15+ Year Old Account

[TV] American Dad

Was this show canceled? I know they are running other unfunny shows in it's place and hope & pray one of my fave shows was not given the axe.

What channel are you watching it on? Because TBS picked it up during season 11.

Edit: Haven't been watching a lot of t.v. recently so can't remember when I last watched it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is TBS running new episodes or old ones? FOX had new episodes through last season.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not cancelled. TBS on mondays. I find it better and funnier then both Simpsons and Family Guy but that is a matter of taste an opinion. They are new eps and not just reruns.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Is TBS running new episodes or old ones? FOX had new episodes through last season.
    Yeah TBS is airing American Dad from now on I believe so new episodes are definitely going to be aired.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Star Is Reborn

Air date: March 16, 2015
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Man I'm soooooo pissed at FOX right now. They had good shows on there that they canceled only to air crap in it's place. I miss Animation Domination on FOX Sunday nights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Not cancelled. TBS on mondays. I find it better and funnier then both Simpsons and Family Guy but that is a matter of taste an opinion. They are new eps and not just reruns.
    I agree. I feel that AD has gotten a lot better in the recent seasons, while FG has seen better days.

To me, that is funnier than anything that I have seen in FG recently.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Not sure why you even mentioned the simpsons, that hasnt been funny in 15 years.

I agree that american dad has gotten better than family guy though, which surprises me. Those first few seasons of fg were amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've prefered American Dad for a while now... Ever since that post rapture episode TOOOOO funny and I love the way they finally paid off the gem studded golden poo joke.

Tbh I think that's a perfect example of why I prefer American Dad. Family Guy's jokes these days tend to boil down to random non sequitur, usually of an offensive nature. American Dad's jokes tend to be a bit more organic to the storyline and have greater payoff because of it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah im also in the camp that prefers AD to FG. I think Family Guy went stale around 2010ish. Whereas American Dad has kept up the funny over the seasons passing. But i guess the ratings for it sucked otherwise Fox wouldnt have cancelled it. I just hope TBS keeps it around now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Not sure why you even mentioned the simpsons, that hasnt been funny in 15 years.

I agree that american dad has gotten better than family guy though, which surprises me. Those first few seasons of fg were amazing.
    Mostly just mentioned since it used to be the cartoon, animation domination, setup Simpsons, American Dad and Family Guy. While it seems that for most people The Simpson is the cartoon that people know and it's the bigger cultural phenomenon. But as said content and comedy wise I find it inferior to American Dad.

Family Guy can still pull of a fun episode now and then, but it's more and more rare -- usually it's one of the Brian & Stewie focused episodes. I can't even recall the last time I really laughed or found something clever or funny about the Simpsons. It is really just getting old and tired, it should have been put to sleep many seasons ago. But then it was always Futurama which was the clever and funny one of the Groening cartoons, another cartoon ending before it's time -- perhaps that is why I still enjoy it.

From what I read the move to TBS for American Dad was so that FOX could make room for MacFarlane:s next cartoon Bordertown. I don't have high hopes for it. TBS has approved at least one more season of AD after this one tho but after that it's currently unknown as far as I know.

American Dad has always been better than Family Guy imo, its sad to see it got cancelled on Fox. But hey Fox also cancelled Futurama, frigging FUTURAMA. Atleast The Simpsons current season is really good, can't say the same for FG. AD's latest episodes have been pretty bad though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    American Dad has always been better than Family Guy imo, its sad to see it got cancelled on Fox. But hey Fox also cancelled Futurama, frigging FUTURAMA. Atleast The Simpsons current season is really good, can't say the same for FG. AD's latest episodes have been pretty bad though.
    Really? When talking about amazing shows Fox cancelled, I would have gone with Firefly .

But yeah Fox just have NO clue. They cancel good stuff all the time for NO fucking reason.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Really? When talking about amazing shows Fox cancelled, I would have gone with Firefly .

But yeah Fox just have NO clue. They cancel good stuff all the time for NO fucking reason.
    It's for one reason, Ratings. That's why just about every show is cancelled.

If the cost to make the show is more then it generates, or if it just doesn't generate enough they are cancelled. And like it or not in 99% of the cases I agreed, since there isn't much you can do. And expecting a business to lose money for no real reason isn't realistic.

And if we are talking about Fox cancelling things, Arrested Development should be the front runner. Since it got 3 full seasons, and won a ton of awards. But couldn't get the ratings to keep it afloat.

As for American Dad, I only caught one episode, and honestly felt a bit meh about it. I would say for me it and FG are about the same as far as laughs per episode on average. and I quit simpsons a long time ago.

Fox is stupid. Keeping Bob's Burgers over American Dad.