15+ Year Old Account

[Frost] Nerf to MI - so, what now?

Title says it all. Question is, what now? Are we being "forced" into RoP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairesha View Post
    Title says it all. Question is, what now? Are we being "forced" into RoP?
    Short answer : No.

Long(er) answer : IF is barely behind RoP if used optimally, on mythic all Fights have some movement, except Maybe gruul. Stick with IF if u Want too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Incanters Flow - I got real trouble "aiming" that thing with my strongest spells. Any advice? And the question then also appears - MI vs IF?

(thanks for the answer so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Short answer : No.

Long(er) answer : IF is barely behind RoP if used optimally, on mythic all Fights have some movement, except Maybe gruul. Stick with IF if u Want too.
    IF adds a large amount of rng into a spec that can be controlled and planned out well. I do agree if you are not comfortable with a fight and where/when you will be on the more then RoP is a shit talent choice for you. Too me going with IF just because is like people using equip trinkets over use ones just because it is easier.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Fbomb_RoP_PC 45734
    Fbomb_IF_PC 44779

Rune of Power is simming ~955 dps higher than the next non RoP choice.

You don't have to control that much when you use IF, one fun thing is that if you use CmS (which is getting buffed) on 5 stacks it will always be back up again on 5 stacks too.

I also think CmS might be a decent alternative to PC now on single target, especially if you aren't comfortable with using PC since CmS is MUCH easier to use outside of the above interaction.

If anyone could chime in on the above please do, I'm not entirely sure if it's true because I haven't recently compared sims with 6.1 CmS, but I remember seeing it was relatively close.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2015-02-25 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    You don't have to control that much when you use IF, one fun thing is that if you use CmS (which is getting buffed) on 5 stacks it will always be back up again on 5 stacks too.

I also think CmS might be a decent alternative to PC now on single target, especially if you aren't comfortable with using PC since CmS is MUCH easier to use outside of the above interaction.

If anyone could chime in on the above please do, I'm not entirely sure if it's true because I haven't recently compared sims with 6.1 CmS, but I remember seeing it was relatively close.
    Got it from the 6.1 frost sticky mate

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Fbomb_RoP_PC 45734
    Fbomb_IF_PC 44779

Rune of Power is simming ~955 dps higher than the next non RoP choice.
    Yes, assuming that you stand in your rune at all times, which literally never happens in any fight at all. So the difference is less than that

If you get lucky on flambender and gruul, you can almost completely cover your movement with 2 runes.

Deleted
    IF doesn't add any complexity or RNG to frost; the gains from banking procs for high IF stacks are offset by the fact that by banking you will munch BF/FoF charges, making it not worth it. You can cast CmS now at 5 stacks and have it come off cooldown every time IF is back at 5stacks, but that's about it.

None is forcing you to go RoP, although you probably should use it on Gruul at least.