Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I had comebacks from being five levels and forts behind, and loses despite holding a similar advantage. In HotS it's very easy to come back from behind(at least compared to other mobas) due to its design. It's only when I see people start blaming others and exchanging insults that I give up on winning a game.
    The underdog XP bonus makes effective farming irrelevant because as soon as you hit 2-3 levels behind, bam, catch up. It's a pretty stupid device to make shit teams feel like they aren't shit.

And yeah, the MMR is still fucked, you will get rank 1's grouped with rank 50's. If you're the rank 50, maybe you're the drag tbh. Myself I 've only got to rank 40 or something, I stopped bothering as there was no XP and I prefer working on master skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Toxic people aren't the problem. Incompetent, ignorant people are.

I have no problem with bad players. I have a problem with bad players who are utterly ignorant of how bad they are and stubbornly refuse to be wrong at anything and there's so many of them here.
    Well not everyone who touches the game is an instant pro and to admit that you suck ass is kinda hard, especially if you're playing with other no-names and you have no reason to believe that they're any better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    The underdog XP bonus makes effective farming irrelevant because as soon as you hit 2-3 levels behind, bam, catch up. It's a pretty stupid device to make shit teams feel like they aren't shit.

And yeah, the MMR is still fucked, you will get rank 1's grouped with rank 50's. If you're the rank 50, maybe you're the drag tbh. Myself I 've only got to rank 40 or something, I stopped bothering as there was no XP and I prefer working on master skins.
    The underdog xp is a great system, because it forces teams to play at their best at all times and doesn't make games unnecessarily drawn out. A losing team won't catch up/come back if you don't let them, but if you do lose a team fight while they were behind, it's your own fault and they deserve a comeback. A shit team won't win because of comeback XP, but the comeback XP does allow a game not to be redundant past a certain level gap. The only downside is that comps based on early game advantages will never really work out except on Haunted Mines maybe.

Also, you get XP and gold from Hero League so not sure why you would forego playing hero league if you want master skins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Well not everyone who touches the game is an instant pro and to admit that you suck ass is kinda hard, especially if you're playing with other no-names and you have no reason to believe that they're any better than you.

The underdog xp is a great system, because it forces teams to play at their best at all times and doesn't make games unnecessarily drawn out. A losing team won't catch up/come back if you don't let them, but if you do lose a team fight while they were behind, it's your own fault and they deserve a comeback. A shit team won't win because of comeback XP, but the comeback XP does allow a game not to be redundant past a certain level gap. The only downside is that comps based on early game advantages will never really work out except on Haunted Mines maybe.

Also, you get XP and gold from Hero League so not sure why you would forego playing hero league if you want master skins.
    If they've added XP to hero league, it's recent. I have 10+ matches in there and never earned XP on any hero when I was doing them. In which case, I may switch but the broken MMR still means you'll get a team that drags you down with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Man, it's like that comic strip in action.
    I think you should switch to decaff then mate, I wasn't complaining about shit ranked match teams, I was pointing out if he's rank 50 and he's complaining he should evaluate himself. I have no issues or illusions of my abilities. I'm fine, I've got 8 wins and 3 losses.
    Last edited by Malania; 2015-03-05 at 08:47 PM.

Seems like all the HotS posts are about the player base and not the game. What's the deal? Can't we call just get along? lol

Deleted
    If they've added XP to hero league, it's recent. I have 10+ matches in there and never earned XP on any hero when I was doing them. In which case, I may switch but the broken MMR still means you'll get a team that drags you down with them.
    XP was always earned in Hero League. You just need to switch from the rank tab to XP one after the match to actually see it. Same goes for gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Underdog XP is great. A match is never over, the winning team needs to stay careful and can not brainlessly steamroll while the lower leveled one can look for openings and potentially exploit enemy mistakes to great effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noonanz View Post
    Seems like all the HotS posts are about the player base and not the game. What's the deal? Can't we call just get along? lol
    Of course not. Other people are literally Hitler in MOBAs.

15+ Year Old Account
    And yet nobody seems to follow that they were 4 levels behind for a reason, an increased XP boost just because isn't fair on the other team, they out played you. It may not magically let you catch up but unless the other team is dominating you as in, 5 deaths for every one of theirs, a lucky streak or a poor engagement by the other team can lose them a massive advantage in 1 play.

I'm all for a balanced approach but I don't agree that you should be given an XP bonus, just cap the levels you can beat the other team by. I've won alot of games I shouldn't of just because of underdog, I've lost alot of games I shouldn't of for the same reason. I don't think it's really fair play.
    Last edited by Malania; 2015-03-05 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    And yet nobody seems to follow that they were 4 levels behind for a reason, an increased XP boost just because isn't fair on the other team, they out played you. It may not magically let you catch up but unless the other team is dominating you as in, 5 deaths for every one of theirs, a lucky streak or a poor engagement by the other team can lose them a massive advantage in 1 play.

I'm all for a balanced approach but I don't agree that you should be given an XP bonus, just cap the levels you can beat the other team by. I've won alot of games I shouldn't of just because of underdog, I've lost alot of games I shouldn't of for the same reason. I don't think it's really fair play.
    If you outplayed the enemy and didn't just get lucky there's no reason for you to suddenly start losing. You were winning when the terms were equal, now you have a great edge in terms of power - if you start losing teamfights and objectives despite that then you entirely deserve to lose the match.

Deleted
    first blood
    This mental carryover annoys me so much in HotS. First blood, and early kills in general, have extremely little value here when compared to other mobas. It does give a small boost, getting level 2 a little bit faster produces a small window of opportunity, but it's incomparable to what it means to get First Blood on ADC in LoL. And despite that I see people giving up within first 3 minutes. Enemies got 2 kills off a stupid fight over the watchtower on Blackheart's? GG GG GG GG NOOBZ OMGGG

Seriously, fuck this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomorepuns View Post
    Played no more than 10 games and now complaining? Sounds like this game isn't for you then. You are at the bottom feeder of the brackets. Win a few and you will get out of there...

If you are not having luck, then play heroes you can do better carrying with like IMO: Li Li, Stitches, and Muradin.
    Wow, mlg pro comment. You're the bottom feeder, if you think tanks carry in soloQ.

And Li Li is just for braindead people who cannot target anything.

I hope I will never get you on my team, but hope is hope - 95% players are like you - super bad.
    No you haven't. You didn't just magically win or lose those games because of underdog XP.

This thought process is another annoying holdover from LoL. This idea that, "We got first blood, so it should be an inevitable snowball that results in our win 40 minutes from now!" and just because HotS is considered a MOBA people assume it should work the exact same way.
    If you die at level 1 or 2, it means that:
    a) you're terrible
    b) enemy team is amazing

Either way, both outcomes look grim.
    Last edited by ldev; 2015-03-05 at 11:26 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Wow, mlg pro comment. You're the bottom feeder, if you think tanks carry in soloQ.

And Li Li is just for braindead people who cannot target anything.

I hope I will never get you on my team, but hope is hope - 95% players are like you - super bad.

If you die at level 1 or 2, it means that:
    a) you're terrible
    b) enemy team is amazing

Either way, both outcomes look grim.
    It's amazing how everything you ever post can be so elitist and yet so completely fucking wrong and off the mark at the same time.

Are you actually playing this game or are you still letting your bots do it for you?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

If you can outplay them early game there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to outplay them late game, unless you went for some early game gimmick comp in which case I'd say it's good that there's a system that minimalizes snowballing off of that. Comeback rewards you for winning fights while the odds are against you. That 4 level lead was created while the odds were equal or even in your favor. It also keeps matches interesting until the end, rather than having games get decided very early on in a match and have 40-50% of the match be completely redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have had a giant winning streak the last few days. Out of like 10-15 games I have lost like 2-3 in Hero League. I'm about rank 23, at the moment. Not that I'm complaining. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    This mental carryover annoys me so much in HotS. First blood, and early kills in general, have extremely little value here when compared to other mobas. It does give a small boost, getting level 2 a little bit faster produces a small window of opportunity, but it's incomparable to what it means to get First Blood on ADC in LoL. And despite that I see people giving up within first 3 minutes. Enemies got 2 kills off a stupid fight over the watchtower on Blackheart's? GG GG GG GG NOOBZ OMGGG

Seriously, fuck this.
    I love seeing roaming hero balls seeking FB for the entire early game. Meanwhile we split up in lanes and soak XP for free while dodging them.

Oes noes I died, I get a 5 second res time and a free hearth out of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It's amazing how everything you ever post can be so elitist and yet so completely fucking wrong and off the mark at the same time.
    It's not just me then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It's really hit and miss you can get decent quick matches also, i generally start a conversation (unless i really cba) once you start talking from the start it's easier for people to get to communicate and listen.

as long people use the ping cmds it can go rather well.
    In ranked it feels like 90% talks and uses pings. In quickmatches it is the complete opposite. And it makes me so damn annoyed, if you play a team oriented game you should atleast use basics communications.