Sub Rogues Logs need assistance

Went over logs with my GM. I'm very low on % we wen't over all the aspects of Sub and there is little space for improvement. I still have questions as to how I could improve so any inputs helps.

Can't post links after a couple posts. Not sure how this forum works I can send in message or just chat for a bit.

What is your name on WarcraftLogs?
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Deleted
    i assume you are Redclaw - Alterac Mountains [US] ?
    if so i checked your recent logs and well there's lots to improve.

concerning your gear you have some multistrike, good dagger, your trinkets are much better for combat but still with what you have you should do much more dps regardless of spec.

To point few things from your recent Grull HC kill. (raid mistake was using bl so late 8sec after pull) You used your first SD after 50sec !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You didn't maintain FW for the duration of BL, you didn't maintain close to 100% uptime on rupture(74%), instead you were keeping Hemo up. Slice and Dice only 94% uptime. Only one potion, playing with Shadow Focus, you used 4 ambushes during SD. All things add up.

Theres alot of info on openers, rotation here or on different sites you should definitely check them out.

Hey everyone,

I'm Redclaw's GM and I'm posting the logs since his account is new on his behalf. We talked a little about making sure find weakness is up during lust at the pull and having the ability to have find weakness up for a late lust (kromog). Here are the logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1vdY3J#fight=3

He wasn't in on the Blast Furnace kill but was there for the others. Thanks for your feedback already Vasca, it's much appreciated. If anyone else has any other advice, we would welcome it! Thanks again

Here is a Gruul log I did the other week. Use it as reference if you want to compare yourself and to follow this post better: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=2

So, first things first. In your current gear setup, you sim for 31.7k DPS. I'd say, playing optimally, you should pull 33-34k, give or take. Your current state of gear is also really bad and poorly itemized (I'm not saying this is your fault). Your biggest goal should be to try and get a Scales and Beating Heart. 4pc, while not a *huge* DPS gain, is still nice and worth having. Also, you ideally want another dagger in your OH. All of that would fix your lackluster gear and simming.

The first big problem I see is that you're using Shadow Focus and not Subterfuge. Subterfuge will allow you to maintain your FW debuff a decent amount logger when you vanish. Also, on a fight like Gruul, there's no reason to take MfD. Get Anticipation as it'll allow you to better maintain your CP stacks and pool as needed. Honestly, on almost every fight where Sub is king (Gruul, Oregorger, Blackhand, and being decent on Kromog and Flamebender), you're primarily going to be focusing on ST damage, with there often not even being adds. This makes MfD a weak talent and makes Sub way more chaotic/stressful.

Another problem I see is that your Rupture debuff only had 75% uptime. That needs to pretty much never fall off unless you absolutely can't help it. Shoot for 95% uptime or higher. The fact that Backstab, one of our weaker hitting abilities, beat Rupture *and* Ambush isn't a good thing. You also only used one Potion.

On our Gruul fight, which I understand was about 50 minutes faster than yours, I had a FW uptime of 65.35%. Yours was 37.76%. While I understand that yours is going to be lower, the extra 50s doesn't add nearly 30%. Keeping FW up is key and is something you should work on.

So, to summarize so far what I see before I go on, fix/work on these issues: Change Shadow Focus to Subterfuge. Change MfD to Anticipation. Make sure Rupture doesn't fall off very often. Increase FW uptime.

Let's talk rotation. How I open is this: At 2s I pot, use Premed, and get SnD rolling. I open with Ambush, wait for Subterfuge to tick down till it almost falls off, and Ambush again. This gets me about 11-12 seconds of FW uptime. After the second Ambush I get Rupture rolling. As FW is about to fall off, pop SD + SR and Ambush. Try to make sure this 3rd Ambush happens when FW is still up so it benefits from the debuff. Now, at this point, your goal is to fit as many Ambushes/Evis in as possible while still not letting Rupture and SnD fall off. This can sometimes be challenging if you have the Beating Heart as the spike in MS will cause your Rupture to get eaten up. That's fine; just reapply it if it does. Make sure you're pooling energy for the last few seconds of SD, because right as SD is about to go away (<.5s) make sure you have enough energy to get one last Ambush in, maximizing your FW uptime even more. Now you have 9s to make sure Rupture/SnD are going nicely and to pool some energy because you're about to get another spike. You'll want to Vanish and Ambush once again before FW falls off. If you'll pulled upwards of 90 energy, your Subterfuge talent will allow you to get 3 Ambushes in during this time. Before FW is about to fall off again, pop Preparation and Vanish again, doing the exact same thing.

That right there is your big CD burst rotation. The whole point is to keep FW up as long as possible. If you execute that perfectly, you're looking at around 50 seconds of FW uptime for the first minute of the fight. This is huge. And the beauty is that SD will be off CD in about 10 more seconds. Your Vanish won't be ready, but that's fine. Just use that SD to pump damage in to the boss because when SD comes back up again, it'll be paired with SR and Vanish will be ready to go with that one.

So, a flowier summary: Pot -> Premed -> SnD -> Ambush (wait till Sub is about to fall off) -> Ambush -> 5pt Rupture -> BS to gain some CPs -> SD+SR Ambush as FW is about to fall off --> Refresh Rupture/SnD -> Ambush/Evi as many times in this as possible but get an Ambush off as FW is about to expire -> BS and pool energy --> Vanish --> Ambush before FW falls off --> Ambush 1-2 more times --> Refresh Rupture/SnD if needed --> pool energy --> Vanish again --> 2-3 Ambushes.

AFter that, you'll fall in to a cycle of simply using SD when it's off CD or SD+SR when they're both off CD. Always have Vanish saved to follow a SD combo; don't use it on it's own.

Anywho, that's a lot to take in, but it's what does the trick. If you have any questions, let me know!
    Last edited by Layke; 2015-03-18 at 08:48 PM.