Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Well, I hope this is just the first step to do something with the current state of PvP.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

RBGs are a god damn joke now as well. Playing 1950-2200cr and team fights are just out of CONTROL long now. Instead of trying to kill a healer or 2 then move onto a DPS, you essentially are having to wait till all 3 healers are oom, then pick a DPS to kill with CC's out on a few... inc stealth teams

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Does this change benefit any builds in any way?

'Tanky' builds for example are they better now? Say Warlock?
    It definitely helps comps that focus on CC and longer fights compared to cleave teams that just try to burst with CDs. I don't really think it helps any one class more than any other in a dueling situation, but it does change things a little in arenas. As for Warlocks specifically, they're kind of hurt in that it'll be easier to heal through their spread pressure now, but they're also less viable targets, which is saying something because they were already hard to kill. Overall in 3s I'd say it helps Warlocks compared to like Warriors, Ferals, DKs and Rets, but it hurts them compared to Rogues, Hunters and all the healer teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    RBGs are a god damn joke now as well.
    So no change there, eh?

Holinka refuses to nerf humans so he nerfs everything else to make humans balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

When I see things like this being done, facepalm is the only thing I can do. A few classes were doing too much damage and/or had too much burst, so they'll reduce everyone's damage by 10%? Fixed...I don't think so. Whoever approved that change should be fired because they're not doing their job.

I think blizzard's success with this game has long since sapped its motivation to provide well-designed game mechanics, synergy between various classes rather than homogenization and such. Funny how when you level up you get weaker in WoW...because you feel a lot stronger at 90 than you will at 100 regardless of what class you play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Holinka refuses to nerf humans so he nerfs everything else to make humans balanced.
    Really? Got beat in a duel by a human and think it was their race that provided them the win? Humans get roughly 2% more of a stat from being able to equip a second DPS trinket...but now that there are trinkets with versatility on them available to ALL players, there's almost no benefit to being a human in pvp.

I think Blizzard should add an mechanic to every spell, allowing it to work different in PVP and PVE. Just as [Colossus Smash], otherwise there will be no way to balance PVP without affecting PVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    I think Blizzard should add an mechanic to every spell, allowing it to work different in PVP and PVE. Just as [Colossus Smash], otherwise there will be no way to balance PVP without affecting PVE.
    At this point this is really the only way for them to balance PvP properly.

At this point they also have to change PvP gear in all honesty. As long as there's still gear disparity between ratings and seasons, PvP will never be balanced.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I thought that was the weirdest patch note ever.

I mean... it can't be EVERY class/spec that was dying too fast to EVERY other class/spec...? I mean couldn't they just have figured out which classes were suddenly blowing others away and selectively done it? Not that I care if my output is 10% lower.

It's just a very weird way to try to balance, in that it's not even an attempt to balance. It's just an attempt to keep everyone alive 10% longer, basically.
    This exactly! There is realy no point nerfing overral damage they better catch some outliners out there. Not saying the balance is shit in general just hinting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Also agree with this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Already coming back on their baseline resilience idea? :X This just shows how little PvP testing really went into the beta.

OT: It was because damage for alot of classes was over the top. Ofcourse this change will help some of those classes either way since it'll up their stupid survivability even more...
    What did you expect? They threw out the "bigger hp pools" a long time ago and some classes are as bursty of not more so than they were in MoP.

They try to fix a fleshwound with a bandaid.