Single Target as Combat :( Help me with sub!!!

Ok ladies and gents, I came back to WoW about 5 months ago. Started playing my rogue as assassination and then moved to combat.

Raiding heroic BRF content now (5/10) and on the AOE fights, I'm doing good dps (near the top of the raid). On single target however, my numbers are not where I would like them to be (sorry I don't have logs here). So I switched my alt spec to sub with the hopes of improving my ST dps. After several single target boss fights (Gruul and Kromog) my combat damage on single target is still higher overall than my sub single target damage. I am using he rotations off of icy-veins for both specs, but I will admit I am not as proficient yet with sub as I have been with combat.

I can't link my amory since I have not posted enough here I guess, but please check out my gear at Mortipherus - Lightbringer (ilvl 675) , and obviously most of my gear has been obtained to build the combat spec. So my questions are these:

1. With my current gear and stats (see below for unbuffed stats in each spec), should I be doing more single target damage in sub than I am doing in combat? If so, then I would assume that I am obviously screwing up the rotation? If I should be doing more damage as sub on ST, anyone take a rough guess as to how much more? Is my gear to far out of whack to do optimal damage in sub (9.86% crit in sub )

My secondary stats in combat are (in order of priority): 24.96% haste (IS THIS HIGH ENOUGH?); 9.64% multi; 19.73%crit; 28.51% mast......AP = 6798 and Agi = 4532

My secondary stats in sub are (in order of priority): 9.86% crit ( which i am guessin is WAY TOO LOW); 42.76% mast; 19.73% crit; 24.02% haste......AP = 5212.....Agi = 5212

Any constructive criticism is much appreciated. Really wanna switch to sub on the appropriate fights and increase my dps, but I'm failing to do that. Trying to identify my shortcomings with it.

Thanks in advance,

Mort

Did not read everything you posted , but I can tell you one thing , multistrike pulls ahead for combat for AoE fights anyway , so why bother going for haste? Swap your enchants from haste to multistrike , it might help your sub spec aswell ;p

"My secondary stats in sub are (in order of priority): 9.86% crit ( which i am guessin is WAY TOO LOW); 42.76% mast; 19.73% crit; 24.02% haste......AP = 5212.....Agi = 5212"

This above quote is wrong and an error on my part.

Secondary stats are as follows for SUB: 9.86% multi; 42.76% mast; 19.73% crit; 24.02% haste; 5212 for both Agi and AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InFlames- View Post
    Did not read everything you posted , but I can tell you one thing , multistrike pulls ahead for combat for AoE fights anyway , so why bother going for haste? Swap your enchants from haste to multistrike , it might help your sub spec aswell ;p
    This is interesting and something I lazily enough didn't know. Mind pointing me to some numbers?

Wries just use shadowcraft yourself. Add bladeflurry and additional targets -> watch multistrike become your number one stat.

Rogues running combat/sub should be full multistrike geared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesleri View Post
    Wries just use shadowcraft yourself. Add bladeflurry and additional targets -> watch multistrike become your number one stat.

Rogues running combat/sub should be full multistrike geared.
    Holy darn. Have missed the "boss adds"-option. Already at one target multistrike almost pulled ahead. Punching myself in the face for not knowing this. As I go subt for true single target fights, I'll agree it makes total sense to aim for multistrike.

Anyway, not gonna hijack your thread OP. I'll just mention that even with my for subt, suboptimal gear that is really heavy on haste, I've been able to pull better numbers in subt than I have for combat. Just make sure to ALWAYS keep a bleed up (use glyphed hemo to overlap rupture and keep attention to what happens with rupture when multistrike procs) as it is quite a bit of DPS-loss if all bleeds fall off. Pool energy before vanish and shadow dance and drink agility pot if possible during a shadow dance that you have timed with shadow reflection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Holy darn. Have missed the "boss adds"-option. Already at one target multistrike almost pulled ahead. Punching myself in the face for not knowing this. As I go subt for true single target fights, I'll agree it makes total sense to aim for multistrike.

Anyway, not gonna hijack your thread OP. I'll just mention that even with my for subt, suboptimal gear that is really heavy on haste, I've been able to pull better numbers in subt than I have for combat. Just make sure to ALWAYS keep a bleed up (use glyphed hemo to overlap rupture and keep attention to what happens with rupture when multistrike procs) as it is quite a bit of DPS-loss if all bleeds fall off. Pool energy before vanish and shadow dance and drink agility pot if possible during a shadow dance that you have timed with shadow reflection.
    With 2 pc you dont need to pool for dance anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    With 2 pc you dont need to pool for dance anymore.
    i still pool from 0 energy to 60 then use shadowdance when it's off cd :>
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swatdawgz View Post
    Secondary stats are as follows for SUB: 9.86% multi
    Without logs, this is gonna be the biggest issue you have. That's very low for sub. I'm sitting at almost 30% multistrike unbuffed... granted I'm 13 ilvls above you, but still, you need multistrike gear to perform well as sub.

Agreed ^

OP, don't put too much pressure on yourself. Without MS gear, your Combat spec will likely pull ahead on single target. That's not to say that there is nothing you could to do to play Sub better, just that, until you're geared properly, Sub dps will just be frustratingly low.

I know because I'm in the same position. I'm overloaded on Haste, and my Sub spec is truly "sub".

the only fight where multistrike > haste for combat would be operator thogar and maybe phase 2 blast furnace

for me at least, haste is still ahead or equivalent to multistrike when there are 3 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontu View Post
    the only fight where multistrike > haste for combat would be operator thogar and maybe phase 2 blast furnace

for me at least, haste is still ahead or equivalent to multistrike when there are 3 targets.
    I managed to get 95 percentile around rank 900 with haste build for thogar as combat. So I'm not sure that multistrike is all that better. Of course it might be that the people above me were there because they had multistrike
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/2Qhk8qVxHfzvyBTg#fight=6&view=rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Holycrap1 View Post
    I managed to get 95 percentile around rank 900 with haste build for thogar as combat. So I'm not sure that multistrike is all that better. Of course it might be that the people above me were there because they had multistrike
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/2Qhk8qVxHfzvyBTg#fight=6&view=rankings
    Thorgar is also raid comp dependant tbh, if you have 5 warlocks with cataclysm your not gonna do as well as someone in a group without them.