Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

surprised no ones upset

in 6.1 with the changes to our 100 talents frost pvp will be crippled on top of the runic glyph nerf and conversion nerf our defense will be crippled.

I'm just disappointed with 6.1 in general.

Deleted
    It was a long time coming.

I'm just a bit saddened they aren't compensating us in a defensive aspect for this.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-02-21 at 10:26 PM.

I am disappointed with the lvl 100 talents in general, but NP needed a nerf because it's the go to talent for frost, otherwise lvl 100 talents aren't motivating at all, I'd rather I get a perk at lvl 100 than choose one of the garbage
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2015-02-21 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    pvp you should not complain about on frost part, its the PVE side that is the worst.

pvp its fine, more than fine.

Frost is far behind just about all other specs in pve and we can thank pvp for that (well, that and bad class design). I can only dream of the day that I get to go back to DW Frost on a mythic raiding level and not get laughed at. Until then, I'm prisoner to Unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I am disappointed with the lvl 100 talents in general, but NP needed a nerf because it's the go to talent for frost, otherwise lvl 100 talents aren't motivating at all, I'd rather I get a perk at lvl 100 than choose one of the garbage
    You know NP is getting buffed right?

Not from a pvp perspective. The rp gained from being hit was pretty strong for frost dks, especially for keeping conversion up. As all "defensive" aspects of our lv100 talents are removed for dps dks with 6.1 its definitely a nerf for pvp and is also making NP pretty useless too as its dmg is pathetic for frost anyway.
    Problem is defile is also rubbish and while BoS is a nice and strong burst, its incredibly easy to break as it has no fix duration like a normal dmg cd but relies on you being able to hit your target, so one stun and that dmg cd is gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Not from a pvp perspective. The rp gained from being hit was pretty strong for frost dks, especially for keeping conversion up. As all "defensive" aspects of our lv100 talents are removed for dps dks with 6.1 its definitely a nerf for pvp and is also making NP pretty useless too as its dmg is pathetic for frost anyway.
    Problem is defile is also rubbish and while BoS is a nice and strong burst, its incredibly easy to break as it has no fix duration like a normal dmg cd but relies on you being able to hit your target, so one stun and that dmg cd is gone.
    Aaah forgot the RP thing got removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Aaah forgot the RP thing got removed.
    Like i said, the lvl 100 talents are not exciting whatsoever, NP just replaces both of our diseases.

The 20% damage buff might make NP the go to talent anyways for all pvp, because defile is useless and breath can be usable for "burst" situations.

Breath will still remain not competitive in pve due to NP being the GO TO talent and defile for some situations.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm upset. Took me hours to figure out when to defile for that minor shieldwall without dropping DPS.

When has PvP not been a bad joke as of late? As long as Blizzard tries to balance the same spells / classes / talents around both PvE and PvP we are going to end up with dead-end specs / choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    pvp you should not complain about on frost part, its the PVE side that is the worst.

pvp its fine, more than fine.
    By being fine you mean being the worst class in 3v3 arena before nerfs? After nerfs dk's will be crap in 2's as well, and only brought to rbg's due to death grip.

Deleted
    As for compensation in the defensive department, I had an idea.

Rework the Icebound Fortitude Glyph for Frost/Unholy.

"Adds 20% damage reduction to Icebound Fortitude but Icebound Fortitude no longer provides immunity to stun effects"

or

"Adds 10% damage reduction to Icebound Fortitude but Icebound Fortitude no longer breaks stun effects when used."

Frost/Unholy only ofc. Blood with a 70% IBF would be overkill imo.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-02-23 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Blood with a 70% IBF would be overkill imo.
    Ye, like pala bubble, mage ice block, sp dispersion etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Like i said, the lvl 100 talents are not exciting whatsoever, NP just replaces both of our diseases.

The 20% damage buff might make NP the go to talent anyways for all pvp, because defile is useless and breath can be usable for "burst" situations.

Breath will still remain not competitive in pve due to NP being the GO TO talent and defile for some situations.
    All top parses of single target are using BoS now.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    All top parses of single target are using BoS now.
    If you call 3 parses out of the top 10 being all of the top parses for single target then sure. Theres not enough data to support a statement like that just because only 120 parses have been recorded for UH DKs and a handful of people used BoS. only time will tell whether or not BoS will be the top talent for single target. also note that 1 dk out of the top 10 on heroic used BoS. not ruling it out as viable for single target. but dont make a statement like that without more proof than a few parses.

Instead of having 1 go-to talent that you really enjoyed, you now have 3 really boring talents that you don't give a shit about.

Well done. Thanks for providing "choices" that are about as exciting as picking a wart remover.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    By being fine you mean being the worst class in 3v3 arena before nerfs? After nerfs dk's will be crap in 2's as well, and only brought to rbg's due to death grip.
    DK isn't the worst class in any form of PvP by any measure. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the changes either, but we aren't that bad off.