6.0 Thread here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...er-Spreadsheet

Updated for 6.1:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2141555926

Tiger Strikes changes updated
    RSK Debuff Buff added
    Hurricane Strikes buff added

Rev 1 Changes:
    Added Chi per Chex cell (C16), where you can control on average how much Chi is spent per Chi Explosion. Useful for calculating break even for Serenity comparison.
    Adjusted armor DR to agree with in game observed values.
    Tiger Palm Coefficient changed.

Thank you for your work.

I must say, i'm surprised that Chi Ex does more single target dps than serenity. (And significantly so. That would leave nowhere to actually use serenity for, since chi ex obviously beats it on cleave / multi target encounters)
    Would that apply to most monks in actual raids? Does your spreadsheet assume, for example, that serenity is used while stacking with on-use trinket or procs and potion(s) for example?

By default I model Serenity as being 90% effective, just because it's not something you use immediately when it comes off CD.

Chi Explosion is modeled as always using 3 Chi, so that it always generates the bonus TEB. So yes, if you were always able to use Chex at 3 Chi, it is a better talent than Serenity. Your mileage may vary though.

Personally I use Chi Explosion on single target encounters, because I feel it's a more versatile talent in that it yields more TEB to work with for trinket procs, tiger strikes, and other periods of short term benefit. I end up generating a lot of TEB that I then pair up with other heavy hitting abilities like Chex, and it ends up being a cycle that perpetuates itself pretty effectively.

Deleted
    Sorry but i'm not sure for the priority stats on my gear,
    simcraft ( 6.1 ) , your spreadsheet and the topic ww says differents things.

Simcraft ===> Haste > Multi > Crit > Vers > Mastery
    Spreadsheet ===> Multi > Haste >= Vers > Crit > Mastery
    Topic Sticky: Fury of Draenor: Get Started in Windwalker PvE ===> Multi > Vers > Haste > Crit > Mastery

So for one target, which way is the best?

My stats :

Agi 4644
    Multi 1023
    Vers 377
    Crit 855
    Haste 879
    Mastery 574

Trinkets : Scales of Doom + Beating Heart of the Mountain

Thx for your help !

Quote Originally Posted by Spamolol View Post
    So for one target, which way is the best?
    1) Abandon all hope.

2) Use your best judgement.

really, chi ex above serenity ?

that's quite a change to my wishlist

can the other TC guys confirm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    really, chi ex above serenity ?

that's quite a change to my wishlist

can the other TC guys confirm ?
    Honestly it is likely going to come down to whatever you can play more comfortably and effectively. Like brotund, I find chi explosion more versatile and easy to use than serenity in hectic encounters. Some people probably feel the other way around and will play serenity better, but they are competitive with each other

What exactly is that single target you model for? In absolutely no circumstances would you do more damage with ChiEx on Butcher for example than you would with Serenity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    1) Abandon all hope.

2) Use your best judgement.
    Hmm ... I come here in the hope you could help me, otherwise I would not be here ...
    Why do not you help me on this?
    Please i need answers if possible...because i'm sur you can tell me priority stat on single target :/

Quote Originally Posted by Spamolol View Post
    Hmm ... I come here in the hope you could help me, otherwise I would not be here ...
    Why do not you help me on this?
    Please i need answers if possible...because i'm sur you can tell me priority stat on single target :/
    Their's a reason people develop tools like Simulation Craft so you can see for yourself in your own gear and adjust the setting to mimic your play style as close as possible to reality... You can't say X > Y in a lot of cases because of how gear is now, serenity vs ChiX, Ascension vs ChiBrew and the list goes on..

The best answer anyone will give you is the one you don't want to hear: Simulate your own character.

If you are not willing to do so, just take whatever answer makes you happier in any of the million of guides you'll find online and go with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibô View Post
    Their's a reason people develop tools like Simulation Craft so you can see for yourself in your own gear and adjust the setting to mimic your play style as close as possible to reality... You can't say X > Y in a lot of cases because of how gear is now, serenity vs ChiX, Ascension vs ChiBrew and the list goes on..

The best answer anyone will give you is the one you don't want to hear: Simulate your own character.

If you are not willing to do so, just take whatever answer makes you happier in any of the million of guides you'll find online and go with it.
    Hum, it's my own simcraft and my own stats in the spreadsheet, i had put result and it's a strange result, that is why i ask help and put my results

Deleted
    Seeing there's an option to make it try to line up FoF and TeB/Tiger strikes, does it do the same with hurricane strike and TeB/Tiger strikes?

Versatility above Multistrike for Ascension/ChiEx?

I would assume chi ex sims better because of his massive amount of haste. For anyone else though they'd have to sim their own character. It is cool to see that it can be viable though

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Forgive me if this is an ignorant question... I simply just don't know. How do you write a spreadsheet like that? It's gigantic! I wouldn't even know where to begin writing all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    By default I model Serenity as being 90% effective, just because it's not something you use immediately when it comes off CD.

Chi Explosion is modeled as always using 3 Chi, so that it always generates the bonus TEB. So yes, if you were always able to use Chex at 3 Chi, it is a better talent than Serenity. Your mileage may vary though.

Personally I use Chi Explosion on single target encounters, because I feel it's a more versatile talent in that it yields more TEB to work with for trinket procs, tiger strikes, and other periods of short term benefit. I end up generating a lot of TEB that I then pair up with other heavy hitting abilities like Chex, and it ends up being a cycle that perpetuates itself pretty effectively.
    How do you always use chi Explosion at 3 chi? do you use tiger palm every time you have 4 chi? do you have any videos of your gameplay/rotation, that would be very helpful

Very nice spreadsheet anyways, but it seems there is a problem with weapon dps switching between 2hander and 1hander. I drop a couple of thousand dps from going from 2x 685 onehanders to 1x 680 2hander, while it says in your other tab the difference should put the 2hander marginally above the 1 handers.

Quote Originally Posted by Troejg View Post
    I drop a couple of thousand dps from going from 2x 685 onehanders to 1x 680 2hander, while it says in your other tab the difference should put the 2hander marginally above the 1 handers.
    I'll take a look. Weapon damage has a bigger impact on your DPS with the Serenity or Hurricane Strike talents compared to Chi Explosion.

You also lose significant Tiger Strikes uptime with DW, due to misses no longer proccing Tiger Strikes, or this translates to about 5% less multistrike on average at your gear level. I still need to test this in game, but it seems this way given how the hotfix was communicated.

I'm seeing the same thing, and it seems to be driven by the Tiger Strikes changes.

Hey Brotund - First, thanks for your work on this spreadsheet. It's a great resource.

I've followed your sims and what others have stated in terms of stat weights, top specs, etc and there seems to be a pretty big discrepancy. For example, the Spreadsheet puts Ascension/ChiX at the top single target spec and Ascension/Serenity 2nd with the 4pc active. I would absolutely love to use Asc/ChiX 100% of the time, but I just can't get it to come close to Chi Brew/Serenity. I've re-enchanted/gemmed multiple times trying to test this.

What are your thoughts on why the discrepancy exists between your Spreadsheet vs. other sims out there/what most top monks are using in Mythic progression?

I'm sure you've answered this a hundred times, but I've spent thousands of gold in re-enchanting/gems based on your spreadsheet and I'd love to get to the bottom of it.
    Last edited by Ysho; 2015-03-02 at 07:53 PM.

The discrepancy is probably due to the difference between an analytical model and a stochastic model like simcraft. Hard to know which one is right. The best way to measure the difference would be in game on a dummy (there is one in ironforge with no nearby targets). I'm also observing a higher physical damage reduction in game due to armor (by about 6%), than the formula that blizzard is giving, so that makes my model favor chi explosion more than serenity.

Ultimately it's personal preference.

how u get always 3 chi, by spaming tiger palm for get it 3?