Help with Holy Priest HPS + Mana probs.

My lol Shadow priest is still in Wrath somewhere, and I've never healed on her, so I've come here to help our raids holy priest, who seems to be struggling in both the HPS and mana departments. I was wondering if you guys can take a look at her and see what she may be able to improve? Many thanks in advance!

(Yes, we're overhealing to spread gear. When with 5's, #'s are the same, Mana management is worse.)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=7

At first glance. not enough renews, and no normal heal. so he/she does not benefit from the serendipity stacks generated by flash heal.

using the wrong chacra stance most of the fight. Holy word sanctuary is on a 45 (I think) sec cooldown in that time he/she can switch to the other stance and can at least use 4 instant heals with additional crit change.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...strie/advanced
    is the character. now in disc spec so not much i can conlude from that
    Last edited by Succath; 2015-02-21 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Yep too few Renews definitely. Also not using PoM on cd. Maybe not even CoH.

Overhealing is a serious issue for hpriest, we're triage healers.. Having to many healers wont let renew do its magic as other healers will snipe it before they can work their magic.. Also looking at overheal, circle of healing got almost 50% overheal - needs to evaluated if its worth even casting. Even looking at why this many healers..

Just look at the overhealing done by both the rdrood and the mentioned priest, both at 50% overheal.. This is mana thrown away.

That said - looked at Kromog attempts, hes using way to many poh (will cause mana issues)
    Generally whats been said, renew way to little.
    Personally , i stay in blue chakra when above 15 ppl close to 100% of the time and jsut renewing ppl who need heals.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by FatefulCless View Post
    Yep too few Renews definitely. Also not using PoM on cd. Maybe not even CoH.
    CoH already sits at 50% overheal, increasing casts of this shouldnt make diffrence to it tbh..

Deleted
    I have twice the amount of Renews cast in a 5:30 fight. Twist of Fate is a pretty commonly used Holy Priest talent, he uses Power Infusion, but doesn't seem to use it. That's an issue.

Mana is really a matter of items and playstyle. Does he have spirit on every possible piece? Candle / Chewtoy from Darmac goes a long way, or even Winged Hourglass(3/3 obv). If he uses Solace he should be using it everytime it's possible. If he cannot manage that he should switch to Mindbender.

Quote Originally Posted by Soiprax View Post
    Overhealing is a serious issue for hpriest, we're triage healers.. Having to many healers wont let renew do its magic as other healers will snipe it before they can work their magic.. Also looking at overheal, circle of healing got almost 50% overheal - needs to evaluated if its worth even casting. Even looking at why this many healers..

Just look at the overhealing done by both the rdrood and the mentioned priest, both at 50% overheal.. This is mana thrown away.

That said - looked at Kromog attempts, hes using way to many poh (will cause mana issues)
    Generally whats been said, renew way to little.
    Personally , i stay in blue chakra when above 15 ppl close to 100% of the time and jsut renewing ppl who need heals.

EDIT:

CoH already sits at 50% overheal, increasing casts of this shouldnt make diffrence to it tbh..
    I think mostly it has to do with the fact they are running way to much healers. i counted 7 on most fights. which is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

For the HPS issue the main problem seems to be in the lack of renews being casted. On the vast majority of heroic encounters, if not all of them, renew is my #1 heal. Prayer of mending usage is fairly low on most fights, this can easily be fixed by casting it on cooldown and ensuring the person you are casting it on is going to take damage very soon, ideally a tank. The mana management problems seems to come from casting both flash of heal and prayer of healing far too often. Without serendipity, prayer of healing is extremely inefficient. This is coupled with sub-optimal usage of solace for the fights it was taken on.

In regards to Succath's comment on chakra dancing, I disagree for the most part. Your raid comp has two holy paladins and a disc priest. Tank healing/single target healing shouldn't be a problem at all and your holy priest will get much more mileage out of the lowered circle of healing cooldown.

Deleted
    I think amount of solace casts are also an issue, hes not casting it on cooldown. Wich would cause mana issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    I think mostly it has to do with the fact they are running way to much healers. i counted 7 on most fights. which is ridiculous
    That was the point i was making aswell.

Deleted
    using the wrong chacra stance most of the fight. Holy word sanctuary is on a 45 (I think) sec cooldown in that time he/she can switch to the other stance and can at least use 4 instant heals with additional crit change.
    Hu?
    You aren't in Sanctuary stance for holy word: sanctuary but for the reduced CD on CoH, especially on high raid dmg fights with renew spam.

At first glance. not enough renews, and no normal heal. so he/she does not benefit from the serendipity stacks generated by flash heal.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...strie/advanced
    is the character. now in disc spec so not much i can conlude from that
    you dont use the blue stance for sanctuary void zone. that thing is terrible. you use it for the cooldown reduction on coh.. theres next to no reason to not stay in blue stance.

if you are overhealing fights it is not worth taking twist of fate, as the uptime would be really bad. Power Infusion is good in that it also helps with mana and gives more throughput. Holy priests as a whole are terrible at sniping heals from people, while we are ahead in the overhealing game.

You guys have way too many healers, half of your healers need to go dps. Stop using flash heal, don't even think about it if your target is not sub 10%. You need to press renew way more. When you are panicking about what spell to press, the answer is renew.

The major problems:
    1. Far too many Flash Heal. With that amount of Flash Heal casting, he's either casting it improperly or he needs to respec Solace -> Surge of Light.
    2. Far too many PoH. The 68% overhealing on PoH indicates he's casting a lot of PoH when there aren't enough targets for it. If he has 2 stacks of Serendipity and doesn't have a damaged group to heal, he should be using Heal (indeed, his low Heal casting indicates he's not even considering this an option most of the time - with that much Serendipity, it's almost inevitable you'll have a lot of Heals cast).
    3. Not casting ProM frequently enough. The 6.1 stacking solves most of the collision issues, so he should be casting it about twice as often as he does.

Some earlier comments I don't agree with:
    1. Casting on cooldown. Both CoH and Solace are cast about every 12 secs, so that's fine.
    2. Chakra stance. I'm a fan of Serenity since the cumulative impact of CoH cooldown is frequently counterbalanced by having a useful Holy Word. However, his casting style doesn't match how you would use Serenity and Serenity is harder in larger raids.
    3. Cast more Renews. Holy Priests cast Renew because it's mana efficient, not because it's a preferred spell to cast. So the problem isn't that you're not casting Renew enough - it's that you're casting something you shouldn't be casting instead.

I'll agree that 7 healers for 24 people is excessive. Drop 2 healers and see how you do.

Over healing on several spells is the root issues imo.