Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I just don't like that once someone buy's the token it's soulbound so you can't just buy it as a gift for friends
    you can just send them the gold in game and have them buy it?

People have been legally 'buying gold' since 2008 -- head to eBay, purchase a TCG mount/pet, sell it in-game.

This is nothing new. Good job, Blizz!
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    so now you can buy gold with real life money. blizzard has become the gold sellers.

thoughts? even with boosts I never thought we'd see this.
    You are wrong. You buy a game time token for real money. You then have to go into your realms economy and then trade that for gold. And where have you been? This has been known about for months.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the writing is slowly getting on the wall for WoW, Its been such a support blanket for them to do other things, they simply need to keep finding ways to keep it that way until the game finally fades out or down to a few million that only raid. Let's face it, they are able to still do a pretty decent job of keep the raiders happy far longer than the rest that don't raid, they simply can't make enough content outside of raiding that is not consumed in weeks now. They should just drop the whole expansion concept at this point and just go to making content patches/DLC's because that is what this expansion has been so far, a bit more than a glorified content patch.

It could also help in their turnaround time as well, they would not have to strip down every class like they do, nor would they have to go to all the trouble of creating new world or going back to some other time world. They could use the current world and fill in all the gaps they have left over time of this game and put the content in them that was suppose to be there in the first place.

These two move they have made in less than six months time are just the beginning of more to come. The cash shop is going to be seeing more, I am sure in the coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I like it, but there's a piece I don't like:

Q: What happens if the price quoted to me is different from what the Token actually sells for?
    A: You will always receive the gold amount quoted to you at the time you place a Token up for sale, regardless of what the current price is when the item actually sells.

So... more gold out of thin air?
    don't like this either, I was hoping competition would drive prices down...how could they enforce that? and why would people ever list for less if the selling price is guaranteed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I just don't like that once someone buy's the token it's soulbound so you can't just buy it as a gift for friends
    If you want to give someone this as a gift, why not just trade them the gold needed to buy one?

Why not? I think this is a good step, both for players and Blizzard. Unless these "Tokens" cost an obscene amount, I don't see any issue with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how more people playing the game due to new legitimate methods of pay = its all over.

Please leave the knee jerk reactions at the door.

This is certainly good for basicly everyone unless you're hecker/farmer who sells gold on third party sites.

From what I know of the PROPOSED system, people can game time with gold from other players only. Blizzard will only sell game time for real money. So you still need to find someone who has bought this and sell it for gold.

Unless some thing has changed. I have not really followed this so I could be wrong.

They mentioned this months ago, this shouldn't come as a surprise. Now we have a time frame, at least.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    regular players get punished for bots, and now there are going to be TONS more.
    We dont know yet. As i said, lets see if it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Why?

WildStar does this with CREDD and EVE does this with PLEX. It's a great system that's been proven to work in multiple scenarios. Why wouldn't Blizzard implement it? This means that WoW can essentially be 'Grind-to-Play'. It's great for people with lots of time and not much money, aka teenagers and college students.
    Because WoW has a subscription.....oh yeah, so does, Wildstar and EVE. But it allows people to buy a full set of Mythich gear from the AH on day one....except you may never see a full set of mythic for your spec/class for the entire expansion.

This is something that should have been in since day one.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't like this either, I was hoping competition would drive prices down...how could they enforce that? and why would people ever list for less if the selling price is guaranteed?
    You can't list it for anything. Once you put it up it will have the current price.
    When 100k more ppl put it up the price will go down.
    Some1 will buy it for the new lower price, but you still get the amount that was current @ the time of posting.

Conclusion: Competition WILL drive the price down.

Deleted
    Finally something to do with my 800k

its bout time,been gold capped for waaaaay toolong

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I like how more people playing the game due to new legitimate methods of pay = its all over.

Please leave the knee jerk reactions at the door.

This is certainly good for basicly everyone unless you're hecker/farmer who sells gold on third party sites.
    Knee jerk reactions since 2008:

Mount store is P2W! THE END OF WOW!
    TCG Pets/Mounts on eBay are P2W! THE END OF WOW!
    Guardian Cub is P2W! THE END OF WOW!
    Level 90 boost is P2W! THE END OF WOW!
    WoW token is P2W! THE END OF WOW!

These threads are always good times.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    From what I know of the PROPOSED system, people can game time with gold from other players only. Blizzard will only sell game time for real money. So you still need to find someone who has bought this and sell it for gold.
    As someone who has made 90% of her gold by buying TCG pets on eBay and selling them on the AH, I absolutely welcome this opportunity since it mostly eliminates the risk of not selling. The market for the tokens will be much more reliant than for pets.

did we lose a raid tier for this?

Don't post spam or memes
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-03-02 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I like it, but there's a piece I don't like:

Q: What happens if the price quoted to me is different from what the Token actually sells for?
    A: You will always receive the gold amount quoted to you at the time you place a Token up for sale, regardless of what the current price is when the item actually sells.

So... more gold out of thin air?
    When the alternative was disappointment, why not? I would think it'd be unlikely to be a huge discrepancy anyway. Probably would be most likely to happen around payday when suddenly a lot of people put them up for sale. It would even out with the gold that's spent when the price went higher than originally promised anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    i got all my vaccines because not being dead is pretty cool

Welcome to free to play for some and pay to win for others.