10+ Year Old Account
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    The chip Kelly racist thing is stupid as hell.

None of the evidence shows Tom Brady said to deflate the balls under the allowed limit. They had them at 16 and he got pissed about that, he never said "put them under the limit!!!!"
    You may want to take the time to read some of the texts or at least part of the report and you would see there obviously was comunication between the three (for those of us that were not at Bradys side as you must have been to know what was and was not said). Maybe if they had not submitted the balls underinflated the refs (again this is in the actual text messages) would not have pumped them up so high but that is on refs not the Pats for being over.

Once the refs check the balls they are ment to be held by the refs till game time and nobody else is allowed to have them but in atleast the Colt game they were removed from the refs control and (again all this is in there if bother to read) the refs went in panic mode trying to find them.

Not sure that they will suspend anyone but the NFL will look at INTENT not results of what was (or if you are a Pats fan ) was not done and at the clubs past history when dishing out any fines/picks and/or suspensions
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2015-05-07 at 12:52 AM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well, I went and got a cup of tea and realized this whole thing is about a minor difference in PSI on footballs, in a game that was a complete blowout, and where the accused team actually played better AFTER the whole ball thing got checked out. I could spend the next few hours, days, weeks or months raging about it, but it's just not worth it. I'm done with this report unless the NFL actually does something stupid to punish Brady or the team. Even then it won't matter in the long run, it will just get Brady pissed off further, which will only motivate him. I'd love the NFL to take on a motivated Tom Brady on the football field, with or without deflated balls.
    Its likely been going on for much longer than one half of one game that everybody focuses on. Its also absurd that people still don't think inflation effects anything. Must be a lot more arm chair QBs than I thought out there. When I was little we'd deflate our footballs in recess to chuck them way further. I still do it.

Brady gonna be sitting 4 games after he appeals his 6 game suspension. I'd also be worried about some coaches being labeled as guilty of negligence or whatever that Sean Payton was with the bounty shit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-deflating/

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I laugh at people thinking Brady is going to be suspended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    You may want to take the time to read some of the texts or at least part of the report and you would see there obviously was comunication between the three (for those of us that were not at Bradys side as you must have been to know what was and was not said). Maybe if they had not submitted the balls underinflated the refs (again this is in the actual text messages) would not have pumped them up so high but that is on refs not the Pats for being over.

Once the refs check the balls they are ment to be held by the refs till game time and nobody else is allowed to have them but in atleast the Colt game they were removed from the refs control and (again all this is in there if bother to read) the refs went in panic mode trying to find them.

Not sure that they will suspend anyone but the NFL will look at INTENT not results of what was (or if you are a Pats fan ) was not done and at the clubs past history when dishing out any fines/picks and/or suspensions
    Yes, communication. but he never once said "Put them illegally low" or "I like them lower than is legal"

I'm not a pats fan. Its a ridiculous fucking "Scandal" that losers bitched about after they got their asses kicked, or the teams that had to go against them in the super bowl and pissed that they lost.

Should have run it and maybe it wouldnt be an issue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Its likely been going on for much longer than one half of one game that everybody focuses on. Its also absurd that people still don't think inflation effects anything. Must be a lot more arm chair QBs than I thought out there. When I was little we'd deflate our footballs in recess to chuck them way further. I still do it.

Brady gonna be sitting 4 games after he appeals his 6 game suspension. I'd also be worried about some coaches being labeled as guilty of negligence or whatever that Sean Payton was with the bounty shit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-deflating/
    Lol. That is just pure spite from someone whos team lost to them fair and square.

Or are you going to say that it actually effected the game?

Why should brady be suspended without actual evidence of him demanding illegal activity? Where is his text saying "I want them illegally underinflated"? How do you know he even knew about the rule?

Or is it just anger about your team losing to them in the big one fair and square?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    I laugh at people thinking Brady is going to be suspended.
    It is pretty hilarious, from an outsiders perspective. He did nothing quantifiably against the rules.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/stat...19458747256832
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Gumboy;33677182]Yes, communication. but he never once said "Put them illegally low" or "I like them lower than is legal"

I'm not a pats fan. Its a ridiculous fucking "Scandal" that losers bitched about after they got their asses kicked, or the teams that had to go against them in the super bowl and pissed that they lost.

Should have run it and maybe it wouldnt be an issue "

So much easier to spew this than read what was said. Or a rational person can read page after page of what went on and if have a single ounce of common sense after seeing talk of items, signatures the actual 50,000 record ball (not the one displayed as such) and jersey and come a conclusion in a three way relay it was know exactly what was wanted.

Aside from that how would you know what was or wasn't said? Were you standing there? I wasn't, that is why I now or back then when this whole thing first broke never said "Brady said to only pump them to 11 lbs".

Don't think he should be sat for any games or anything of the sort and don't think he will unless they were to try and throw in the film thing but even then that had nothing to do with the three guys mentioned so it should not factor in to anything IMO but something should be handed down. There really is alot more that people could take in from reading somewhere round pages 75 or so to think was round 130 but we all will view anything in a diffrent light but that is what makes stupid crap like this fun while there are no games to watch

Not sure where you came up with sour grapes cuz I only saying the same thing I said when the story came out but I would no doubt agree on the run that rock bit LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its "Just spewing it"

Then you weren't the type of person you are talking about. I am talking about the people that seem to think brady should miss games.

Were *YOU* standing there? What evidence is there that brady or ANYONE higher up in the org did anything wrong? Oh, there is none, after this long of a private investigation, and yet people *STILL* want brady suspended?

*THAT* is sour grapes. Period. There is no evidence that he intedned to do anything illegal. He did not tell them "Put it at 11.5 PSI!!!!" or "Put it under the legal limit"
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    we all will view anything in a diffrent light but that is what makes stupid crap like this fun while there are no games to watch
    After being on the internet reading about this whole mess all this time now (and BOY do you find out who your freinds are on nights like this when you are a Patriots fan on the internet) there's basically 2 ways to read this Wells report: Either you go along with the narrative the report tries to portray OR you see it as a desperate attempt to produce a villain where there is absolutely zero evidence for it.

And that's it. Because there's no hard evidence and because the report does it best to produce the narrative it concludes with you can BOTH read it and say the Patriots are getting shafted AND read it and say the Patriots are foul cheaters.

And since most people will go into reading the report with their minds made up (that's just how people are) most will find in the report the conclusion they wanted to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't say "ITS JUST COMMON SENSE THAT BRADY KNEW!!!" when there is *NO* evidence of it.

Its actually kind of hilarious. Should we "just know" when anyone is doing anything wrong even though there is no evidence?

- - - Updated - - -

After being on the internet reading about this whole mess all this time now (and BOY do you find out who your freinds are on nights like this when you are a Patriots fan on the internet) there's basically 2 ways to read this Wells report: Either you go along with the narrative the report tries to portray OR you see it as a desperate attempt to produce a villain where there is absolutely zero evidence for it.

And that's it. Because there's no hard evidence and because the report does it best to produce the narrative it concludes with you can BOTH read it and say the Patriots are getting shafted AND read it and say the Patriots are foul cheaters.

And since most people will go into reading the report with their minds made up (that's just how people are) most will find in the report the conclusion they wanted to see.
    IF the report had said "Brady instructed them to put it under the legal limit" I would gladly say it was a big deal. He didn't. End of story.

And yet, you still get people yapping about how its a big deal that he did not want them at 16psi. Hilarious.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...championsh.pdf

Since you don't want to look through it all and have an informed thought process Gumboy try scrolling down to page 88 and 89 read those 5 texts then mid paragraph which is only a very small portion of what he actually got from Brady.

Maybe then you will read the rest of them and what was given out of kindness of his heart. Here ya go ballboy, this is the football and jersey I used on the pass that got me 50,000..." LMAO get real dude

My point being is they somehow knew exactly and it is in the dudes text exactly what he wanted. Or did he really want 11 and 1/2 pairs of shoes??? He already sent him the size so no he did not mean 11 1/2 size.

EDIT and yes I totally agree Xskarma most have their minds made up and they won't take 10 min to read a bit so they can be at east somewhat informed when they post. I personally do not think he should have to sit but I do think something should be handed down after reading all that crap I feel it is justfied to get a fine. at least Xskaram is rational and sees both sides of a topic even being a homer

On real news what do others think about the whole La'el Collins deal? I think the dude got so screwed. He at no point has be called a suspect and his pateraty test came back neg but with all that stuff happening at the draft he went from going to get drafted in 1st round and sign for millions to going underafted. Even if he signs as a Rookie free agent isn't there a cap on what he can get? On the plus size he can get a new contract a year sooner than if drafted but dang that is a heck of a hit to take.
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2015-05-07 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...championsh.pdf

Since you don't want to look through it all and have an informed thought process Gumboy try scrolling down to page 88 and 89 read those 5 texts then mid paragraph which is only a very small portion of what he actually got from Brady.

Maybe then you will read the rest of them and what was given out of kindness of his heart. Here ya go ballboy, this is the football and jersey I used on the pass that got me 50,000..." LMAO get real dude

My point being is they somehow knew exactly and it is in the dudes text exactly what he wanted. Or did he really want 11 and 1/2 pairs of shoes??? He already sent him the size so no he did not mean 11 1/2 size.

EDIT and yes I totally agree Xskarma most have their minds made up and they won't take 10 min to read a bit so they can be at east somewhat informed when they post. I personally do not think he should have to sit but I do think something should be handed down after reading all that crap I feel it is justfied to get a fine. at least Xskaram is rational and sees both sides of a topic even being a homer

On real news what do others think about the whole La'el Collins deal? I think the dude got so screwed. He at no point has be called a suspect and his pateraty test came back neg but with all that stuff happening at the draft he went from going to get drafted in 1st round and sign for millions to going underafted. Even if he signs as a Rookie free agent isn't there a cap on what he can get? On the plus size he can get a new contract a year sooner than if drafted but dang that is a heck of a hit to take.
    So essentially what you are saying is, there is no hard evidence, and you are taking circumstantial evidence as absolute proof.

Do you think that brady only signed shit for this one guy? Rofl.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, before you accuse me of not "Having an informed thought process" I've probably read a lot more of it then you. Pretty funny how the texts between workers talked shit about the "Bosses" just like at my job!

At least I understand the difference in "Evidence" and "Garbage they put out to try to make someone look bad but has no bindings in reality"

Shit if you had your way every crime in the country would be solved overnight. Just put you in charge of the evidence, and you decide whos guilty, who cares if its conclusive!

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way, since you seem so intent on "Its such a terrible thing! They cheated to win games!!!"

How much of a difference do you think it actually made? Why did the patriots continue to shit stomp the other team after the "Balls were correct"?

This is a big deal because a whiny team that got curb stomped bitched about something that had no bearing on the game.

Oh Shit. Take away the packers NFL title.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-overinflated/

Smoking. Gun.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    La'el Collins got shafted by life. He ha dno contact with that woman since September, kid wasn't his, and he took a polygraph test to confirm he had nothing to do with the whole case. Had this happened 2 weeks later, he'd have allready been drafted, had this happened 2 weeks earlier he could have cleared his name in time (though he might still have taken a hit on his draft position), but it didn't, it happened RIGHT as the draft was going to be held and he got screwed over.

Best thing he can hope for is to go to a team where he has a high chance of starting and a high chance of getting to the post season. That's his ticket to getting at least some kind of pay back on the money he could have gotten. There's bonus points to teams that have not spent much of their money they have set aside to sign undrafted rookies, that are willing to spend that cash they have on him.

This is an interesting read about some of the contract/financial things pertaining to Collins that can and can't happen: http://www.patsfans.com/salary-cap/?p=1734

10+ Year Old Account
    La'el Collins got shafted by life. He ha dno contact with that woman since September, kid wasn't his, and he took a polygraph test to confirm he had nothing to do with the whole case. Had this happened 2 weeks later, he'd have allready been drafted, had this happened 2 weeks earlier he could have cleared his name in time (though he might still have taken a hit on his draft position), but it didn't, it happened RIGHT as the draft was going to be held and he got screwed over.

Best thing he can hope for is to go to a team where he has a high chance of starting and a high chance of getting to the post season. That's his ticket to getting at least some kind of pay back on the money he could have gotten. There's bonus points to teams that have not spent much of their money they have set aside to sign undrafted rookies, that are willing to spend that cash they have on him.

This is an interesting read about some of the contract/financial things pertaining to Collins that can and can't happen: http://www.patsfans.com/salary-cap/?p=1734
    Yeah, pretty terrible that this happened to him if he had nothing to do with it. HE will still make more in a year then I do in like three so I'm not going to cry over it
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, pretty terrible that this happened to him if he had nothing to do with it. HE will still make more in a year then I do in like three so I'm not going to cry over it
    With added benefit that he gets to choose his own team. At his current cost pretty much every team wants him, so it's basically up to him what combination of team succes, starter potential, what position he gets to play (he might want to be a tackle exclusively and join a team that will let him, even though he's projected as a better guard prospect then tackle), the extra money he gets paid in signing, the place he gets to play (I know Florida for instance has nice tax laws for athletes and there's also the weather to consider in some places), etc. etc.

I think there's probably a few athletes that wouldn't mind giving up some cash to get to make a choice in those things.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really get it though, cause reportedly his first visit is to the Cowboys, which is probably the team with allready the best O-line AND they allready drafted an O-lineman quite high as well. You'd think he'd be riding the bench there most likely. It's definitely not the first team I would consider to visit.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing he really has going for him, as you said, is that he can kind of pick where he wants to go since there is a cap to how much he can get paid as an undrafted FA. Otherwise, if he is completely cleared of this stuff, it's too bad he got dragged alongside it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being that all you think was given was a normal signature on a photo or that all that was in the page after of page of texts was shit talking about their boss like all of us do in itself shows you may have missed a few pages while you read through it which I may have as well cuz I read the ENTIRE thing (first day off in 2 months ).

Edit I shouldn't say entire but I did read every interview every text and every lab/sci report. So ya a fair bit of it

Not sure where you get me finding people guilty but looking at everything to say he knew nothing is fucking laughable. It is easier to just move on and say we disagree lol.

On Collins the whole thing may work out for the best being able to choose his landing spot and depending on where if no state text that helps. If can get some deep playoof cash would be good too and being able to sign a big contract a year sooner (if he plays well which he really should I think) is a huge boost too.

Just a messed up deal it ruined his dream of getting his name called and all the stuff that goes with that whole deal. The cash it cost him can be made up but all the killer memories a person would get from that for you and your family that part sucks.
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2015-05-07 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read an interesting article about teams that show a greater tendency to extend UFAs, but the key will be to go where the opportunity is. He got screwed over pretty badly, hopefully he can rebound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Read an interesting article about teams that show a greater tendency to extend UFAs, but the key will be to go where the opportunity is. He got screwed over pretty badly, hopefully he can rebound.
    Have a link to it? I'm always up for interesting articles.

Something that occured to me while reading earlier, he can't meet with teams till May 9th (cause that's when LSU has their graduation thingy and they can't meet with people before then apparently if they are not drafted), so he's allready behind on most rookies since most of them start today (Thursday) with getting into the swing of things.

We had a similar situation with a Stanford player last year. They have a VERY late graduation day, and he couldn't join the team untill that day had passed. It's definitely not ideal when you are a rookie and time to learn everything is short anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://overthecap.com/what-can-lael-...ed-free-agent/

Losing time for graduations is nothing compared to the idiotic holdouts that used to be commonplace.

and they have a nice one about the racism baloney

http://overthecap.com/lesean-mccoy-t...ho-cried-wolf/

My favorite part, echoes some things I've said about Cooper
    Cooper was the 110th rated receiver…out of 110 receivers last year according to PFF, but all that means is that they made a big mistake signing him to an extension. What does McCoy want though? Does he want Kelly to cut Cooper this year with $6.2 million in dead money cap hit if the Eagles cut him, but a $4.8 million cap hit if Cooper’s on the team? So McCoy wants them to waste $1.4 million to what? Prove that Chip Kelly is not only not a racist, but also a moronic businessman?
    Last edited by draynay; 2015-05-07 at 06:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My favorite rumor atm is Chip Kelly trying to become coach of the Titans. His trades raised the level of unpredictability so much that reporters feel okay saying he's trading himself.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.