Quick question about fistweaving

So I have a mistweaver alt who I've been bringing to our heroic brf clears. He's only 675, but I've been keeping up relatively ok with our healers that have 15 ilvls+ on me. My question is about fistweaving rotation.

I'm currently doing a 4chi ex + tiger Palm followed by a 3chi ex + RSK. Is this generally the best way to use my chi or should I always do 4chi for the orbs?

Maintain RSK + only 4 ChiEx for maximum healing. Add Tiger Power and smaller ChiEx's for more DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollify View Post
    Maintain RSK + only 4 ChiEx for maximum healing. Add Tiger Power and smaller ChiEx's for more DPS.
    Maintaining RSK is not worth it when you talent chi ex.

Just generate as much chi as possible and spam chi ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    So I have a mistweaver alt who I've been bringing to our heroic brf clears. He's only 675, but I've been keeping up relatively ok with our healers that have 15 ilvls+ on me. My question is about fistweaving rotation.

I'm currently doing a 4chi ex + tiger Palm followed by a 3chi ex + RSK. Is this generally the best way to use my chi or should I always do 4chi for the orbs?
    For CE Crane:
    4 chi CE only, more time-efficient and the orbs are great. Buffs are optional; slightly more DPS for significantly less healing. Most people don't maintain the buffs for CE Crane.

Don't forget Expel Harm and Vital Mist Surgings to save mana. That's what makes FWing so great; it's very mana-efficient.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    For CE Crane:
    4 chi CE only, more time-efficient and the orbs are great. Buffs are optional; slightly more DPS for significantly less healing. Most people don't maintain the buffs for CE Crane.

Don't forget Expel Harm and Vital Mist Surgings to save mana. That's what makes FWing so great; it's very mana-efficient.
    Yeah the 4+1, 3+2 was to get the free surging mists. Is it really worth wasting 3 chi worth of free surging just to spam 4 chi ex?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Yeah the 4+1, 3+2 was to get the free surging mists. Is it really worth wasting 3 chi worth of free surging just to spam 4 chi ex?
    With 2pc set bonus, yes, because CE does so much damage and healing. Without 2pc you could use 4-stack VM Surgings in place of one of your jabs.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Only apply tiger power and RSK in downtime when everyone's more or less topped. Use chiex at 4 chi only and weave in the RSK's and tiger palms when it looks likely to overheal.
    Use detonate after every 2nd chiex if the damage is continuous or simply when people need the healing.

Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    Only apply tiger power and RSK in downtime when everyone's more or less topped. Use chiex at 4 chi only and weave in the RSK's and tiger palms when it looks likely to overheal.
    Use detonate after every 2nd chiex if the damage is continuous or simply when people need the healing.
    Not sure you even need to do buffs at all; the orbs are a large chunk of the healing and last long enough to get low overheal on them no matter when you CE, and a good chunk of CE comes from the HoT too. Hmm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Not sure you even need to do buffs at all; the orbs are a large chunk of the healing and last long enough to get low overheal on them no matter when you CE, and a good chunk of CE comes from the HoT too. Hmm.
    I've always used them as a filler when faced with the choice of pure overheal vs remaining chi capped. But then again I'm not someone who's put much time or thought into Chiex Crane. I know people ignored the buffs entirely on butcher, but I put that down to the nature of the damage being continuous.

After using a 4chi Chi ex, is it worth spending the 1 chi on tigers palm to get vital mists to a 5 stack or should I go straight jab > Chi ex and let some of the vital mists stacks go to waste?

Quote Originally Posted by Aylied View Post
    After using a 4chi Chi ex, is it worth spending the 1 chi on tigers palm to get vital mists to a 5 stack or should I go straight jab > Chi ex and let some of the vital mists stacks go to waste?
    Tiger Palm does basically nothing for CE Crane. Waste of time and chi, even to get the Vital Mists. RSK if anything, but even that's not a healing gain at 0% overheal. You can use both if you're trying to maximize damage, but they're not great for healing