Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    A DK don't lose to a feral if they're equally skilled.
    This is a player issue.

I play feral and i hate incarnation because it's a brainless, strong burst and i want that nerfed, and forest buffed, but a DK losing to a feral is just terrible and has nothing to do with them being OP:P
    Depends on the fight. If it's a BG/Arena, then Feral should win. DKs are THE easiest class to kite and Ferals are one of THE best kiters. Put 2 and 2 together.

Stack the dots, do the damage. Low on HP? Stun/Vortex/Root/Cyclone DK and Displacer Beast/Stampeding Roar/Dash out and heal. If the DK has Death Pact, they could only heal every 2m and if they have Conversion it'll be even easier because they won't have RP to heal themselves.

DoT/kite and the DK will die breaking his keyboard in rage.

The only time a good DK will beat a good Feral are in duels where the Ferals aren't as free to kite.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

It true Feral does insane dmg and healing too (I play all 11 classes) and DK's are easy kitable but you shouldn't lose to a Feral as Frost DK (if equally geared ofc). He will run to heal but in the long run you should win. Just time your Stuns and Death Grip, stay in Blood Presence, spam Deathstrikes and spam Dark Simulacrums too(hopefully you copy a rejuvenation/healing touch)
    Last edited by Patife17; 2015-03-16 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    it true feral does insane dmg and healing too (i play all 11 classes) and dk's are easy kitable but you shouldn't lose to a feral as frost dk (if equally geared ofc). He will run to heal but in the long run you should win. Just time your stuns and death grip, stay in blood presence, spam deathstrikes and spam dark simulacrums too(hopefully you copy a rejuvenation/healing touch)
    yes yes this!!! Award this man an oscar! Damn it ! >=o

10+ Year Old Account
    + passive reduction / short defensive reduction cd
    - powershift.
    =

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing one recently, the damage output during CDs is pretty ridiculous. Then again it feels more like a glass cannon than a Mage atm, in that if I get stunned or focused I'm very likely to drop in about 5 seconds. They have a lot of output, but their defenses are pitiful at best. Most Warrior/DKs/Rets feel strong against them just because of how quick they can chunk down your HP, especially DKs.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I disagree. Ever since Feral lost Barkskin, they've never really been good. Damage is really the only thing that spec has. I mean yeah sure they hit hard and are basically immune to slows, but they're so vulnerable against stuns. And unlike Rogues, they don't have a spammable damage reduction ability or Evasion. Feral sucks, I don't understand why people think they're good.
    Can tell from that your trolling, healing is rediculous and ammount of cc is superr!

same counts for rogue/hunter so the 3 Op classes atm realy need some spanks, but who am I to say anything, blizz loves you guys<3

edit: No, I don't only play Shadow, I play almost all classes in pvp and some things are just sooo lame atm.

Shame but true rip pvp, unless you play 1 of these.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2015-03-16 at 02:29 PM.

all these 1500 2's heroes need their own forum section to go to. every post in this entire topic is just 'QQ i got 1v1d by a class that counters mine'' ''blizz plz remove pillars from arenas so we can all just run at eachother dk mode''

the game is not balanced around 1v1 or 2v2 (AT ALL) holinka himself has posted that the only pvp balance they do is for 3v3 and rbgs, if you're not playing an op 2's comp then dont complain when you lose, simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Can tell from that your trolling, healing is rediculous and ammount of cc is superr!
    Not really true anymore. If it were Cataclysm, I'd agree. But Ferals these days are closer to Warriors/DK playstyle. They're basically just tunnel bots now. All they can do is train a target and when they get inevitably focused, they just run. Running = no pressure. That's the problem with Ferals is that they need to constantly run in order to survive where as mindless classes like Warrior/DK just tank the damage and continue mashing damage.

I get it that Ferals deal a lot of damage. But if you take that away, they're basically worthless. People just don't understand this, they think that you just "nerf feral damage and game is balanced gg." By nerfing Feral damage, all you do is make Rogues/DK's/Warriors indirectly more powerful while removing Ferals from the game.

The best way to "nerf feral" is to fix the meta and punish melee across the board.

Been playing one recently, the damage output during CDs is pretty ridiculous. Then again it feels more like a glass cannon than a Mage atm, in that if I get stunned or focused I'm very likely to drop in about 5 seconds. They have a lot of output, but their defenses are pitiful at best. Most Warrior/DKs/Rets feel strong against them just because of how quick they can chunk down your HP, especially DKs.
    This is 100% true. People just don't understand this about Ferals. Ever since the spec lost barkskin, its never been as good defensively anymore.

The problem with feral is healing and free root-shifting. Make heals cost... something? energy? mana? put a 10s cd on healing touch / rejuv?, make root-shifting have a 10-30 second cooldown. Class fixed. I honestly dont mind if a feral does damage but this whole "Imma hybrid so I do your damage AND get heals" thing has to go.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    The problem with feral is healing and free root-shifting. Make heals cost... something? energy? mana? put a 10s cd on healing touch / rejuv?, make root-shifting have a 10-30 second cooldown. Class fixed. I honestly dont mind if a feral does damage but this whole "Imma hybrid so I do your damage AND get heals" thing has to go.
    This so much.. got a response on my previous post with ofc a this is not true bullshit. Getting tired of ferals defending it constantly.. immune to poly and able to get out of roots.. yes it csost a gcd but make a macro with shapeshift and if you click ot fast enough you barely notice that gcd.

A internal cooldown on that would be a nice touch.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is a really good post imo, and its partly why i think shifting should as well. but also keep in mind that a shift nerf would as a bi-product lower feral damage via up time. cant nerf damage mobility and survivability in one swoop.. the class isnt that strong.

a shift nerf would as a bi-product lower feral damage via up time.
    That's part of the intent though; In an ideal world no melee should be able to have close to 100% uptime, and no ranged should be able to run while nuking and tanking 3 people (I hate you warlocks~). It's all part of the arms race that ability prune was meat to solve, but... Well. Failed. If I had to go further I'd go ahead and nerf healing across the board (hybrids and healers alike, although on a case by case basis and not with a lazy blanket nerf), do something about hunters (eating an interrupt disarms you?), remove root shifting / burst of skill and -all- casting while moving. I'd also say those instant healing touches have to go, but... Eh. If a druid gets to be rooted / slowed at least 20% of the time I dont suppose that'll be as bothersome any more!

With less healing and a proper counter-game of 'ranged uses their roots/ limited cooldowns right or get shredded by melee in seconds WITHOUT anyone able to sh*t full hp bars in 2 seconds for no mana' the game would be back on track, but we all know that aint gonna happen cause whoever is in charge of class balance has snorted so much powderized money they now make changes based on the whimsies of underpants gnomes in their head. That I assume all play resto druids and hunters.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2015-03-18 at 04:13 AM.

Feral need root breaker 'cause' all the damage comes from melee range with complicated mechanics.
    Sure, remove the root breaker, in return you need to do one of these :
    - Dash need lower CD ( 30sec maybe )
    - Increase the range some of the skills ( 10-15yard )
    - Give instant long range CC

The healing is Feral defensive form
    I think it's annoying for Feral user too.
    I'll trade the healing nerf with Barkskin or SI usability when stun

Deleted
    I like how everyone ignores how the OP healed himself up easily several times over and he himself doesn't see a problem with that but only with the feral killing him anyway...

I was always in favor of nerfing shifting, and I like some of the ideas presented in this thread. Personally, I would go back to the way it was in cata where they would use stampeding roar/dash to get out of roots, otherwise they are stuck. In addition, it would be funner if they went back to a reliance on bleeds. Ferals used to be thoroughly enjoyable when you had at least some decisions to make. Use rip instead of ferocious? Savage roar? Should I go bear and root this guy? I'm getting rooted, maybe I should use my predatory strikes on an entangle to keep him in place? At the moment, it isn't worth doing anything interesting. And as long as they have their one-shot, they'll be seen as a joke class. It is saddening how much I can counter casters without really doing anything but shifting and staying on them.

And I would want them to have barkskin back to compensate. Anticipating stuns and popping survival instincts is cool, but they would need some help to stay viable.

I also remember a thing from vanilla where when you shifted into cat form you had no energy. That could be another potential fix to root-shifting. You'll be able to do it but at a price!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's part of the intent though;
    ofc.. thats why imo if you get them on that AND healing w/o giving them a short defensive (ideally one that can be applied to partners), you're effectively killing the class since they have so little utility. across the board hybrid healing nerf is overkill agianst some classes that dont really have an abrasive hot.

meh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThirteenthWorstGamer View Post
    [bla],
    this is a DEATH KNIGHT talking.
    Does anybody agree with me that Ferals may need a bit of a nerf..?
    Omg boohoo some class KILLED my overpowered and unkillable class in a 1v1, they must be nerfed... -_-

...And yes, they do need a nerf, but not for the reason you're bringing forward. Their damage is too high and their burst damage (incarnation) is much too high.

Deleted
    Feral:
    a) got nerfed
    b) ->
    if feral is stunned / trained than
    he dies
    end if.

For all ppl talking bout "fix" on ferals: I strongly vote for nerfing the incarnation burst; however... give back survival buff!!! Playing 2s vs warror / dk = litterly death.

Exactly. It's a bit ridiculous, and I can't believe so many people defend it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    The problem with ferals, in my view, is that they get a free snare with every attack that they do not need. A class with the kind of mobility a druid has should not be capable of slowing opponents down. Damage? Fine, whatever, let them have it...but making it so they move faster than you, can shift out of roots and snares AND get to slow you with every hit seems like a bit too much. You are effectively rooted.

The old "game is not balanced around 1v1" is a silly comment that needs to stop being parroted.

The game is not balanced, period, and that is fine. Balance is not the goal, what should be the goal is a limitation on the magnitude of imbalances. What does that mean? It means that it's perfectly fine for one class to have some advantage over another in 1v1, but no class should have such a high advantage that the other class has little or not chance of winning (assuming equal gear and skill levels).

Not saying that this FDK didn't get outplayed here, but a druid's mobility advantage is far too great for the way pvp is now and needs to be reigned in. I don't think feral or boomy druids should be able to shift out of snares more than once every 8 seconds, and ferals should not have any kind of auto-snare on their attacks.
    I completely agree.