of adds to warrant more combustion damage over burst (fights like Galakras or Beast Lord).

If GoMH were to have gone live the way it was originally intended, it would simply be 100% the best glyph to have and there would never be any reason not to have it. It isn't a choice, it's just something you would have to have.

When this argument was originally brought up, there was hope that they would simply bake in GoMH's effect into a 90-100 perk, but that never came to fruition. The fact of the matter is, the devs simply don't think orbs on pull are a big deal. In the scope of a 15 minute encounter, burst at the beginning is very inconsequential (and a lot of our actual burst is at the end of an encounter, anyway). On the other hand, while it does matter for shorter farm fights, the devs would rather us be balanced around longer progression encounters than short, meaningless farm encounters. So, for now, it seems like we'll be guising trash or getting Orbs and scumbag AFKing the rest for yet another expansion.

I love this glyph, I feel it has extreme use at low levels. With lack of spells in your arsenal, other than Word Pain, Mind Sear, Mind Flay, and Mind Blast, there is not much else to use as shadow as far as damage is concerned until much higher levels. It's very useful in my opinion, its like any class, they make the game playable for any play style until you get to 100, and go into the "spec funnel"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    If you take the glyph your use of DP while leveling will increase a LOT. Which is pretty awesome because DP heals (no downtime casting Flash Heal on yourself after chain-killing a few mobs) and DP almost one shots most mobs.
    MB-DP one, DoT another, MP-DP the next, it works really well.
    The glyph is awesome for leveling. But not for much else.
    Depends, I tested it on beta during lvling (pre 2nd nerf) and I didn't find it viable. Imagine the following situation: you got 3 orbs (not uncommon), and you do a DP and a MB and the target dies. No SWD. You didn't prioritize MB on CD either. Now imagine you do not do a DP, you do a MB. You waste 1 orb, and then you can either do SWD (which wouldn't generate an orb) or a DP. So it doesn't flow very well when you have 3 orbs just like MoP shadow didn't flow well. Nor does it work well when you have 2 (because it forces you to do DP next, even if that kills the mob), and what do you do after you kill a mob? You end up with 2 orbs cause of SWD and having 5 orbs max allows you to save orbs. Starting with 2 orb with MB on CD sucks as well. No orbs and no MB = no burst. You don't get to execute either, so no SWD. On Beastlord with SI and AS you'd end up wasting a lot of orbs, especially with the crit trinket. Its just not viable. The only time I used the glyph, was to start with orbs on The Butcher. I'd consider it on Blast Furnace mythic tho but that is because of the downtime from Dominate Mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Despite what I said earlier, all of those glyphs have the illusion of choice even though they're mandatory. Mages do in fact have a lot of good glyphs but there's still choice involved. Glyphed IV causes you to hit the MS cap while it's up so at higher gear levels it might not even desired. WElly is good but it comes at the cost of a glyph slot so it can be considered optional. Splitting Ice also does the same. Even Combustion can be considered optional if there's enough of a steady flow of adds to warrant more combustion damage over burst (fights like Galakras or Beast Lord).

If GoMH were to have gone live the way it was originally intended, it would simply be 100% the best glyph to have and there would never be any reason not to have it. It isn't a choice, it's just something you would have to have.

When this argument was originally brought up, there was hope that they would simply bake in GoMH's effect into a 90-100 perk, but that never came to fruition. The fact of the matter is, the devs simply don't think orbs on pull are a big deal. In the scope of a 15 minute encounter, burst at the beginning is very inconsequential (and a lot of our actual burst is at the end of an encounter, anyway). On the other hand, while it does matter for shorter farm fights, the devs would rather us be balanced around longer progression encounters than short, meaningless farm encounters. So, for now, it seems like we'll be guising trash or getting Orbs and scumbag AFKing the rest for yet another expansion.
    It got nerfed twice. The second nerf was unwarranted. As for glyph of ice lance, you don't use that on a single target fight. OTOH, you don't even play frost on ST.

I've don't testing mind harvest is a net dps loss all spriest have for pve are utility glyphs and the extremely occasional reflective shield which is only good on very few fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Great feed back guys I love it when I make a good thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oh and this thread will be about whatever I please. Don't make me turn this bitch into a Spiderman thread.