Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is great, glad it's going to be added into the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    so in other words, it's a guarantee you get gold for the token you purchased? thats a relief atleast.
    When you put it on the auction it will stay there and say something like "when this token sells you will receive 15600 gold for it". Unless everyone on the entire server stops buying tokens, yours will eventually reach the front of the queue and be sold, giving you the exact amount of gold you were told you would get.

The price should follow the gold market the gold selling sites have to counter them.

I recall seeing 15$ for 25K a few weeks back when i checked the price/ratio of gold in servers to as this token would be.

So it should be somewhere in the 20-30K market hopefully, but knowing Blizzard, first token 100K here it comes.

Genuinely confused on something -- if Blizzard is setting this up to determine on their end what the "correct" value of gold to game time is, if they are taking that out of the hands of the player economy...

... why not just sell us the gold directly themselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    This will not kill gold farmers, but it will hurt them drastically.

Blizzard will fix dynamically the sell price ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    When you put it on the auction it will stay there and say something like "when this token sells you will receive 15600 gold for it". Unless everyone on the entire server stops buying tokens, yours will eventually reach the front of the queue and be sold, giving you the exact amount of gold you were told you would get.
    cool, i can live with that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine they'll have a base value, then it will rise or fall depending on supply and demand. High demand and low supply, the price rises, low demand and high supply the price falls. It will largely be determined by what they set as the base value, which I imagine to be somewhere similar to current gold seller costs.

Its just a way to counter gold selling.

Now instead of going to some weird shady site with a chance to get keylogged also, or idiots using same credentials to log onto both sites/games getting hacked right after.

You want gold? Buy a token, wait a few hours/days depending on demand, and there it is!

A guildie pointed out the answer to my own question is, by not selling the gold directly they aren't increasing the gold supply. But it's also not meant to operate as a gold sink, or they could sell game time from an NPC. So this is explicitly to 'spread the wealth around' in an in game economy. Ironically, by leveraging the differences in actual money in the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old Blizzard Guy: Well, we can milk out this a bit more! so lets do it!.... anyway we can develop cheap patches like 6.1 and they still pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    If it's for 1month subs then it will probably cost 15$. Curious how much it will sell for ^^
    Point is to crash the illegal gold circuit this way, so expect personally I expect this to be around 20-30k per token.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    6.2 PTR soonish?
    Diablo ptr is up, with heroes beta, I don't think 6.2 ptr will be up very soon, expect this tier to last another 3-4 months.

So 6.2 ptr in a 1.5 months ish.

Really like this. Ty Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    If it's for 1month subs then it will probably cost 15$. Curious how much it will sell for ^^
    I bet at least $20
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People defend Blizz pretty vehemently on here no matter what they do without thinking for themselves, but this is opening the door to P2W and F2P any way you cut it. If you can buy gold with real money, and you can buy items with that gold that are better than what most people have then who's to stop a rich kid from dropping $1000 on gold and then getting a set of heroic raid gear? That's pretty much the definition of p2w, just slightly indirect and not selling items directly off the Blizz store. But it's the same result, just an extra stop at the AH. The other downside of this is it is a huge incentive to Blizz to further increase gold sinks in the game (like heirlooms were cough cough) in order to drive their own wowtoken (gold) sales, as an indirect cash grab.

That said, #1 I'm not sure how much gear matters anymore anyway when you can get heroic raid gear from a garrison mission without even stepping foot outside your garrison. And #2, I do understand the argument that people already *could* buy gold for years if they wanted to deal with the shady sellers. But this is a whole different ball of wax. The vast majority of players wouldn't risk dealing with shady third-party gold sellers. So this changes things significantly when 100% of the players can buy gold direct from Blizz legitimately. For those reasons I'm more worried about the items mentioned above in the previous paragraph, especially the last point on increasing gold sinks.

I would ask people to not put these on the AH for stupidly high prices. I am one of the players who can not afford gametime so this will be my only way of getting it. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel mixed about it. Yes, it'll save some from their own stupidity and, yes, it's not directly paying real money for gold. But...
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

watch how this will ruin the gold market. Spectral tigers and such will cost a buttload more because of this shit