Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arcane really that good on single target?

Hello mages. My question is as the title states; is arcane really that good on ST fights?
    Im fairly new to arcane so i do make some rotation mistakes, but my dps shouldnt be that bad.
    As fire i usually im usually on the top of the meter, but as arcane im falling behind.
    I have about 70% mastery buffed, is that low maybe?

Deleted
    When played properly yes, Arcane is the strong single-target spec. The two other specs 'work' but don't really compare to how much Arcane can do on one target.

70% mastery buffed is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Myxel View Post
    When played properly yes, Arcane is the strong single-target spec. The two other specs 'work' but don't really compare to how much Arcane can do on one target.
    ASSUMING that there's low-to-no movement. Arcane will not perform too well on high-movement/fights with tons of tiny movement fights.

PS: This is an objective statement about Arcane as a whole, not comparatively to T17 fights.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

That might be my problem; I’m probably moving too much. Can’t recall one fight in BRF that doesn’t require some movement.
    If 70% mastery is high, do you recommend me to continue stacking mastery or start focusing on some other stat?

Deleted
    Mastery is always king

Deleted
    Arcane if played properly is best choice for single target and there is no single target boss with too much movement for arcane in BRF. It is all about knowing the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    Arcane if played properly is best choice for single target and there is no single target boss with too much movement for arcane in BRF. It is all about knowing the fight.
    I'd say more about RNG. All the fights that are ST usually have ton of movement for you if you're unlucky and no movement at all if you're lucky (looking at you Gruul/Flamebender).

Deleted
    I have very few fights where I really struggle with Arcane's mobility issues. But yes, it is. With some upgrades I'm pushing a steady 40K+ now, and I still make mistakes in my rotation as I'm used to Frost all the way. Don't get me started on fire

Icy floes is your friend. Use it whenever you have to move and save one charge in case you have to position far from your Rune.

You can easily do great dps on bosses such as Blackhand even tho it requires movement. Arcane is godly with no movement, but is still great even if you do have to move a bit.

Deleted
    The movement aspect of Arcane isn't so much a problem as it was before however, I mean we're no longer necessarily bound by RoP since mana regen is baseline and Incanter's Flow is still a viable choice - Ice Floes is used pretty much 100% and so we have a lot of room to be flexible while doing a lot of damage, fights like Blackhand shows this. Unless the movement is way too heavy then Arcane will be the best choice for single-target damage in higher gear levels with proper amounts of mastery/haste.

Deleted
    Any cleave go fire. Any ST (Kromog/Ore/Gruul/Blackie) go Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    ASSUMING that there's low-to-no movement. Arcane will not perform too well on high-movement/fights with tons of tiny movement fights.

PS: This is an objective statement about Arcane as a whole, not comparatively to T17 fights.
    Why do you keep saying it all the time, yet you have abondoned your beloved frost spec in favour of arcane/fire?
    Arcane is fine on single target, low or high movement doesn't matter at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Blackhand Mythic low movement?
    Yes. /10char

I'm trying to figure out T17 fights where you wouldn't use fire and movement is an issue for arcane. I really can't figure it out.

There isn't a single fight in BRF that you should be playing frost on. Personally i could never play frost in BRF just because im screwing over my guildies, seeing how i could of been doing a lot more dps with arcane/fire. People who play frost is either a casual who doesn't care too much about mythic progression, or is simply not good enough to adapt and learn Arcane/fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuhdo View Post
    Why do you keep saying it all the time, yet you have abondoned your beloved frost spec in favour of arcane/fire?
    Pretty much this. Arcane will obviously find itself in cast times/channels more than fire and frost. With solid play however, it doesn't matter. Just understand the fight and play around possible movement as much as you can.

Yes arcane is at least 10percent higher than other specs when properly set up. It took our mages a few weeks to learn, but now they are consistently top on stand still fights.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Vuhdo View Post
    I like Fire too, and I only go Arcane for Kromog cuz my guild sucks at hand DPS.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.