Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn you guys are dropping more assists than steph curry

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    I've tried this trick on a normal pug, can someone please check my log and tell me if it worked? (i got 2 penetrating shots during the fight) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/n1VTyMbzAp7GKcZw

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgard View Post
    I've tried this trick on a normal pug, can someone please check my log and tell me if it worked? (i got 2 penetrating shots during the fight)[/url]
    It looks like you took damage both times.
    • 4:53 - 27341 damage (54360 absorbed)
    • 5:23 - 31774 damage (82607 absorbed)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kakinator View Post
    It looks like you took damage both times.
    • 4:53 - 27341 damage (54360 absorbed)
    • 5:23 - 31774 damage (82607 absorbed)
    Mmm i think those 2 shots were not casted directly on me. I analyzed my log, and I found out I got my 2 penetrating shots at 5:15 and 5:52, so.... i guess it worked?

The first Penetrating Shot you took damage from was not yours. The second one you took damage from was yours though. As you can see on the link that I posted below, the damage taken follows directly after the Penetrating Shot debuff falls off. The second penetrating shot debuff did not result in any damage taken though. Did you react differently to the second debuff compared to the second? (Cast drain life at a different time in the debuff, continued channeling through the debuff expiration, already channeling when the debuff was applied, etc)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...91&end=4049324

I can see it now,

"Fixed an issue where Drain Life was improperly affecting penetrating shot, nerfed corruption and immolate by 25% to compensate."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devilswim13 View Post
    The first Penetrating Shot you took damage from was not yours. The second one you took damage from was yours though. As you can see on the link that I posted below, the damage taken follows directly after the Penetrating Shot debuff falls off. The second penetrating shot debuff did not result in any damage taken though. Did you react differently to the second debuff compared to the second? (Cast drain life at a different time in the debuff, continued channeling through the debuff expiration, already channeling when the debuff was applied, etc)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...91&end=4049324
    Yep, if I remember correctly I interrupted and re-casted one of the two drain life casts

I see some tasty mechanics in this thread

Deleted
    I actually use Drain Life a lot recently. Especially for Blackhand when we pop Fox i just channel Drain Life untill Fox ends since you get HP + Fury and casting Shadowbold while Fox isnt worth it at all compared to Drail Life in my opinion. Drain Life also crits for 15-20k btw. Gonna test Drain Life at Maidens tomorrow, lets see if it really works :d

Tried it on mythic yesterday with no positive results at all, it always have seemed to hit me regardless what I did.
    I tried to channel it during the entire penetrating, I tried to do it just before it ended, tried to interrupt it mid cast and then recast it and none of them worked.
    So either I did something wrong or it had been hotfixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it in Heroic this week and it didn't work

Deleted
    We were doing it on heroic this week, and to my surprise it actually worked. Here's what happened:
    It was in the burn phase, we were out of BoP's and figured I'd just go for it after reading this thread.
    In the last second prior to it going off, i targeted admiral and casted it, and lo and behold, i managed to survive.

Would've posted logs, but since I'm new here i was unable to do so. You should be able to find them under the guild: Forsaken Bloodline EU if you're interested in what went down.