Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 6.1 on the Background Downloader, Mythic BRF, Apexis Changes, Blue Tweets

First Look: Patch 2.2.0

The Pinnacle 3 Groups Announced, Card Design Competition #5, Thrall Lore Spotlight

Upcoming Commander Raynor Changes, Town Hall Heroes #51, Thrall Lore Spotlight

Patch 6.1 on the Background Downloader
    Patch 6.1 is on the background downloader, so be sure to check your settings to get it preloaded.

Mythic Blackrock Foundry Progression
    Midwinter killed The Blast Furnace, joining Method and Paragon at 9/10. There are now 32 guilds at 8/10 bosses down. You can keep up with the latest progress on WoWProgress, our forum thread, and Manaflask.

Gearing Up for Apexis Changes in Patch 6.1
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    In Warlords of Draenor, players can use Apexis Crystals to buy new gear, collectable items, and even Followers. With enough Crystals, even those who are having no luck with the RNG goblins can get new and powerful gear to help them take their adventures in Azeroth even further. Currently, the Apexis traders in the Horde town of Warspear and Alliance town of Stormshield offer gear up to item level 655, but in Patch 6.1, you’ll be able to trade up to ilvl 670 Ethereal Waist, Head, Wrist, Legs, Hands, Back, and Finger (ring) items.

There are already lots of ways to get Apexis Crystals, and with the patch we’re introducing even more in the form of new Missions and purchasable Scouting Missives, which will be available for 200 Garrison Resources each. These Missives can be purchased in your Garrison and will unlock an additional Apexis Crystal daily quest.

A change to questing is also coming with the patch that makes it so players will no longer be able to work on quests and complete them while in a Raid group (though Apexis Crystals will still drop from enemies). You’ll still be able to use the Group Finder tool to locate five-player groups you can join to complete your Apexis dailies.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Racials
    Draenai Paladins+Priests CANT use racial if they are locked in holy school while Rshamans mwmonks canfix plz #bug
    This is consistent with how school lockouts work, so it's not a bug. Gift of the Naaru is a Holy school spell. (WarcraftDevs)

Classes
    Why can enrage be dispelled? enrage is a state of emotion not a magical effect.
    It’s not a magical effect, but someone can certainly try to calm you down. (WarcraftDevs)

Anything on the promised race/class combination unlock look that was promised in interview for 6.1?
    New race/class combos are something we consider for new expansions, generally not in content patches. (WarcraftDevs)

Hello sir! Can you confirm or deny all the flutter going on about Gnome Hunters coming for 6.1?
    Not something for 6.1, but it is something we're considering for the future. (WarcraftDevs)

I've noticed that a big majority of passives are completely hidden after 6.0 came out, makes no sense to hide them all
    We hide a few passives when the changes they provide aren't relevant to making decisions. Theorycrafters can find them online. (WarcraftDevs)

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Any chance you could make the Death Strike icon light up when a DK has a Dark Succor proc?
    Not sure that we’ll be able to get this in for 6.1, but it sounds like a good idea. (WarcraftDevs)

litchbourne makes dks "undead" byproduct=fear immune,turn evil turns undead (not technically fear) does not work on dks? bug?
    Not technically a bug; it doesn't really make you undead anymore, just provides those immunities and enables Death Coil. (WarcraftDevs)

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Could you buff 4t17 for rdruids? 25% Mana of a WG is less than a (the subsequent) HT costs (and 2pc is better used on RG)
    This is an interesting case where different healers favor different healing styles, & some fit the set bonus, while some don’t. (WarcraftDevs)
    It's a case of a set bonus being simply bad. 25% of a WG doesn't cover even a single HT, let alone two of them.
    Why are you making that comparison? You're not losing the Healing Touches' healing. (Celestalon)
    Because you do not have GCD's for chaincasting HT's during high raiddamage, and during low raiddamage (1/2)
    You're saying that it's not worth using on it's own. But that's not the point. It doesn't need to be. It can still be... (Celestalon)
    ...valuable for the free mana savings when you do 2x HT anyway, which some healing styles do use. (Celestalon)
    Isn't the whole problem "2x HT anyway". When would you ever do that? 2pc also allows for NS on 2 additional Regrowth
    That seems like the crux of your complaint. You don't use 2x HT. Others do. That's OK. (Celestalon)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Hey guys, any chance in 6.1 hunter guns can sound more "gun" rather than "pulling the trigger on empty ammo" clicking sound
    We changed gun sounds in 6.0 based on player feedback during Mists. Feedback about them now, though, is noted and appreciated! (WarcraftDevs)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    in 6.1 may we please have a golden border to frostbolt (in combat) when fast cast frostbolt is avail? Important for DF timing.
    We’d consider that, but it may also be annoying having a constant glowing Frostbolt button while not actively fighting. (WarcraftDevs)

Are you worried about frost mage scaling? Arcane/Fire are on par/passing frost already. Frostbolt is still meh.
    We're keeping an eye on it, but not currently seeing a problem. (WarcraftDevs)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Is it a bug that Windwalker clones stand still during FoF while using glyph "Floating Butterfly"?
    No, this is intended. Floating Butterfly only benefits yourself. (WarcraftDevs)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    So why doesn't Arcane Torrent give Shadow Priests a Shadow Orb? It works for all the non-cloth.
    No change to announce currently, but we’ll discuss it. (WarcraftDevs)

Is there a chance to remove the automatic facing from Mind Flay and Sear and Penance? It is really annoying on situations (c)
    There’s actually a hidden UI option to disable that for advanced users. /console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0 (WarcraftDevs)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Healing debuff baked into Assassination deadly poison please. It's needed for competitive arena play as Mut spec.
    No plans for this currently, but why do you feel that Wound Poison doesn't fulfill this need? (WarcraftDevs)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Glyph of Ghostly Speed only works if activated in mountable area (both instance/world). Is that a bug? http://t.co/IoTOTqJYEq
    No, it’s intended. A minor glyph was not intended to give you indoor mounted speed. (WarcraftDevs)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    For a while now the Warlock Glyph, Glyph of Felgaurd has been broken you cant morph Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros any word on fix
    Glyph of Felguard is intentionally unable to equip Legendary weapons. (WarcraftDevs)

Please, could we have a minor glyph to reduce pet size from warlocks ?
    We appreciate the suggestion! No plans for this at the moment, but we'll keep it in mind. (WarcraftDevs)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Is it intended that Sweeping Strikes only transfers 20% of the damage dealt by Bladestorm(should be 50%)?
    (1) Sweeping Strikes off of AoE spells like Bladestorm & Whirlwind actually do 50% Weapon Damage . . . (WarcraftDevs)
    (2) . . instead of 50% of the damage done so that it doesn’t scale with target count. (WarcraftDevs)

Character / Items
    How will the Heirloom tab work with the Garrosh BoAs? I have e.g. the 2h axe on normal, heroic and mythic.
    Only the most prestigious version of each Garrosh heirloom that you own will show up in your Heirlooms collection. (WarcraftDevs)

I hate what you've done to caster trinkets. Every dps (str, agi) has their own. Why casters share with heals? Too unfair.
    What makes you say that? They don't, other than that they CAN use them. Healers have their own trinkets though. (Celestalon)

Understand Tickle Totem being behind a rep to get. May I suggest once you have it in Toy Box useable by all (or Horde) alts
    We’ll look into it, thanks for the suggestion. (WarcraftDevs)

PvE
    Bosses in BRF should drop more than 9 Fragments? People (including myself) reporting getting 27 Runes tuesday but only 9 after
    Usually 9, rarely 27. Just like how sometimes you’d get clusters in Highmaul. (WarcraftDevs)

PvP
    Hello there! Any changes planned to adress NPC difficulty in Alterac Valley? Most mobs appear weaker then usual (bowmen etc)
    Some of the NPCs in Alterac Valley have had their health increased in 6.1. (WarcraftDevs)

what is the significance of the display "enemies slain" inside ashran? how does it work out? is it an objective?
    Once you reach the number required, a faction captain will spawn at your base to assist you in your fight. (WarcraftDevs)

Any fix for these Ashran afkers preventing people who want to PVP from joining? It's infuriating that this is a thing
    If there are people waiting to get into Ashran, AFK players are removed from the zone. (WarcraftDevs)

Are BG holiday weekends going to be returning anytime soon?
    No plans to have them return any time soon. (WarcraftDevs)

Professions
    will the 125 stat food recipes make more than 1 per craft? Seems very expensive if not.
    The 125 stat cooking recipes will have a chance to create 1 additional food based on your skill. (WarcraftDevs)

World Events
    Are you happy with how 'They Really Love Me' turned out? Any plans to change it before the holiday is over?
    The griefing potential due to an aura channeling issue was a top message, we've gotten the feedback, improving on it for sure. (Muffinus)

Darkmoon Faire Race
    Oh so its kinda of a soft buff to your ability to finish it on time?
    Yep! It will get easier as the months pass. (Muffinus)

Misc
    Hey has there been any word on a fix for Guild Dungeon runs randomly not counting for gold in the guild bank?
    We believe we have a fix for this issue in 6.1. (WarcraftDevs)
    Last edited by chaud; 2015-02-20 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    first 10char

A change to questing is also coming with the patch that makes it so players will no longer be able to work on quests and complete them while in a Raid group (though Apexis Crystals will still drop from enemies). You’ll still be able to use the Group Finder tool to locate five-player groups you can join to complete your Apexis dailies.
    Are you kidding me? It's already a pain in the ass to do every day, you're gonna make it harder? Fuck off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torpedoes View Post
    Are you kidding me? It's already a pain in the ass to do every day, you're gonna make it harder? Fuck off.
    While I don't agree with this, I 100% prefer to do in a 5 man group, I really strongly dislike the raid group zerg mentality, and being on the same server as a raid group means you can't do it in a 5 man group as the raid is zerging the entire zone.

I do think that Apexis gear is the biggest fail in WoW history.

I would love to know how many toons actually have any 655 gear, and how many will be going for 670 gear.

I was doing some math, if I dinged an Alt tomorrow and wanted to get ONE bit of 670 apexis gear it would take approx 70 800 apexis missions, this would cost 14,000 Garrison Resource to get the tokens or if you did say 1 bonus a day it would take 35 days to get ONE big of gear, its insane, just don't get it at all, I don't get who this gear is aimed at.

2.4gb is a lot for 0 content.

OH hey no changes to disc priest?

blizz: disc priests, press this one button for 6 months please. then we'll nerf it. maybe a year later we'll give you other spells, maybe. only if our mental retardation doesn't hit in too hard over the summer...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    While I don't agree with this, I 100% prefer to do in a 5 man group, I really strongly dislike the raid group zerg mentality, and being on the same server as a raid group means you can't do it in a 5 man group as the raid is zerging the entire zone.
    While I agree with you on the mentality, I did notice that some of the dailies are much harder to complete in small groups/on your own than others. I am curious to see how this is going to affect that. It doesn't sound like a change I am going to like, but I will wait and see.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's almost as if Blizzard no longer consider wow to be an mmo, as they are removing one of the few open world massively multiplayer pieces of content. If they thought doing the dailies in a raid was too easy they should just have buffed all the mobs to make the difficulty more appropriate for a raid group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    2.4gb is a lot for 0 content.
    Maybe it is because there is not "0 content"?

Don't get me wrong.

I don't want Blood Elf Models.

I don't want Heirloom Tab.

I defiantly don't want Twitter Integration.

I do want Quests and Story Line Progression (and we are not getting much of that).

I am getting really tired of the "0 content" thing though

Maybe it is because there is not "0 content"?

Don't get me wrong.

I don't want Blood Elf Models.

I don't want Heirloom Tab.

I defiantly don't want Twitter Integration.

I do want Quests and Story Line Progression (and we are not getting much of that).

I am getting really tired of the "0 content" thing though
    You call Blood Elf models, Heirloom tab, Twitter Integration content?

Deleted
    You call Blood Elf models, Heirloom tab, Twitter Integration content?
    Yes, I call anything that developers and the art team had to work on as content.

Is it the content I want? 100% it is not.

Can't seem to get 6.1 to appear on the b.net client? No background downloading going on looks like... qq

Deleted
    Same for me, Bareno.

Deleted
    If this is the final and no changes to FDK for pve, shit will hit the fan.

just wait and see.

But im praying they come to their senses and are working on a update with extra work last 2-3 days to add to the 6.1 patch.

But who am i kidding? its blizzard ofc not,they gonna do the same mistake over and over and over again.

They gonna have to add a buff hotfix every godamn raid tier/content patch.

Instead of actually sorting the issue, and god forbid to have the buffs only pve based and not effect pvp, since that is what they are worried about.

Is that background downloader the reason why wow was lagging so much yesterday? or was that my ISP? (there was also a new beta patch for HoTS, though)

Anyway, IApexis dailies are ok, but yes rewards have really high time sink. Not worth the effort.

Deleted
    Yes, I call anything that developers and the art team had to work on as content.

Is it the content I want? 100% it is not.
    You should look up on the definition of content before making such claims. All of the three things mentioned arent content.

What exactly are we getting that is 2gb+ in size? I've got entire games that are smaller than that, no way announced content is that large. Even entire new raids are only 700-1000mb
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    It's almost as if Blizzard no longer consider wow to be an mmo, as they are removing one of the few open world massively multiplayer pieces of content. If they thought doing the dailies in a raid was too easy they should just have buffed all the mobs to make the difficulty more appropriate for a raid group.
    The problem with the raid group ones, is keeping track of where everyone is, main pain was the pit you would have half the group on one side killing stuff and the other half on the other side trying to find where the other half went too.. Same with the Shattrath one as well can get difficult to keep track of everyone and even in a small group in Shatt you can get split up, this is my understanding of maybe why they chose this route wit the apexis group daily..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    What exactly are we getting that is 2gb+ in size? I've got entire games that are smaller than that, no way announced content is that large. Even entire new raids are only 700-1000mb
    Updated Belf models would be the main one plus updating / fixing the other races as well as some other things..

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya know, I still remember CONTENT Patches (everything with a .1 .2 .3 etc behind it) getting cool names due to the "CONTENT" being added that helps progression - may that be story (not that meager thing they call advancing in the legendary thing) or actual raid content, or an island full of fun, or the quest hub.
    Funny as all of this gets pushed to 6.2. And my bet goes to 6.2 being released shortly before the "SUMMER" Hole comes up, because, you know, they want to keep the next raiding tier for the late months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    You should look up on the definition of content before making such claims. All of the three things mentioned arent content.
    In your opinion.

In my opinion anything that takes development time and art team time is content.

Again is it the content I want, 100% it is not.

But it is content.