Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    It's a discussion on the imbalance between the two continents regarding raiding. It was also pointed out pretty early that said imbalance is not just at the cutting edge but also much lower down the progression curve and so the discussion has moved on; perhaps you could too.
    Says the guy who's 7/10M raiding 5 nights a week. My guild has killed the same number of bosses and we raid less than you, where is this discrepancy lower down in the progression curve that you claim exists?

There are less mythic NA guilds period and there are far less guilds raiding more than 3 nights a week. There is no skill difference between NA and EU, there's just more of you guys. Outside of Method/Paragon of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    Says the guy who's 7/10M raiding 5 nights a week. My guild has killed the same number of bosses and we raid less than you, where is this discrepancy lower down in the progression curve that you claim exists?

There are less mythic NA guilds period and there are far less guilds raiding more than 3 nights a week. There is no skill difference between NA and EU, there's just more of you guys. Outside of Method/Paragon of course.
    You seem to have quoted me without responding to me. Where have I said anything about one side having more skill than the other? I said the exact opposite. Or did you just accidentally click 'reply' on the wrong post?

US players just don't care enough compared to EU. It's not hard to see why more EU guilds rank higher when EU clearly has a much much higher pool of players to draw from (US population is irrelevant unless you want to tell me everyone in the US plays WoW and also wants to raid at that level).

The fact of the matter is almost no one in NA cares about raiding stupid hours. Raiding is not dead, we're just a lot more casual about it. It's a game for us, not a second seasonal job.
    I think this pretty much sums it up. EU guilds care more about hardcore raiding than US guilds do, which is more than fine.

Even the guild that BL and other members made up are "only" doing 5 days a week, so that's a hell of a drop off than what they did while in BL.

what's going on with ascension? i thought they would at least finish top10 this tier.

I miss the days of Death & Texas, they were fun to track and see their progress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    I think this pretty much sums it up. EU guilds care more about hardcore raiding than US guilds do, which is more than fine.

Even the guild that BL and other members made up are "only" doing 5 days a week, so that's a hell of a drop off than what they did while in BL.
    Yo I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish, but the European "5 days a week" guilds are already 10/10 on Mythic:
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/...+sail+for+fail

"unsere anforderungen" = "our requirements"

Während Progresszeiten 5 Abende die Woche Zeit um von 19:00 - 23:30 zum Raiden. (>90% Attendance)
    = during progress, to be able to raid 5 evenings per week from 7 PM to 11.30 PM with >90% attendance

No requirements about any alts either.
    Last edited by mmoc7ad773ef26; 2015-03-16 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticon View Post
    Yo I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish, but the European "5 days a week" guilds are already 10/10 on Mythic:

Während Progresszeiten 5 Abende die Woche Zeit um von 19:00 - 23:30 zum Raiden. (>90% Attendance)
    = during progress, to be able to raid 5 evenings per week from 7 PM to 11.30 PM with >90% attendance

Looks like they used the same exploit strat that Stars did. The one that Blizzard fixed that same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticon View Post

I'm trying to find the post where I said that there aren't 5 day EU guilds who killed Mythic Blackhand.

And nice work on giving me the one who apparently used the strat that was later fixed by Blizzard.

The battering ram thing was hotfixed on the 11th and they killed it on the 13th, that's the same day right?

Looks like they used the same exploit strat that Stars did. The one that Blizzard fixed that same day.
    It was never an exploit (just not something blizzard wanted to be done by rogues) and they did it with 3 tanks, having a BM tank the demo's instead of the rogues who'd likely die from it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    It was never an exploit (just not something blizzard wanted to be done by rogues) and they did it with 3 tanks, having a BM tank the demo's instead of the rogues who'd likely die from it now.
    We did it with 2 Tanks. (Double BM)

Quote Originally Posted by brakez View Post
    Hands down, Vanilla was the pinnacle of competition in the US. Though you couldn't server transfer (until late vanilla), and you needed more people (40), there were never so many elite PVE guilds in our country. To name just a few:

Death and Taxes
    Deus Vox
    Retribution
    vodka
    Same thought here. Naxxramas was wrecked by US guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Esna View Post
    I miss the days of Death & Texas, they were fun to track and see their progress.
    Agreed.

Back in those days, before EJ's site became super popular, the US Raid and Dungeon forum was THE hub for everything that went on in the raiding community. This was before tracking sites like wowprogress, so if your guild did something cool, you made a post about it on the RnD forum. Who can possibly forget Bloodshot's legendary DnT first kill posts? People tried harder to get on the first page of responses than they would for blue posts. And who could forget Gurgthock's posts? Whether or not he would agree, he really was the US raiding community's ambassador, and if there was something serious enough for him to make a post about it, hotfixes usually followed soon after. No surprise at all that he ended up in the position he's currently in.

I miss that forum, and the community feeling we had back then. It was an amazing time to be a raider.