Deleted

Shadow Priest AoE (Searing Insanity) 6.1

Hellos

I would like to hear other Shadow Priests opinion on this new buff to our AoE.
    Will this make us more "viable" in BRF fx Kromog, train boss etc.
    Discuss away!

I actually like the new Shadow Priest AoE buffs a lot. Shadow is pretty much the worse spec in AoE atm. We have no form of burst AoE and our sustain AoE requires us to multidot everything. With the AS buff we'll be SOOOOOO much stronger on multi-target boss fights, and the searing insanity gives us some burst AoE for adds like on Darmac and Thogar.

Makes Insanity a staple... 24/7

Deleted
    We are already viable on Thogar. You shouldn't just look at the DPS meters, look on damage on priority targets instead.

Deleted
    Yes, we can burst down adds if we pool orbs (with cop or not, depending on how long they live), the problem is that our overall damage suffers even more. I remember consistently doing the most damage on spore shooter on brackenspore, but at a cost of mediocre damage on both the big add and boss itself. It's just disheartening, especially when you're in a raid with 3 warlocks, who are constantly competing for the top damage overall, while doing similar on demand burst and AoE that should be illegal. And on top of that they can switch specs to best suit current encounter.

Deleted
    Insanity will certainly help pad our DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Yes, we can burst down adds if we pool orbs (with cop or not, depending on how long they live), the problem is that our overall damage suffers even more. I remember consistently doing the most damage on spore shooter on brackenspore, but at a cost of mediocre damage on both the big add and boss itself. It's just disheartening, especially when you're in a raid with 3 warlocks, who are constantly competing for the top damage overall, while doing similar on demand burst and AoE that should be illegal. And on top of that they can switch specs to best suit current encounter.
    Overall DPS is just minor. Look at the AoE a warlock does on Thogar or Kromog: Immolation Aura, Hand of Gul'dan / Chaos Wave, Felstorm, and Cataclysm. Or look at Starfall or Ignite/Combustion spreading. There just isn't competition now, and there won't be much in 6.1. But, look at who does the most damage to the priority targets? We're high in that list.

On Brackenspore I was top DPS right below the flamethrowers. You either use Insanity with the Mind Fungus trick, or you use SoD. Our locks were Destruction which was annoying cause of even more execute snipes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Our locks were Destruction which was annoying cause of even more execute snipes.
    We had a couple warriors to do that. I might of gotten 10 SWD on spores over 15-ish hours we spent there...

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    We had a couple warriors to do that. I might of gotten 10 SWD on spores over 15-ish hours we spent there...
    why the fuck are warriors attacking spore shooters

Because mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by J50 View Post
    Because mythic.
    We never had a single melee attack any spore shooters on mythic unless one just happened to be very close to the boss. If warriors are chasing them in your raid they are just trying to pad

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blupr View Post
    We never had a single melee attack any spore shooters on mythic unless one just happened to be very close to the boss. If warriors are chasing them in your raid they are just trying to pad
    Exactly, the shooters barely have 1m health each and your flamers should be timing it to come back in around when they're coming up, with just myself and one of the hunters on flame duty we were able to burst ours down in -8s every time they came up.