Deleted

How close do you have to be to soak EXP?

One of Abathur's greatest strengths is that he gets EP for dying enemy minions next to his body AND for those dying next to his symbiose target (in addition to killing blows from locusts and mines), giving him the chance to soak EP in two lanes at the same time.

Where to stand with Abathur is not always an easy decision since your are quite vulnerable when you are outside your fortifications (and even inside if enemy really wants to kill you). Especially in the beginning of a match you will probably stand close to the outer fort of the lane you want to passively farm EP.

My question is: Is this close enough, when
    - your minions plus locust kill the enemy minions in the center of the lane
    - directly at the enemies' outer fort
    - even further down the lane, once the fort has fallen

I know it always is as long as I have a symbiosis on one of the minions next to the kill. I talk about the distance of Abathur's body when I am in symbiosis far away, supporting my team.

I'll be interested to get a definitive answer too - I've always assumed the minion needs to be in your vision range, just to be safe. I suspect it's further than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    I'll be interested to get a definitive answer too - I've always assumed the minion needs to be in your vision range, just to be safe. I suspect it's further than that.
    I think it's not much further than that. I mean - with Abathur I usually get significantly more EP than my teammates, but if the EP soaking range would allow EP gain from behind your fortification up to the enemy's fort, you should end up with almost double the EP of your teammates as long as you play hat in another lane all the time. That doesn't happen (at least in my games) and would be rather OP to be honest.
    Vision range sounds reasonable and would allow that double EP only as long as you place the little slug in a bush directly next to the action - vulnerable to the enemy.