Heroic Blackhand - Mistweaver Standing at Ranged

Hi, should be a quick question.

If I stand with melee, I don't get targeted by explosive rounds or marked for death.

I want to stand at ranged to help spread out damage taken by explosive rounds. That seems like it should happen, from logs (I get hit by one now and then it seems).

In the past, some mechanics simply won't target a MW (such as Tectus's red void zone things), and some (like Garrosh's void zone thing, sorry can't you tell I suck at remembering the names of abilities?) would target you if you're not hugging the boss in melee range. I'd rather not figure this one out through trial and error, so...

First question is, will a MW at ranged indeed be targeted by explosive rounds?

Second, will a MW at ranged get targeted with marked for death?

Thanks in advance!

7+ Year Old Account
    I've never been the direct target of any ability on Blackhand while standing at range. Only time I've been Impaled is when someone's marked and running for the demo, and been behind me when it's fired.

So I'd confidently say you won't be targeted by either of those abilities, unless all your ranged are dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    MWs don't get hit by MfD or Explosive Round, no matter how far you are from the boss.

Welcome to the wonders of playing a MW, where you get to skip out on a load of boss mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharia View Post
    MWs don't get hit by MfD or Explosive Round, no matter how far you are from the boss.
    How sure are you about Explosive Round? WCL doesn't make it easy to determine whether you're the direct target (AFAIK - the events list just shows damage events), but I'm the "cause" of some minor splash damage during P2: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...start=14983287 (Problems > Avoidable Damage > Explosive Round > Caused By: Mollify).

Is WCL wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mollify View Post
    How sure are you about Explosive Round? WCL doesn't make it easy to determine whether you're the direct target (AFAIK - the events list just shows damage events), but I'm the "cause" of some minor splash damage during P2: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...start=14983287 (Problems > Avoidable Damage > Explosive Round > Caused By: Mollify).

Is WCL wrong here?
    I've been the cause of minor spalsh damage as a tank, melee DPS and range DPS. I'm guessing it's just a problem WCL has considering it seems to show that for every role.

Deleted
    No you aren't targeted by explosive rounds. Any damage you take from it is splash. The only mechanic you can really get in that phase is fixated by the Siege engine (like all melee can). Make sure you aren't the first player it comes across but apart from that stand wherever you want.