Thread: WW opener

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WW opener

I just started playing Windwalker from just healing before and I am unsure on how i open fights with or without bloodlust.
    Any help is apprecciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Crancher View Post
    I just started playing Windwalker from just healing before and I am unsure on how i open fights with or without bloodlust.
    Any help is apprecciated.
    Depends on your trinkets, but a decent opener, assuming chi brew and serenity, is starting the fight with 5 chi (4 expel harm casts before pull).

1. Prepot
    2. Tiger Palm
    3. Rising Sun Kick
    4. Click Trinket, double Chi Brew
    5. Tigereye Brew Fist of Fury
    6. Jab
    7. Serenity
    8. Blackout Kick for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Henesys View Post
    Depends on your trinkets, but a decent opener, assuming chi brew and serenity, is starting the fight with 5 chi (4 expel harm casts before pull).

1. Prepot
    2. Tiger Palm
    3. Rising Sun Kick
    4. Click Trinket, double Chi Brew
    5. Tigereye Brew Fist of Fury
    6. Jab
    7. Serenity
    8. Blackout Kick for days.
    I prefer
    -Pre pot
    -TP
    -RSK
    -Chi brew x2
    -Serenity
    -FoF right after you come out of Serenity

Its more important to have trinket/ring procs, TEB and potion up for serenity than FoF.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhalien View Post
    I prefer
    -Pre pot
    -TP
    -RSK
    -Chi brew x2
    -Serenity
    -FoF right after you come out of Serenity

Its more important to have trinket/ring procs, TEB and potion up for serenity than FoF.
    This is simply not correct. First, you didn't ise TEB in your rotation. Second, FoF is our hardest hitting ability so you don't want to miss out on casts, by delaying it the 10s of Serenity, you're more than likely throwing a cast out the window, and you're prolonging your energy cap by several more seconds. During the fight you should never use Serenity of FoF has a little left on its CD then use FoF > Jab > Serenity

Start with at least 5 Chi > TP > RSK > CB > BoK > CB > TEB > FoF > Jab > Serenity > BoK spam is generally my opener.
    It spends 15GCD through it all, which will ensure that FoF and Serenity are covered under nearly all buffs and trinkets while giving as many stacks as you can get for FoF into Serenity
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    HI there,

doing much more like Babylonius and Henesys even i've already try the rotation with serenity first......
    Mine was like

Have absolutely 4-5 stack chi before fight with expel harm then
    1 - prepot
    2 - Zen Sphere(on me) + Xuen
    3 - TP
    4 - RSK
    5 - CBx2
    6 - BoK if proc and/or TEB
    7 - FoF
    8 - Jab + Zen Sphere(on Focus)
    9 - Serenity
    10 - Spam BoK

It's kind of a good burst to start as WW

As anyone have a good one in Ascension - ChiEx as i'm not very well with that spec ? thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyikomoine View Post

As anyone have a good one in Ascension - ChiEx as i'm not very well with that spec ? thanks
    Just cap at 6 chi before the pull and use CX as you run there, Jab > TP > RSK > Jab > Jab > FoF... so on

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    This is simply not correct. First, you didn't ise TEB in your rotation. Second, FoF is our hardest hitting ability so you don't want to miss out on casts, by delaying it the 10s of Serenity, you're more than likely throwing a cast out the window, and you're prolonging your energy cap by several more seconds. During the fight you should never use Serenity of FoF has a little left on its CD then use FoF > Jab > Serenity

Start with at least 5 Chi > TP > RSK > CB > BoK > CB > TEB > FoF > Jab > Serenity > BoK spam is generally my opener.
    It spends 15GCD through it all, which will ensure that FoF and Serenity are covered under nearly all buffs and trinkets while giving as many stacks as you can get for FoF into Serenity

Ah thanx, I didnt realise I left out TEB, completely zoned out when I typed, I would TEB right before Serenity. As for the me saying that serenity is a higher priority than FoF, I used both the WW guide on this sub forum (which does not mention FoF in the opener), and also the PSA a couple of weeks ago by Callimonk on TEB use as my guidelines for my opener (does not state that starting FoF is better or worse than Serenity). In the conclusion of the PSA however it does say to prioritise TEB for Serenity over FoF which I think can be interpreted as procs also being more important for Serenity than FoF.

Currently the WW guide by Callimonk on this forum has it listed as:
    Serenity Rotation

1. Enter the fight with at least 4 Chi (preferably with all 5 [6 if specced into Ascension]). This is two Expel Harms, and literally takes thirty seconds.
    2. Use Xuen if you are specced into him!
    3. Dump your initial Chi on your first Rising Sun Kick and Tiger Palm.
    4. Use your charges of Chi Brew - you should have 10 stacks of Tigereye Brew
    5. Pop your Tigereye Brew, pop Serenity, and spam the crap out of Blackout Kick. It's best to try to get 1-2 Rising Sun Kicks in, but in your opener, you want to have as much Tigereye Brew as possible for Serenity.

From the PSA also by Callimonk:
    Use it before your first Fists of Fury and Serenity, whichever order you tend to do these in.
    Last edited by Arhalien; 2015-02-28 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhalien View Post
    As for the me saying that serenity is a higher priority than FoF, I used both the WW guide on this sub forum (which does not mention FoF in the opener), and also the PSA a couple of weeks ago by Callimonk on TEB use as my guidelines for my opener (does not state that starting FoF is better or worse than Serenity). In the conclusion of the PSA however it does say to prioritise TEB for Serenity over FoF which I think can be interpreted as procs also being more important for Serenity than FoF
    Fair enough, I'll have to talk to Calli, since I'm pretty sure I've seen her say on the forums to use FoF before Serenity since it decreases the chance of a missed cast and cuts down on energy capped time.

Fair enough, I'll have to talk to Calli, since I'm pretty sure I've seen her say on the forums to use FoF before Serenity since it decreases the chance of a missed cast and cuts down on energy capped time.
    No worries, its just difficult to hear that you are flat out wrong when all I did was relay information with some interpretations from another Mods posts on this sub forum and trawling though literally hundreds of posts should not be required when there are stickied posts available. Although I did forget to add in TEB usage all of my own accord, and I definitely could have been more thorough in my opener, like mentioning Xuen as pyikomoine did.
    Last edited by Arhalien; 2015-02-28 at 07:35 PM.

Deleted
    Just cap at 6 chi before the pull and use CX as you run there, Jab > TP > RSK > Jab > Jab > FoF... so on
    Thank you very much

Deleted
    I altered my opening rotation spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

And for completion I also changed the Spreadsheet for ChiEx opener, eventhough it is of far lesser importance. With in mind that any openers value is fight length & fight mechanics dependant.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Both focus on Single Target opening.

Note this this opener will only work for a Blood Elf, but assuming you start with 5 chi, and running Chi Brew and Serenity; my opener goes as:

-TP
    -RSK
    -Arcane Torrent & On-use trinket(s)
    -FoF
    -Chi Brew
    -Blackout Kick
    -Chi Brew
    -Serenity
    -BK Spam

***Note that TEB may or may not be at 10 stacks when entering serenity depending on mastery procs. Pop it as soon as it gets to 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foncy View Post
    Note this this opener will only work for a Blood Elf, but assuming you start with 5 chi, and running Chi Brew and Serenity; my opener goes as:

-TP
    -RSK
    -Arcane Torrent & On-use trinket(s)
    -FoF
    -Chi Brew
    -Blackout Kick
    -Chi Brew
    -Serenity
    -BK Spam

***Note that TEB may or may not be at 10 stacks when entering serenity depending on mastery procs. Pop it as soon as it gets to 10.
    Since niether your Trinket & Arcane Torrent are on the GCD, why not use them right after TP? That way you have your 2nd highest damage dealing ability RSK also benefit from your On Use Trinket.

Deleted
    To simplify my opener, I wrote a castsequence-macro. The second macro can be spammed while Fists of Fury is running out. You just have to start the fight with at least 4 Chi. I don't care about the Chi-loss on a 5-Chi-Start and the stacks of TEB. The Blackout Kick will ensure an additional TEB stack.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=15 Chi Wave, Tiger Palm, Rising Sun Kick, Jab,Blackout Kick,Chi Brew,Chi Brew,Tigereye Brew,Fists of Fury
    /cast Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger

#showtooltip serenity
    /castsequence reset=15 [nochanneling:Fists of Fury]Serenity,Blackout Kick,Blackout Kick

Many top rankings depend on lucky masteryprocs, like 4TEB for one Chi Brew. Some top ranked WW don't even stack Chi pre-fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voop View Post
    Some top ranked WW don't even stack Chi pre-fight.
    In my spreadsheet you can see why. It's basicly a overal gain in time to not wait for 1 min so 1 or 2 ppl can have a full chi bar on each pull. Al you really sacrifice, if anything, is 1 gcd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Outzy View Post
    In my spreadsheet you can see why. It's basicly a overal gain in time to not wait for 1 min so 1 or 2 ppl can have a full chi bar on each pull. Al you really sacrifice, if anything, is 1 gcd.
    Good point! Haven't thought about it before. So on pull it could be Expel Harm -> Jab -> Macro spam for me .

Nevertheless, I would never make my raid waiting for me stacking my Chi pre fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Voop View Post
    Good point! Haven't thought about it before. So on pull it could be Expel Harm -> Jab -> Macro spam for me .

Nevertheless, I would never make my raid waiting for me stacking my Chi pre fight.
    The idea is to get the chi as you run back in, eat food and get ready to pull. I doubt your guild casts a mass rez then a 5 second pull timer immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I normally go with
    -Prepot
    -Zen Sphere
    -Tiger Palm
    -Rising Sun
    -BLK
    -ChiBewx2
    -TEB
    -FoF
    -Serinity

Normally TEB is at around 7 stacks for the FoF and Serinity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    The idea is to get the chi as you run back in, eat food and get ready to pull. I doubt your guild casts a mass rez then a 5 second pull timer immediately.
    Not all fights take a min to get to, Kargath being the most obvious 1. Also I can imagine a RL/Officer/GM might have something more important to do at times, instead of focussing on a possible 1 gcd gain in their opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Outzy View Post
    Not all fights take a min to get to, Kargath being the most obvious 1. Also I can imagine a RL/Officer/GM might have something more important to do at times, instead of focussing on a possible 1 gcd gain in their opener.
    Usually takes us at least a minute to fully buff and be ready to pull. I guess we're not as hardcore as you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.