Please help with feedback on our Resto Shaman

I'm hoping that someone is able to take a look at our logs and help identify what our resto shaman is doing right/wrong. He has expressed doubts to me over whether or not he is doing things right, but as I have not played Resto shammy since WOTLK I'm no longer aware of how they are supposed to work.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...18c98/overview

For some context, we're a newly founded guild and have only been doing guild raids for a few weeks. We're very much playing catchup with gear and experience, and our raid's ilevels vary quite significantly while we attempt to catch people up and normalize gear levels.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Deleted
    Took a look at those logs, although I'm not quite familiar with AMR's logs and don't have access to the shammy's gear talents/glyphs.

There are a couple of things amr can't tell, a couple of important ones would be healing rain uptime (should be near 100% on butcher with conductivity talent) and healing stream should also be used on cd.

On other uptimes, elemental blast on some fights was used sporadicly, that's okay if he's not mana starved, but then it would just be better to use primal elementalist for the buffs if he's not in need of the added spirit regen and can get by with a mana pot. Primal elementalist buffs are 10% more healing over 1 min and 10% more healing +20% dmg reduction for 1 min, making them usefull during raid wide dmg phases(for example tectus requires just burst of heals on a fight that isn't mana intensive)

Might just be AMR not showing, but I don't see spiritwalker's grace at all in his uptime buffs, basicly it's a shaman's own asp. of the fox, which can be glyphed for half duration and half cd making it line up perfectly on every butcher bounce until the last 20% (allowing a shaman to keep healing while flying and returning to his position and one of the reasons why shamans are good soakiers to pile in melee as well).

Again on the healing rain, he's using it every fight, it's actually not as good as it used to be, healing rain is dumb and either people are 40 sec standing still while taking dmg (read butcher only), or it's not worth it at all, even on a fight like kora'gh or tectus, it's barelly 5%, on such fights it would be better to not use healing rain at all and instead take rushing stream which more than doubles healing steam totem's healing.

Also not sure might just be amr, but I don't see ascendance anywhere, that's a shamans minor healing cd, doubling all healing temporarily. That should rly be on the buff uptime.

Last minor improvement I see is glyph of healing stream on fights where it's useless, it makes healing stream totem reduce the dmg a healed ally takes from fire frost and nature dmg by 10%, making it useless on butcher for example, and which he should replace by other more usefull glyphs (healing wave, spiritwalker focus, riptide)

That's all I can notice from the logs for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again on the healing rain, he's using it every fight, it's actually not as good as it used to be, healing rain is dumb and either people are 40 sec standing still while taking dmg (read butcher only), or it's not worth it at all, even on a fight like kora'gh or tectus, it's barelly 5%, on such fights it would be better to not use healing rain at all and instead take rushing stream which more than doubles healing steam totem's healing.
    This is incorrect. Healing Rain tends to be within my Top 3 heals nearly every fight. I actively use Rushing Streams to buff up HST while keeping Healing Rain on CD, and HR still is beating out HST.

I just wanted to clarify that Healing Rain is worth using and should be used. On Mythic Koragh, Healing Rain and HST were nearly tied on healing. Sure, it doesn't do much healing on Tectus, but that is 1 fight out of 17 bosses we currently have that it doesn't perform exceptionally well on.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Am I correct in thinking that he's largely doing things right outside of possible cooldown management, then?

Quote Originally Posted by chynonm View Post
    Assuming people actually stand in it for the full ten seconds, Healing Rain actually has both great HPCT and good HPM. You can also cast it before predictable damage hits, or cast it immediately before activating Ascendance. There's also no reason why you can't get the Rushing Streams talent and keep Healing Rain down for the whole fight. Conductivity is very situational even if the raid is stacked for most of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by chynonm View Post
    Last minor improvement I see is glyph of healing stream on fights where it's useless, it makes healing stream totem reduce the dmg a healed ally takes from fire frost and nature dmg by 10%, making it useless on butcher for example, and which he should replace by other more usefull glyphs (healing wave, spiritwalker focus, riptide)
    There aren't three glyphs more universally useful than GoHST. Spiritwalker's Focus isn't very useful on Butcher and Riptide isn't also rather useless on that fight. Our major glyphs are mostly garbage, unfortunately.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conductivity is very situational even if the raid is stacked for most of the fight.
    I would like to further add to this:

Conductivity is also nice on mana, as it is less times you have to cast Healing Rain but ALSO more time you can spend casting other heals. Overall, though, I enjoy using Rushing Streams on the majority of fights as its output is really nice and I have had zero mana issues.