Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Drslump View Post
    With 2pc, I tried to do a bit more synergy with Surge of Light (instead of usual Solace) on Mythic Gruul. The idea was to get more Flash Heal into Serendipity + POH to fish for more Divine Insight POM's. Didn't feel anymore advantageous. Probably more noticeable with 4pc.
    You shouldn't be using Solace anyway. With the recent buff, Mindbender is better. And if you use SoL, pair it with Divine Star. I'd go ToF on Gruul too, just because people will constantly be dropped to low HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

hello there,

I have 4 tier piece also and really having POM is the best heal atm with serendipity stacks and divine insight.. that seems coool and overhealing is way more less other then Renew-COH playstyle..

at this point I want to discuss since playign style is abit changing from hot style to more instant direct heal style (POM and COH) still multi > haste > all ? or do we need some crit/mastery over haste..

for BRF as I tried and think that still high dmg phases renew - coh (with chackra sanct) giefs better throughput other than pom-serenx2-heal-pom. but for low dmg phasees 4 pc seems work fine with less overheal

On fights that are mana intensive (typically progression) I use Mindbender. On fights that aren't, I favor Surge of Light.

I feel like with the set pieces, Holy is given a bit more utility...we are less like resto druid's not-as-cute-twin-sister and have a bit more oomph and diversity.

I know this is controversial but I have always favored crit/mastery over haste. It may not be what's "correct" according to sims, but I believe I have a lot more control over my mana and how I use it. Also, the way loot has changed and the lack of reforge available...you don't have a lot of say in your tertiary stats. If it has multistrike I want it, if it doesn't, I don't. Feel free to disagree with me on this but please back up your reasoning with facts. (I'm always open to re-evaluating)

During high damage phases, Sanctuary Chakra would definitely still be appropriate. I still like to occasionally throw a flash heal out on targets that could use it even while still in Sanctuary to stack my Serendipity to give me a good PoH or even, occasionally, a heal (love that 40% chance for a free instant PoM no CD with Divine Insight talent). 4 piece (I don't have it yet) means statistically you should be getting at least 1 stack of Serendipity every time you PoM, which means more PoH/H, which means more lovely Divine Insight PoM Procs...which sounds like a lovely cycle to me!

Sorry, what? There are quite a few guilds that run a Holy Priest in their comp.. Danish Terrace, set sail for fail, Midnight Sanctuary, Exiled Legion, Nihilum. Holy Priests, if played optimally, can be exceptional healers. They may not be quite as strong as other healers, but at equivalent item and skill levels, they don't fall far behind. Take a look at Danish Terrace's Mythic Blast Furnace kill - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=healing - Their Holy Priest did exceptionally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Benea View Post
    Can't we have a discussion about holy spec for once without the go-disc-or-you're-making-things-harder-for-your-raid.
    Nope, to many idiots for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    Nope, to many idiots for that.
    Totally. Same reason why we see so many frost DKs and destro locks these days. All specs are completely balanced and equally viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

I've always casted PoM on CD, most of the BRF fights really support it (lots of small raid AoE, then planned raid AoE phases) so the 2p and 4p just enhance that.
    Though finding it hard to think of all the serendipidy stacks going to waste on a small heal because I'd run out of mana too quickly if I reacted to every proc with PoH.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubble View Post
    Sorry, what? There are quite a few guilds that run a Holy Priest in their comp.. Danish Terrace, set sail for fail, Midnight Sanctuary, Exiled Legion, Nihilum. Holy Priests, if played optimally, can be exceptional healers. They may not be quite as strong as other healers, but at equivalent item and skill levels, they don't fall far behind. Take a look at Danish Terrace's Mythic Blast Furnace kill - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&type=healing - Their Holy Priest did exceptionally well.
    Now you made me all tingly in the pants area.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougamer View Post
    Though finding it hard to think of all the serendipidy stacks going to waste on a small heal because I'd run out of mana too quickly if I reacted to every proc with PoH.
    I suppose CoP would be the answer, seeing how it's cheaper. The "problem" is that WoM is even better than it was thanks to 6.1 mending changes, so it's pretty hard to just give it up.

Not to mention, having the 10yrd range for CoP makes it only worth it for very tightly stacked fights. If there's ANY spreading out at all you lose the ability to AoE heal effectively (mainly when ranged members have to spread out, usually melee are stacked on boss).
    Last edited by Dougamer; 2015-03-08 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Totally. Same reason why we see so many frost DKs and destro locks these days. All specs are completely balanced and equally viable.
    Even then, this thread has nothing to do with it.