Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Many people consider aethistics to be an important part of their game experience. You might be ok with your character even looking like a cube, many arent. And with pstch 6.1 shoving the selfie as patch content down our throats i find it ridiculous that my main + my warrior alt cant even use the said content because the expressions just break my models face entirely.
    See, this is how I see things, you're being over the top about a non-issue.
    You CAN use the content, you just don't get the most out of it.
    Boohoo, you don't get the most out of a stupid non-patch selfie update that the entire playerbase is actively ripping on.
    If you prioritize aesthetic over playable content, raids, dungeons, instances, zones, I don't want you having a say on what Blizz prioritizes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vharellius View Post
    See, this is how I see things, you're being over the top about a non-issue.
    You CAN use the content, you just don't get the most out of it.
    Boohoo, you don't get the most out of a stupid non-patch selfie update that the entire playerbase is actively ripping on.
    If you prioritize aesthetic over playable content, raids, dungeons, instances, zones, I don't want you having a say on what Blizz prioritizes.
    the team working on characters + animation is different from the team that does raid/what you consider content. or maybe you're too short sighted to think that working on playable characters is ACTUALLY going to cost you a raid tier?do you think the art department is a 5x5m room with only 4 people working in it?

yes, most of the players are ripping on the seflie cam being "a major" part of the 6.1 content, and I'm not happy about that either, neither am i happy about the twitter integration. I'm not prioritizing it, because it's stupid to think it's taxing enough for the art department at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I forgot new models are in the game. I. Never. See. Them.
    That's because:

1.) The new models weren't a particularly significant upgrade.
    2.) They're always draped in ancient armor geometry, so what was the point anyway? New Tier 17 robe! Same as the Tier 1 robe (and every robe in the fucking game) but with a HOT NEW TEXTURE!

Deleted
    the team working on characters + animation is different from the team that does raid/what you consider content. or maybe you're too short sighted to think that working on playable characters is ACTUALLY going to cost you a raid tier?do you think the art department is a 5x5m room with only 4 people working in it?

yes, most of the players are ripping on the seflie cam being "a major" part of the 6.1 content, and I'm not happy about that either, neither am i happy about the twitter integration. I'm not prioritizing it, because it's stupid to think it's taxing enough for the art department at this stage.
    Do you think that they don't prioritize projects and that every team has perfect communication with one-another?
    That putting emphasis on one project doesn't cost others?
    Kids these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you think that they don't prioritize projects and that every team has perfect communication with one-another?
    That putting emphasis on one project doesn't cost others?
    Kids these days.
    the concept art team + 3d modelors + animation team gets reassigned to other departments / projects should need rises. Alwhat your describing is a problem that plagues companies with lack of manpower. Something that evidently does not concern blizzard (they've increased their wow developer team prior to WoD when titan got scrapped.) And im a 24 year old concept artist. Throwing shitty one liners does not make you look cool.

Deleted
    the concept art team + 3d modelors + animation team gets reassigned to other departments / projects should need rises. Alwhat your describing is a problem that plagues companies with lack of manpower. Something that evidently does not concern blizzard (they've increased their wow developer team prior to WoD when titan got scrapped.) And im a 24 year old concept artist. Throwing shitty one liners does not make you look cool.
    I'm a 25 year old concept artist and my dad is Nintendo.

15+ Year Old Account
    arguing like a true mature person. im done with you, have fun playing mario smash bros on your dad .

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblins are fine, and male worgen arguably are as well. Its female worgen that suck eggs.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    arguing like a true mature person. im done with you, have fun playing mario smash bros on your dad .
    SSB is GOAT though

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, and I'm PR for the Dalai Lama.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    SSB is GOAT though
    dunno i played it on NES.

EDIT : checked it, it was super mario bros. my mistake, heck it was a long time ago.

Sad how this happens in so many threads...

Somebody: Hey, I care about this thing! Whattaya say, Blizz?
    Some rude person: I don't! Only the things I care about are important! Blizz shouldn't waste their time!

Like, I don't play Arenas. Never touched em. Don't care. However, if somebody goes pointing out issues with Arena gameplay or whatever goes on over there I'm not going to jump in with "Only PvE and storyline matters, who cares, stop wasting everybody's time and energy gawd". Why? Because I know it matters to other players who actually pay attention to and enjoy Arena. This is basic common decency 101. There's tons of ways to enjoy the game and that's a GOOD thing. Yeash.

That all being said, I love my goblin and I love WoW's aesthetics from the models and transmog to the environments. My goblin's still adorable and will forever be my main but she could definitely use an upgrade compared to my alts. As we've been saying, the S.E.L.F.I.E. cam really underlines the difference (not to mention exists to playfully show off the art team's work) and I'd love to see her as expressive as the rest of the new models! Female worgen are in worse shape, yeah, but all the Cata models would benefit from added facial rigging at the very least so they don't look so dead inside next to everybody else.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that both races should get updated. I'm not saying they look bad/good, but as it stands they are the only outdated races left. Get all the character models on the same playing field.

15+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Also, I will point out I NEVER said it wasn't a gaping maw, it is, I said it wasn't SUCH a gaping maw it should be prioritized over playable content.
    And, as you can tell, I much prefer having that than cosmetics, so for it to be a wide enough graphical gap that I concede that it should be prioritized over content it'd basically have to be two polygons rubbing up together.
    Here's the thing: it wouldn't be. The artists are not the same ones who work on programming new raids and quests and stuff. About the only thing that would suffer are the aesthetics of a new raid. You'd get new worgen and goblins, but have recycled boss models for one tier, even though the fights themselves would be 100% new.

I could deal with that.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Here's the thing: it wouldn't be. The artists are not the same ones who work on programming new raids and quests and stuff. About the only thing that would suffer are the aesthetics of a new raid. You'd get new worgen and goblins, but have recycled boss models for one tier, even though the fights themselves would be 100% new.

I could deal with that.
    Even better, make half of those bosses worgen/goblins like they did with BRF and it's a win-win!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that both races should get updated. I'm not saying they look bad/good, but as it stands they are the only outdated races left. Get all the character models on the same playing field.
    In that case, pandaren need an update, too. Yes, pandaren. Why? Because this is pandaren female customization:

Yeah, all of the new WOD faces don't change eye shape, but literally nothing changes on female pandaren except markings. Not nose, not lips, nothing. Even female worgen gets slightly different noses and muddy eye color changes per face. Female pandaren eye color is tied to skin color last I checked.

Pandaren are still stuck on the older "same mesh" tech. They need to have changeable mesh. And I really think Blizz ought to use this as an opportunity to make it so we can change face mesh independent of face skin, but that's neither here nor there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Even better, make half of those bosses worgen/goblins like they did with BRF and it's a win-win!
    I like the way you think, hire this person! :P

Sig by Isilrien

In that case, pandaren need an update, too. Yes, pandaren. Why? Because this is pandaren female customization:

Yeah, all of the new WOD faces don't change eye shape, but literally nothing changes on female pandaren except markings. Not nose, not lips, nothing. Even female worgen gets slightly different noses and muddy eye color changes per face. Female pandaren eye color is tied to skin color last I checked.

Pandaren are still stuck on the older "same mesh" tech. They need to have changeable mesh.

Yes, they need more faces. And while bigger / smaller noses and so on would be greatly welcomed, the facial rigging could be the biggest factor here, in my opinion. Pandaren can do soooo many great looking facial emotes. They are at least up to par to the WoD models in that regard.

10/10, would immediately and with great pleasure take as idle face. She looks cool, calm and collected, and a little bit careful. So much better than the :3 smile, for a "serious" character.

Make a slightly angry, feisty version, and a sad, melancholic version, and so on. Then allow us to choose eye color independently from the facial markings, cause that's bugged me for a long while -- can't get my favorite markings with an eye color that I like. And voilá, Pandaren now have pretty good facial customization.

And I really think Blizz ought to use this as an opportunity to make it so we can change face mesh independent of face skin, but that's neither here nor there.

It is certainly "here", when "here" means "my hopes and dreams"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Yes, they need more faces. And while bigger / smaller noses and so on would be greatly welcomed, the facial rigging could be the biggest factor here, in my opinion. Pandaren can do soooo many great looking facial emotes. They are at least up to par to the WoD models in that regard.

10/10, would immediately and with great pleasure take as idle face. She looks cool, calm and collected, and a little bit careful. So much better than the :3 smile, for a "serious" character.

Make a slightly angry, feisty version, and a sad, melancholic version, and so on. Then allow us to choose eye color independently from the facial markings, cause that's bugged me for a long while -- can't get my favorite markings with an eye color that I like. And voilá, Pandaren now have pretty good facial customization.
    Wholeheartedly agree. Now that all the WOD models use unique facial meshes for each face, pandaren are the ones who are behind. Especially the female. At least the males have a few different noses, lips, and brow. Female have none of these.

Worgen and goblin need to be completely redone, like all the Classic models were.

Pandaren need some touching up; the females need some tweaks to their skins to give them more variety and they both need to be tweaked to have unique meshes for each face.

Sig by Isilrien