Page 1 of 3
LastLast

did they nerfed epic from big crate box from salvage yard?

honestly, im may be extremely unlucky, but im sure something is wrong, i have 10s 100 with all salvage yard lvl 3 and in 2 weeks(around 2k box) i have not even got a epic(same lvl 60..) from all these box, like really? anyone know if there was a kind of nerf to this? before i was getting around 1 epic every 4-5 days, now its no epic at all...

thought?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never gotten a single epic from the damn salavage yard. I understand what RNG is and clearly I have the worst luck ever lol But still….damn!

Deleted
    You have 10 100s?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    RnG is RnG i guess?
    well i know that rnG is rNg i was just wonder if there was any nerf around i didnt see on patch note or whatever, because actually im pretty bad lucky with this, not making gold of these white and green items(well some green sell 25-30G but still)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lince View Post
    You have 10 100s?
    yeah and almost 11 100s soon, its really not so long to lvl now,(i not even used boas on my other toons except the last one)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I have never gotten a single epic from the damn salavage yard. I understand what RNG is and clearly I have the worst luck ever lol But still….damn!
    did you have only one lvl 100? because i would say i got around 6 epics from the salvage yards actually, if you have one or 2 toons, it could be pretty normal

Also have 10 level 100, got Scabbard earlier this week. Would not say you've been "unlucky", it is a low chance, as it should be

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Also have 10 level 100, got Scabbard earlier this week. Would not say you've been "unlucky", it is a low chance, as it should be
    well i would say extremely low chance over only low* though^^ since im speaking about 2k box, not 200... lol

Quote Originally Posted by ruggleee View Post
    well i would say extremely low chance over only low* though^^ since im speaking about 2k box, not 200... lol
    I've pulled 10 665 epics out of boxes so far across my 12 100's. I calculated it at the time it was about 1 for every 1000 boxes I opened. I too haven't seen one in almost 2 weeks, but really that's not far. I'm getting about 250 boxes a day, When I hit a month without one I'll start wondering.

I got the Candle about a week ago, so unless the change has been VERY recent I doubt it. It's just annoying RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    I've pulled 10 665 epics out of boxes so far across my 12 100's. I calculated it at the time it was about 1 for every 1000 boxes I opened. I too haven't seen one in almost 2 weeks, but really that's not far. I'm getting about 250 boxes a day, When I hit a month without one I'll start wondering.
    yeah, its what i was thinking too, around 1 for 1000x, anyway ty for the information

nope, i got a 665 shield 2 days ago from a box.

Is it too much to hope for that the epic drops (when they do appear) are tailored toward your character? Or will you get epic plate gear for your warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Is it too much to hope for that the epic drops (when they do appear) are tailored toward your character? Or will you get epic plate gear for your warlock?
    Ye p you will get a plate gear for you lock cause thats how it works lol. I got the OH 655 on my warrior so to answer your question, no they are not catered to your toon

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if they changed the odds when 6.1 released. I'm unsure why they would have, as the items' ilvl isn't bleeding edge anymore, and they are now mainly (with a couple of exceptions) suitable for alts or very latecomers to raiding.

I have gotten 3 level 100 epics from Salvage Boxes. One in December, one in January, and one in late February. I have not gotten one since, but my record so far was only about 1 per month, so IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    They're effectively another shot at random world drops. Big crates can contain pretty much literally absolutely anything that can drop outside of dungeons that isn't a quest drop.

And it's a surprise for you if you don't get epic for 2 weeks? If yes then you should call yourself the luckyest man in WoW instead. I have 8 100 since the first month and i got my very first epic loot 3 weeks ago....

Quote Originally Posted by ruggleee View Post
    honestly, im may be extremely unlucky, but im sure something is wrong, i have 10s 100 with all salvage yard lvl 3 and in 2 weeks(around 2k box) i have not even got a epic(same lvl 60..) from all these box, like really? anyone know if there was a kind of nerf to this? before i was getting around 1 epic every 4-5 days, now its no epic at all...

thought?
    Really 2k boxes and no epics and your complaining? Try running 8 salvage yards since at least 3rd week of WoD (more as time goes on) and not seeing a single epic from the boxes.

If I go with an average of 10 per day per 100 (probably a little bit more, but with some slow and some busy days averaged). That's 560 per week times about 18 (been 19 weeks since launch, but 1 week leeway). That's at least 10k+ and still nothing. >< Granted that's with the base 8. Think I have like 10 or 12 now running salvage yards then add in my roomates 8 or so and neither of us have seen an epic.

Yeah.....RNG can diaf.

I've probably made about 200k off salvage yard epics. Got a 665 plate helm earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They're effectively another shot at random world drops. Big crates can contain pretty much literally absolutely anything that can drop outside of dungeons that isn't a quest drop.
    Are they at least BOE or Account Bound.... anything.... ANYTHING?