Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Adds are an extremely versatile mechanic, they allow designers a freedom that I don't could be obtained in WoW without them, I don't think they're going away any time soon.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I don't think Al'Akir was simply a gear check. There are ways around it
    To be absolutely technical about it, there were adds on Al'Akir

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Maybe because they're over used on boss fights.

Highmaul: 6 bosses with adds (If you count Kargath mythic)
    Blackrock: 6 bosses with adds.
    Let's just have every fight a tank and spank then. Or you know, more vehicle combat. Because everyone LOVED that idea right? ;-)
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    remove adds from every boss in highmaul/brf and the difficulty drops dramatically.

majority of the hardest encounters in most tiers have adds

MC 40m ragnaros - adds
    KT naxx 40 - adds
    kael - adds
    illidan - adds
    T6 -muru - adds
    T7 - "see naxx 40"
    T8 -yogg saron - adds
    T9 - anub - adds
    T10- LK - adds
    T11 - nef, chogal, sinestra - all have adds
    T12 - ragnaros 2.0 - adds
    T13- spine and madness - adds
    T14- sha of fear, Grand emp, will of the emp - adds
    T15 - lei shen, dark animus - adds
    T16 - siegecrafter, garrosh - adds
    T17 - imperator - adds, mythic blackhand - TBA since there are new mythic mechanics for each phase apparently as stated by justwait in another thread

just named some of the hardest encounters from most tiers and they all have adds in them. to hate add fights is to hate majority of the hard bosses in wow history.
    Last edited by mmocbdbff9af68; 2015-02-24 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    To be absolutely technical about it, there were adds on Al'Akir
    There's nothing technical about it. The adds were integral to the fight on heroic. Without handling them properly you would never meet the DPS requirements.

OP is a feral druid or shadow priest?

In all seriousness there's only so much mechanical depth without adds. They are a fairly integral part of raid encounters(tanking becomes pretty trivial without some form of adds). Sorry you don't parse well/aren't brought to fights b/c of your lack of aoe/cleave?

Add fights are better anyways.

Deleted
    I just hate it when you're dps-ing the boss and avoiding mechanics only for the boss to summon adds that have a shitload of hp and need to be killed before focusing the boss again. It just seems like bland and boring mechanics with no other purpose but to pointlessly prolong the fight because the devs couldn't come up with something more creative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slev36 View Post
    OP is a feral druid or shadow priest?
    with the buff to SA in 6.1, shadow priest will have a ton of fun on add fights

As a DPS, P'Adds are fun.

I don't see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    we need more Heigan type fights. Seeing people fail at safety dance was so fun
    Hans and Frans not strike you as a Heigan Mk. II?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Im diggin the content, dont care for the idea of mythic though but other than that i really enjoy brf

As a tank, you can go ahead and blow this one straight out of your ass. Fights without adds tend to be boring as shit.

As for a "good raid instance," if you honestly don't like Blackrock Foundry I would just quit WoW. It's one of the best raids they've done since Ulduar in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Hans and Frans not strike you as a Heigan Mk. II?
    The big issue at Heigan was that you really didn't know the location from where the shit will come up. Sure you kinda knew the general idea but I, for example, always got hit regardless. Hans&Franz clearly show you where shit is about to strike. Years after I still fail at Heigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lock and troll View Post
    The big issue at Heigan was that you really didn't know the location from where the shit will come up. Sure you kinda knew the general idea but I, for example, always got hit regardless. Hans&Franz clearly show you where shit is about to strike. Years after I still fail at Heigan.
    The dance was always the same no rng on flames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    And you didn't even address the fact that auto attacks do a lot better than wanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quick trade chat poll reveals that YOUR MOM is actually the hardest bossfight in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zherod View Post
    The dance was always the same no rng on flames.
    This^

Always started at 1 point (generally we had it as a pile of bones LOL) and you always moved to the right, until the phase ended (or you started coming back)

I think blizzard has made big improvements over the raids we saw in MOP with the BRF raids. I find them more like original wow or cata in that I actually care about what happens to the characters involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Netherspite, Kalecgos, Iron Council, General Vezax, H Blood Prince Council, H Blood Queen Lana'Thel, H Sindragosa, H Ascendant Council, H Atramedes, H Hagara, H Stone Guard, H Imperial Vizior Zor'Lok, H Jin'Rohk, H Megaera, M Gruul and M Hans'Gar and Franzok are all really good fights that don't feature adds
    atramedes had imps, hagara had the conduits in the frost phase, megaera spawned wyrms with the arcane head.

please don't say atramedes was an amazing fight too. that is the worst encounter they've EVER released. it's hard even calling it a boss considering for the first month and a half you could spawn infinite gongs and turn the boss in to a training dummy, and get away with it because practically every single guild did it for a kill, that or the stupid LoS tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    well not in mop, it was whore vengeance top the dps.
    Oh how I miss MoP Brewmaster tanking...

Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Netherspite, Kalecgos, Iron Council, General Vezax, H Blood Prince Council, H Blood Queen Lana'Thel, H Sindragosa, H Ascendant Council, H Atramedes, H Hagara, H Stone Guard, H Imperial Vizior Zor'Lok, H Jin'Rohk, H Megaera, M Gruul and M Hans'Gar and Franzok are all really good fights that don't feature adds
    ^ this there are tons of fights without adds that were great today i feel like every boss needs adds to be "interessting" to me its boring as fuck i'd rather master machanics then add priority
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}