670/680 Upgrades?

It is my understanding that the new crafted tiers are upgrades in ilvl/stats only, and do not have any recolors/skins.

Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Maulina View Post
    It is my understanding that the new crafted tiers are upgrades in ilvl/stats only, and do not have any recolors/skins.

Is this correct?
    This is correct

Well, that is just disappointing.
    Last edited by Emageht Tsoluoy; 2015-02-22 at 12:57 AM.

Why would you expect a difference? Its a straight upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep! Exactly like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Because of the materials required to create them?

A Tier 4 item needs:
    550x of a CD mat
    110x of sorcerous mats
    60x of savage bloods

So... roughly 2-4 weeks worth of materials invested into a single item, and it looks identical to the Tier 3 version which costs half as much.
    Last edited by Emageht Tsoluoy; 2015-02-22 at 12:04 AM.

It's kind of like that final extra PVP season in MoP pretty much, art team is working on other projects. New weapon art would have been nice though

You dont have BOE crafted piece for transmog.. off course they won't bother putting time into that .....

A Tier 4 item needs:
    550x of a CD mat
    110x of sorcerous mats
    60x of savage bloods

So... roughly 2-4 weeks worth of materials invested into a single item, and it looks identical to the Tier 3 version which costs half as much.
    this won't be the case in 6.1. it'll be a few hours worth of materials instead. all the new ways to get mats, trade mats, tramsute mats is gunna tank the crafted gear market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

This whole expansion has lacked unique art for equipment. If you're just now realizing that, I wish I could say "sorry."

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    All of the weapons upgrade visually with each stage. It's very cool. Stage 4 being the same as stage 3, not very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessthanzer0 View Post
    this won't be the case in 6.1. it'll be a few hours worth of materials instead. all the new ways to get mats, trade mats, tramsute mats is gunna tank the crafted gear market.
    Not so sure about that - once the excess resources in the economy get sucked up the first week or so, it should even back out. The first few days is going to be fun! I'm looking forward to seeing how the sorcerous market plays out - everyone seems to be too focused on bloods...but sorcerous is going to be where all the fun is...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    All of the weapons upgrade visually with each stage. It's very cool. Stage 4 being the same as stage 3, not very cool.
    Stage 3 was the "fancy" stage - I don't blame them for not wanting to force people to have the Stage 3 look changed when upgrading the items stats.

even with transmutes, i think that sorcerous will be the new gated mechanic in professions...

aside from CD mats that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Not so sure about that - once the excess resources in the economy get sucked up the first week or so, it should even back out. The first few days is going to be fun! I'm looking forward to seeing how the sorcerous market plays out - everyone seems to be too focused on bloods...but sorcerous is going to be where all the fun is...

- - - Updated - - -

Stage 3 was the "fancy" stage - I don't blame them for not wanting to force people to have the Stage 3 look changed when upgrading the items stats.
    Stage 3 armors are recolors of stage 2, which are recolors of stage 1....

only the weapons had unique looks each stage.

Deleted

A Tier 4 item needs:
    550x of a CD mat
    110x of sorcerous mats
    60x of savage bloods

That's 24.750 raw WOD materials + 110 sorc mats if you decide to go the new 6.1 route and skip all the waiting for cooldowns. Astronomical cost yes. But upgrade item itself is only 10.250 raw mats + 40 sorc which is actually only few thousand gold given the price of raw mats currently.

And it might actually fix the market for those raw mats. They can't stay 50silver each forever...

You're not upgrading the gear for a new look. You're upgrading the gear to get 20 extra item levels on a piece.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    You're not upgrading the gear for a new look. You're upgrading the gear to get 20 extra item levels on a piece.
    10 item levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    That's 24.750 raw WOD materials + 110 sorc mats if you decide to go the new 6.1 route and skip all the waiting for cooldowns. Astronomical cost yes. But upgrade item itself is only 10.250 raw mats + 40 sorc which is actually only few thousand gold given the price of raw mats currently.

And it might actually fix the market for those raw mats. They can't stay 50silver each forever...
    What do you mean 24.750 "raw" WoD materials?
    CD mats have no shortcut until 6.1 outside of Primals, and current primal costs are 2500 primals to 100 CD mats.

They specifically said in a blue post a few weeks back that the upgrade has no cosmetic difference.

Deleted
    raw mats he means: blackiron ore, true iron ore, wod fur and wod leather, all the wod herbs, and dust (dust is quite expensive though)

to create phase 4 item in 6.1, u need:

200 profession specific CD mat, and 30 blood, and 40 sorc earth/air/water/fire

with the 6.1 changes, to simplify we take ore an blacksmithing phse 4 upgrade:

trader: 1 primal spirit = 5 ore
    new (ungated) blacksmith recipe: 1 profession specific CD mat = 1 primal spirit and 5 true iron ore and 5 blackiron ore

200 cd mats = 200 primal spirits (=1000ore) + 1000 blackiron ore, 1000 true iron ore == 3000 ore
    30 blood = 30 * 50 primal spirit = 1500 primal spirit * 5 ore == 7500 ore

that means beside the sorcerer stuff you need 10500 ore to create phase 4 Blacksmithing upgrade token
    ps: currently and i think at future prices its not worth it, but you could also exchange 40 sourcerer items for primal spirit (40 * 25 * 5) but its not wort it, better to buy in ah or transmute some other sorcerer items.

to summarize, right now, its gated through the 24h cooldown, but with 6.1 it will be ungated completly.

10 item levels.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean 24.750 "raw" WoD materials?
    CD mats have no shortcut until 6.1 outside of Primals, and current primal costs are 2500 primals to 100 CD mats.