My new follower strategy: Level 2x Epic Mount at a time

Phase 1: Get follower #1 with Epic Mount on Monday (select a race and/or counter that fits needs as much as possible)
    Phase 2: Get follower #2 with Epic Mount on Tuesday (see above)
    Phase 3: ???*
    Phase 4: Profit!

*This phase happens really fast

Anyone who played the PTR care to share if the "gold" trait is worth it if you have a level 3 inn? I got so many epic mounts and scavengers and epic mount/scavengers it is getting ridiculous. And I'm already at 100% for the BRF missions. Is the gold trait the new sexy?

Honestly aside from maybe rerolling a couple of followers till they have Magic Debuff-Group Damage/triple-racial, I can't imagine there's any reason to do anything other than MOAR MOAR MOAR Epic Mounts. But then again I actively ignore doing things that would make me gold, because, CBA, because, I have gold.

Deleted
    Not sure what the point is. Epic mount is a small convenience but not super. If you only log a couple of times a day it doesn't matter, only legendary item missions are >10 hours afaik. If you check every hour or so starting in the morning you'll end up with no missions available by night time anyway in my experience. It's just an extra that may be convenient but I'll be stacking scavenger + treasure hunters on all chars for max gold making. Most already have proc'ed 1-3 epic mounts anyway, I really can't see myself recruit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrug View Post
    Phase 1: Get follower #1 with Epic Mount on Monday (select a race and/or counter that fits needs as much as possible)
    Phase 2: Get follower #2 with Epic Mount on Tuesday (see above)
    How is this supposed to work? I'm under the impression you can only recruit one follower a week from the inn, I've never seen it reset on Monday and Tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    How is this supposed to work? I'm under the impression you can only recruit one follower a week from the inn, I've never seen it reset on Monday and Tuesday.
    AFAIK it works like dungeon resets, you can recruit a follower before maintenance and recruit a new follower the next morning.
    But monday and tuesday? Isn't maintenance usually wednesday night/morning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

I recruited a couple with epic mount, but given I only log in after work, there's not really much point. Scavenger was pretty handy, although it's being nerfed tomorrow.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

There is only a limited amount of resource/gold missions that spawn. Why use epic mounts when you can easily complete all interesting missions anyway, even without them? They run over night, I don't care whether it takes 10 hours or 2.5, they will be done the next morning anyway.
    As long as epic mounts only reduce completion time and not respawn time of interesting missions I'd say they are pretty pointless. Scavenger (even after the well deserved nerf) and gold reward increase on the other hand, that's awesome!

Epic mount can be important to get your followers out of one mission (particularly the legendary missions), and back into other gold/resource/gear missions faster. I generally check a few times a day, but I know not everyone has that luxury - epic mount has helped me quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderland View Post
    Epic mount can be important to get your followers out of one mission (particularly the legendary missions), and back into other gold/resource/gear missions faster. I generally check a few times a day, but I know not everyone has that luxury - epic mount has helped me quite a bit.
    Pretty much exactly what the epic mount should be used for in my opinion. Not to get blazing fast 12/24 hour missions, but to help speed up missions WITH the right follower traits on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Isn't maintenance usually wednesday night/morning?
    For the US it's pretty much always Tuesday morning.

About the 2 followers thing, a lot of people do this-build the inn on Monday and recruit a follower, recruit another follower Tuesday morning after maintenance/reset, then replace the Inn with a diff building the remainder of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    N America resets on Tuesday, so their Inn resets on Tuesday.

Also, this is such a waste. So you are gonna sit in your garrison for 6 days and not recruiting a follower just to level two at the same time with 2x epic mount.

What i Do is i pop my new follower into a level 100 10k-15k exp mission and they are 92 after that.
    The hard part is to get them from green to epic anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukvit View Post
    N America resets on Tuesday, so their Inn resets on Tuesday.

Also, this is such a waste. So you are gonna sit in your garrison for 6 days and not recruiting a follower just to level two at the same time with 2x epic mount.

What i Do is i pop my new follower into a level 100 10k-15k exp mission and they are 92 after that.
    The hard part is to get them from green to epic anyways.
    The idea is to use the inn or tavern on two consecutive days (Monday before reset/Tuesday after reset), and use a barn/trading post/other combo the other 12 days until the next Monday before reset. You still recruit every week, and yes you do delay recruitment by 6 days, but it's not for a silly reason, it's because you want to have a building other than the inn/tavern.