Manziel is a saint.
    I sure hope not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I sure hope not
    What about to the Rams?

lol

10+ Year Old Account

The way the game used to be played. Notice, no flag. Imo they've ruined it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just in cleaning up some news I didn;t see mentioned here:

1) Justin Tuck retired.

He'll always be a vivid part for me of the Giants that made life hell for Brady in that Superbowl. He probably will never end up in Canton, but he was a hell of a pro.

2) NFL signed an agreement with NBC to take on half the Thursday night games next year. Cost for the rights apparently 450M (though I'm not sure if that was just the NBC part of also the CBS part (who have the first 8 games).

So basic set up for Thursdays is now that CBS does the first 8 games (simulcast on NFLN) and NBC does the later 8 games (also simulcast on NFLN). There's also some Saturday games apparently, but not sure who does the broadcast for those. Maybe it depends on which part of the year.

End result though, we get better quality production for Thursdays in the second half of the year and the NFL once again gets a shit load of money.

I liked the division set up they did this year, it really made the thursday night games pretty good, better than the Monday nights even. Thursdays will always be a drag for the teams, but in the current iteration I don't mind some inconvenience for the teams if it means 1 more night of football on TV.

- - - Updated - - -

Should have just looked it up before posting this is what's happening next year:

Under the new deal, CBS and NBC will air five Thursday night games apiece in 2016-2017.

CBS has aired eight Thursday night games a year for the last two years. NFL Network has simulcast those games and had exclusive rights to the others. Under the new deal, NFL Network will have an exclusive eight-game package that includes Thursday night games and late-season Saturday night games in addition to continuing to simulcast the CBS and NBC games.
    So CBS and NBC each 5 games at 450M and NFLN 8 exclusive games, including Saturday night games late in the season while also airing the 10 CBS/NBC games.

- - - Updated - - -

These are always awesome:

10+ Year Old Account
    Long as NBC continues to...no, wait. They already stopped streaming them for free. Unless you count 45 minutes, which is just beyond stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Long as NBC continues to...no, wait. They already stopped streaming them for free. Unless you count 45 minutes, which is just beyond stupid.
    I did read somewhere the NFL was looking for a streaming partner. That was in relation to the Thursday night games though, so I'm not sure how much will come of that in the broader sense of finally having streaming available as an option for Americans.

You'd have to think too that the NFL is going to ask a bundle for the streaming rights and whoever gets them will want to make money off of them and put them behind some kind of paywall. Not sure how interested Hulu and Netflix are in showing sports, but those 2 seem obvious choices. If they go for a company like Yahoo though, they might not charge money directly and just have some kind of ads on them, rolling while the normal ads roll.

That last one would be the Dream scenario of course, so that's probably not going to happen. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    There might be another on the market if Kaepernick wants outta SF.
    Isn't he shopping himself to the Jets?

There goes Geno.

Re Tuck. Glad to have had him in Oakland to both play during the rebuild and mentor our young upcoming defence. Will forever be remembered for THAT timeout call in TNF last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...ok. Someone isn't gonna be at the Super Bowl on the Broncos' squad. Rookie safety Ryan Murphy, who was detained as part of a prostitution ring. He wasn't charged, though, so I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about to the Rams?

lol
    Wouldn't be a downgrade from what they've got, just keep that kid out of New Orleans, he couldn't handle it (not that he could handle Hollywood or Cleveland or any fucking place).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well...ok. Someone isn't gonna be at the Super Bowl on the Broncos' squad. Rookie safety Ryan Murphy, who was detained as part of a prostitution ring. He wasn't charged, though, so I don't know.
    He's a practice squad guy so it won't affect the outcome of the game. Still, it'll be a huge distraction for them...you know how the media likes to blow everything out of proportion during the week leading up to the big game.

I don't get it...your team makes it to the Super Bowl and you do some stuff like this? Regardless of how big your role in the team is, you should know better than to do anything on or off the field that might be detrimental to your team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    He's a practice squad guy so it won't affect the outcome of the game. Still, it'll be a huge distraction for them...you know how the media likes to blow everything out of proportion during the week leading up to the big game.

I don't get it...your team makes it to the Super Bowl and you do some stuff like this? Regardless of how big your role in the team is, you should know better than to do anything on or off the field that might be detrimental to your team.
    They shoulda gotten Eugene Robinson to speak to them like the Panthers did.

10+ Year Old Account
    They shoulda gotten Eugene Robinson to speak to them like the Panthers did.
    He probably still doesn't like the Broncos.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about to the Rams?

lol
    Seems they're waiting and watching what Peyton does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems they're waiting and watching what Peyton does.
    I think there's approx. 0.00% chance that Peyton joins the Rams and plays another year. He just admitted that he got told recently that he'll need hip replacement down the road. No way he plays again. He's rich, he's done everything, he's a surefire first ballot HoF'er, there's nothing for him to gain by playing again, ESPECIALLY not on a team that would need to learn how to use him, and where he would need to learn how to work with them.

And if the Rams are waiting for Peyton as a solution, they're complete and utter morons and shouldn't be allowed to run a football team.

- - - Updated - - -

Panthers seem healthier than the Broncos going into this game. Safeties for the Broncos are banged up. Panthers mostly just have Jared Allen and Thomas Davis with his broken arm. Davis was full participant though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I think there's approx. 0.00% chance that Peyton joins the Rams and plays another year. He just admitted that he got told recently that he'll need hip replacement down the road. No way he plays again. He's rich, he's done everything, he's a surefire first ballot HoF'er, there's nothing for him to gain by playing again, ESPECIALLY not on a team that would need to learn how to use him, and where he would need to learn how to work with them.

And if the Rams are waiting for Peyton as a solution, they're complete and utter morons and shouldn't be allowed to run a football team.

- - - Updated - - -

Panthers seem healthier than the Broncos going into this game. Safeties for the Broncos are banged up. Panthers mostly just have Jared Allen and Thomas Davis with his broken arm. Davis was full participant though.
    Where did you hear that he needs hip surgery?

Man I've been outta the loop. Kinda weird giving no fucks during super bowl week. Past two seasons have been crazy for me with how insane the NFCCGs were for the Seahawks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you hear that he needs hip surgery?

Man I've been outta the loop. Kinda weird giving no fucks during super bowl week. Past two seasons have been crazy for me with how insane the NFCCGs were for the Seahawks.
    I feel ya. After the Patriots lost I was like "Who cares anymore". Took me till this week to finally start giving a damn again. Even Patriots news was mostly just "meh" and ignored.

But I want to care, cause it's the last game of the season, and I'm not really ready to be without football. It will be a dark few weeks, and then Combine, and shortly after Free Agency. Those should be fun, but then it's the long annoying break till the Draft where all those draft prospects will get analyzed to death ad nauseum and after the Draft there's just the Great Dark Nothing.

For me personally the offseason is going to be an annoyance cause:

1) Brady appeal is on again
    2) Patriots lost 2 draft picks cause Goodel has no fucking clue how the ideal gas law works, so every mention of the Draft is going to tick me off.
    3) Patriots will have several important players they have to get new contracts for, so it's going to be months of speculation about that, weighing players against each other, and media nonsense about which agent/player/inside source said what, with the Patriots being mum about it all. I hate not knowing.

All 3 are things I just want to be done with (appeal, draft and contracts) but there's no speeding up time with these things.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, hip surgery: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...861854720?s=09

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I feel ya. After the Patriots lost I was like "Who cares anymore". Took me till this week to finally start giving a damn again. Even Patriots news was mostly just "meh" and ignored.

But I want to care, cause it's the last game of the season, and I'm not really ready to be without football. It will be a dark few weeks, and then Combine, and shortly after Free Agency. Those should be fun, but then it's the long annoying break till the Draft where all those draft prospects will get analyzed to death ad nauseum and after the Draft there's just the Great Dark Nothing.

For me personally the offseason is going to be an annoyance cause:

1) Brady appeal is on again
    2) Patriots lost 2 draft picks cause Goodel has no fucking clue how the ideal gas law works, so every mention of the Draft is going to tick me off.
    3) Patriots will have several important players they have to get new contracts for, so it's going to be months of speculation about that, weighing players against each other, and media nonsense about which agent/player/inside source said what, with the Patriots being mum about it all. I hate not knowing.

All 3 are things I just want to be done with (appeal, draft and contracts) but there's no speeding up time with these things.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, hip surgery: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...861854720?s=09
    Most of the seahawks stuff is revolving around who we can sign with projected dead money. Seahawks are sitting pretty well cap wise to extend Bennett, Lane, and Rubin. Okung maybe because hes hurt and hes his own agent. Kearse will walk, Kam will be butthurt again. Draft will probably go DT, DB, RB, QB, and OL.

Wont be surprised to see a trade for O line. Late first round picks mean little. I also saw something where since NO is in such cap hell, that Unger could become a cap casualty if Brees isn't reworked. That would be pretty lol if he ends up back in Seattle. Too bad Graham likely will never be where he was at before his injury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Offseason stuff happening?

Well the Saints will bring in a bunch of new defensive players and still do badly, cut people and get more dead money, and have fun with the owner being sued by all his bratty offspring.

Rams are gonna keep limping along with Jeff Fisher so nothing too interesting will probably happen (I will happily eat these words if anything interesting does happen).

10+ Year Old Account
    Offseason stuff happening?

Well the Saints will bring in a bunch of new defensive players and still do badly, cut people and get more dead money, and have fun with the owner being sued by all his bratty offspring.

Rams are gonna keep limping along with Jeff Fisher so nothing too interesting will probably happen (I will happily eat these words if anything interesting does happen).
    Err, chinese curse/proverb "May you live in interesting times". It's most interesting in the offseason if your team is making big (coaching) moves, which generally means they are busy filling big holes. I'd take a quiet off season any year.

And I wasn't trying to start off season discussion (yet). It's just the fans of the Superbowl teams are super quiet for some reason... Pretty sure I posted a lot about the upcoming Superbowl last year when it was my team, and about stuff going on with the team in the lead up. Would love to hear inside stuff on the Panthers/Broncos.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a lot to say about the Superbowl, and I mostly see the Panthers fans come here to celebrate, not to talk trash beforehand, so methinks they will not be saying a whole lot until the day.

As for the Broncos fans, where are they? GET EM! YOUR KIND AINT WELCOME HERE!!