Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Dungeon Landscape changes WITH ZERO WARNING

The landscapes have been changed in somedungeons. Everbloom for example. There are no more shortcuts. This completely changes how CM's are done, and also affects the currect records. NO ONE will beat any of the records for realm best due to this change.

There was no warning, ZERO notes in the patch notes. It would have been nice to at least have a warning of this change since it HUGELY impacts how CM's are done.

I am not sure what other dungeons are affected, but Ill updater this thread with any new ones I find.

seriously frustrated about this.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Very strange that they wouldn't mention this..

Quote Originally Posted by Saga1234 View Post
    Very strange that they wouldn't mention this..
    Yea, you would think this is something fairly important to let the community know since it is going to affect rankings, strat, existing guides, times.

Granted I understand that they are not fond of people going around shit, but this is something that should have been conveyed ahead, far ahead of time but I have searched up and down and have found no mention of these changes.

It is my opinion that important changes should be conveyed before they are implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    welcome to the world

we can't have nice things because people have to act like shitheads. it really amazes me how they manage to underestimate how abusive players in the game's community are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    welcome to the world

we can't have nice things because people have to act like shitheads. it really amazes me how they manage to underestimate how abusive players in the game's community are.
    What are you talking about?

Deleted
    welcome to the world

act like shitheads? how? abusive players? who?

Welcome to World of "If it isn't raids we don't care unless you cheat, then we ban you unless you cheated in a raid".

But seriously, that is a pretty big change to have be an undocumented change.

10+ Year Old Account
    everbloom's landscape was changed because of impatient players votekicking others who would or could not get on the ledge

or did you mean blizzard's ineptitude in measuring the behavior of their players and their ability to create work for themselves where there should have been none?

I knew as soon as I saw the shortcuts and skipping of bosses the dungeon would just be another Halls of Origination. I'm kind of surprised they did anything to change it though.

Deleted
    everbloom's landscape was changed because of impatient players votekicking others who would or could not get on the ledge
    You don't know that. Nothing has been said on Blizzards end.

Deleted

or did you mean blizzard's ineptitude in measuring the behavior of their players and their ability to create work for themselves where there should have been none?

I knew as soon as I saw the shortcuts and skipping of bosses the dungeon would just be another Halls of Origination. I'm kind of surprised they did anything to change it though.
    Never been votekicked because of this and never seen anyone getting votekicked because of it. Usually people will get on a two-passenger mount and wait for you to get on that mount and help you that way. If you can't even click on that mount, maybe you should be voted out.

Still not convinced that this is why they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh no, my exploits got patched, I'd better post a rage thread about it.
    Not an exploit. People have been ledge hopping since the beginning of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh no, my exploits got patched, I'd better post a rage thread about it.
    i think the bigger point is that this change went completely undocumented and no warning, that is what i find frustrating.

What about the start of Skyreach? Can you still jump from the lamp and glider across? (Or leap etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    Not an exploit. People have been ledge hopping since the beginning of time.
    Exploit is basically unintended behaviour. If Blizz changed it we can assume it was unintended therefore an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomlol View Post
    What about the start of Skyreach? Can you still jump from the lamp and glider across? (Or leap etc)
    We checked and they fixed this as well. You cannot jump the wall anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    How are shortcuts exploits? Just less linear advancing. Makes things more interesting if there's more freedom in dungs.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

He wanted : "Get your CM times fast because we won't be allowing terrain skippage at 6.1!"

sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    He wanted : "Get your CM times fast because we won't be allowing terrain skippage at 6.1!"

sigh.
    What exactly would be wrong with that?

"In 6.1 we will be making further refinements to dungeons, including fixing issues in the level design which previously led to unintended routes or pathways."

If they had simply included that, people could have "got their cm times fast" if they wanted to (which is completely fair).

But more to the point, there are plenty of patch changes which Blizzard notifies people of which don't precipitate some action the person in question has to or wants to under take prior to the change commencing.

In no way does he have to justify knowing this information in advance, the expectation is that patch notes are notes which encompass what happens in the patch (including bug fixes) so the onus is on Blizzard to justify not putting this in, not on him to justify why he wanted it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    i think the bigger point is that this change went completely undocumented and no warning, that is what i find frustrating.
    because, like, you know blizzard needs to tell the player every little change they make in the coding of the game, because like challenge modes are the central purpose of the whole game dude.

NOT
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I got sick and tired of this behavior in Everbloom, to the point where I stopped starting new characters on the Legendary quest line.

You would think it would be fine for overgeared characters to just wade forward and kill a few mobs, because, killing is fun.