Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Priority 1: Move south. You have to be a decent survivalist to live as far north as I am with absolutely no electricity, and while people have done it for centuries/millenia, I am no survivalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make ridiculous amounts of money running around doing things for the aged populace that I live near. I love running around in freezing weather, and its going to be frigid for a while longer. There would be next to no one else available for so many of these people, so supply+DEMAND=BANK.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2015-02-24 at 01:46 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Meh - I live in the boonies already! The majority of our winter heating comes from the basement woodstove, and the main floor fireplace, so heat would be no problem. I live far enough in the north that storage wouldn't be an issue (unless of course, it happened in the summer) Anything perishable could just go in the garage (unheated). If NO electricity means no generator too, then I might as well disconnect the solar panels and use them to make sure I have enough battery power for lighting. It would of course, be kind of boring in the winter - but easily survivable.

The summer would be more of a challenge!

I would have enough sleep for once, without all the electronic distractions of modern urban life!

That said, most of my time would still be spent at the office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Wonder how I can handle being without my waifu for a whole month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a long ass vacation.

I would get a bunch of books to read.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire up my wood stove and relax, read a book.

I would have alot of sex.

Hunt and fish for food, cook on a fire, only really need to bathe once a week as I assume nobody is going to work during this month. I have a washing machine that requires no power so cleaning clothes isn't a problem.

I'd love it, could catch up on my reading i haven't done for ages,

I'd probably read a lot.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read a lot of books until I froze to death? Its like below 0 out right now where I live I believe.

Play WoW in my head.
    Gotta keep them reflexes.

I live in Texas and own a generator. So life would be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

I'd turn on my computer and Google "what to do when you have no power".

Oh... wait... crap...
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    siphon the souls of the dead and become a powerful necromancer

I would go to into my "lab" take a few parts and build a generator of some sort, if neccessary turn one of my old motors into a shitty one... or just buy one, since I might be able to build a generator but I probably would have to power it by hand since I don't have an engine lying around and I doubt I could get a proper windmill up and running...

I already had the questionable pleasure to lose power a couple of times in recent years. Never happened in the 25 years before, but now it happened 8 times in 3 years with blackouts taking between 30 min to almost 2 days. At some point I was already thinking of buying a little generator, just to keep the fridge operational in case of emergency. I would love to get a solar panels on my roof, but shading and the terrible condition of my roof (or wjhat is below it) make that economically unviable atm. :/
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2015-02-24 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Spelling +Info

When we moved from NY to Chicago our house did not have the water or power service turned on yet. Water and power were set to be turned on THREE DAYS after we had arrived. Originally we were supposed to get to Chicago 2 days later, but for various reasons we got here a few days ahead of schedule. This was my husband's fault as I told him it was a terrible idea to get here too early but he decided for whothefuckknowswhy reason that getting to Chicago early was a great idea. Our furniture was to arrive FIVE DAYS later from when we actually got there.

It was all a disaster.

I broke down crying, screamed I wanted to go back to the "real world", I may have also said "fuck this hellhole" or something similar. I basically spent two days of that nightmare crying and sleeping over my sister's house like 12 miles away from the house we just bought. Super miserable.

I can not live without working indoor plumbing, electricity, the internet and working hot shower.

Fully admit that I am spoiled and lazy American used to large houses, abundant food, giant refrigerators and huge SUVs to haul my ass around. I just can't deal otherwise.

Unacceptable.