Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If the skipping was unintended all times achieved with skipping should be removed. How else can people compete on the leaderboards?

Oh good, another reason not to do heroics anymore. They're already slow and the rewards lost their value after a week. Mob skipping was the only way to them worth my time. Now that's gone

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    How are shortcuts exploits? Just less linear advancing. Makes things more interesting if there's more freedom in dungs.
    I would argue that calling the shortcut in everbloom an "exploit" is probably not correct. Same with platform jumping in Skyreach. I think it's a little different than cases like Old Kingdom, were you could slip behind the barrier and walk all the way to the last boss. Calling it an exploit implies players who used it were cheating, and I have a hard time justifying that.

In any case, Blizzard obviously had a design goal in mind when the built the dungeons and those shortcuts were not part of it, so they blocked the shortcut.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Deleted
    this change is fine. if you can't beat the cm leaderboards just because of this then you just need to learn how to play a bit better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    In any case, Blizzard obviously had a design goal in mind when the built the dungeons and those shortcuts were not part of it, so they blocked the shortcut.
    A warning beforehand would still have been warranted. This isn't that big of a problem in normal Heroics (annoying, for sure), but this is a definite nerf for CM's.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    People doing random dungeons are of varying skill levels. The people you see doing less DPS than Hunter pets aren't the most gifted of people. Those hills are their Everest.
    If I was in a hurry in a random heroic, that would be one thing.

But I'm never in a hurry in a random heroic, and I prefer to wade forth and kill things like a hero, rather than slink around the corners and over the rocks like a weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTclassed View Post
    Oh good, another reason not to do heroics anymore. They're already slow and the rewards lost their value after a week. Mob skipping was the only way to them worth my time. Now that's gone
    Bye.

Well thought, Blizzard. Ladders remain the way they are and now people who want to go for best times can't do so anymore because well, you can't compete with people who used "shortcuts" and whatnot before they got patched.

"I can't beat realm best, i need to make rage thread on mmo-champion" Looks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    because, like, you know blizzard needs to tell the player every little change they make in the coding of the game, because like challenge modes are the central purpose of the whole game dude.

NOT
    "I don't play CMs because they're too hard so this change doesn't bother me."

On the other hand, I'm sure you'd be very upset about stealth nerfs to whatever you do.

Anyone who DOESN'T think Blizzard should've told us about this in advance is like the quoted poster above. No exceptions.

Makes zero sense. As I said like last time Everbloom shortcuts were brought up, if you want to change it in hc:s and normals then fine, I don't care. Make a different dungeon for the CM version. No one will be able to beat good realm bests in Everbloom without any major class buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What would you have done with "warning", exactly?
    Started complaining a lot sooner I would think. He's got a point though with content that is timed and ranked. It should either be left alone or they should reset everything. Preferably left alone. Announcing it in advance is completely beside the point.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, so they finally fixed the annoying skipping in Everbloom?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion they will reverse it if people don´t like it, just as always do when we complain about this sort of stuff. Well, "always".

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    mobs in an instance in an mmorpg are a waste of time now? Maybe play another game?
    Because I enjoy doing other things in the game but want the quick rewards from a heroic dungeon, but don't want to be in there for 12 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    this change is fine. if you can't beat the cm leaderboards just because of this then you just need to learn how to play a bit better.
    LOL.

9 minute time with no skips for US best. okay bud.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    a can think of more pressing issues than this TINY subject in 6.1 patch that i find worhty of beeing angry about. say.... How about lack of content.

sorry but new stuff in the garrisons doesnt count as new content in my view.

each to thier owne

Despite the whining, I have to point out that OP has a legitamate point about the difference between this season of CMs and last season.

Current CMs are already ruined because of the blood boil change on Blood DKs. They were the absolute tank of choice for all of the early record breakers because of the phenomenal DPS. I was completely shocked when they changed on live AND in CMs.

Remember when Vengeance changed in Mists? They reduced the attack power component and even went further by nuking Brewmasters with a 25% damage debuff. BUT they did not apply those changes to CMs. Ditto for that one gate in Siege where there's the RP with the guy setting bombs. On live you could not bypass that but in CMs you could get on a multi-person mount and hop through the door.

So this new policy of not treating CMs as locked through the expansion is definitely new and I frankly disapprove unless they want to do through all the trouble of resetting leaderboards and leaving current winners with Legacy achievements.

It doesn't make a bit of sense why the message in Mists were "CMs stay the same the entire expansion" and now "CMs can change drastically based on the needs of the Live game"

Pfff, and people complaining that 6.1 has no content!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    dungs.
    Anyone else think of poop when people use this shortcut to mean "dungeons"?
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Why are you proud of wasting people's time?
    If people think they're wasting their time killing pixel monsters they're playing the wrong game.

I've been pleasantly surprised for the most part by my experiences in Everbloom. when people have struggled to make the shortcut I've seen more swapblasters, leaps of faith and passenger mounts used to help them than I have complaints and insults. when people (including myself) have needed to kill extra trash for the overgrown artifact quest I've only once seen anyone complain about the extra work. that being said, I'm definitely not surprised to see Blizzard remove the shortcuts

the point about challenge mode times though is a good one. while the skipped trash isn't difficult it is certainly time consuming and is going to make a very noticeable change to the records