Deleted

Best utilizing two activate trinkets as subtlety

Hi,

Like most others, I'm playing subtlety/combat and currently at 682 ilvl.

so I'm standing here now with 3 trinkets.

Captive Micro-Aberration (ilvl 670)
    Lucky Double-Sided Coin (ivl 665)
    Beating Heart of the Mountain (ilvl 680)

As far as equipping goes, I'm fairly sure that for Beating heart is equipped for both, and lucky for sub, whilst i go with CMA instead for combat.

What i'm not sure about tho, is how to best utilize the trinkets in sub specc.

Spontaneously, i wanna macro the Beating heart with my shadow reflection/shadow dance and then the double sided coin for my next shadow dance 1 minute later. Obviously because the 2 share a 20 second cooldown whilst the other one is being used.

But if i do this, i lose 40 seconds on one trinket each time(use beating heart, 20 seconds passes, then wait another 40 seconds until my shadow reflection is ready again = 40 seconds), compared to if i popped my other trink right after the first ones duration ended. During a long fight, this feels like it could gimp my dps.

Thats why I'm asking here, how should i manage 2 activate-trinkets as sub?

Very thankful for help

Just to clarify what you're saying:

Pop dance 1 with beating heart at 0:00. Dance 2 is off cd at 1:00. Pop dance 2 with LDSC at 1:00.

Then are you saying that dance 3 comes off cd at 3:00 and beating heart is delayed until 3:20? then dance 4 at 4:00 but LDSC is off at 4:40?

If that is the case (because of the 20 second shared CD), I honestly don't know if the LDSC is worth it any more. It is usually not advisable to use two on-use trinkets with rogues. My suggestion would be to pug the hell out of either gruul or butcher to get their proc trinket. It's going to be better overall. But for now, you should just do beating heart and imperator trinket.

However, if you are able to line up a trinket with every single dance, then that's not a horrible idea. A buffed cooldown is always a good thing.

*edit*

Just re-read your post. How is shadow relfection being delayed? It's on a 2 minute cooldown and should sync with every other dance. If you're delaying dance because of the third on-use trinket coming back up at 3:20, then it is definitely not advisable to do that. Don't ever delay dance except for maybe kromog (first hand phase, it's advisable to delay first dance so that you can dance when on kromog instead of on hands).
    Last edited by Athonel; 2015-03-20 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    Re-read again please I am never talking about delaying SD/SR, only talking about if and in that case when, to delay trinkets when i have 2 that activates and thus, shares a 20s cooldown.

Deleted
    You should always stack as many CDs on top of each other as possible. So using one trinket for each SD is the way to go. Stacking stronger CDs together is more advantageous than stacking weaker CDs together. So if you have SD and SR available, you should add LDSC, since it's proc is stronger. When you have SD only, use Heart.

Still, you'd better sim yourself in Simulationcraft whether it wouldn't be best to use captive + heart together and leave LDSC out completely.

Maybe take a look here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post32639416

While not deeply analyzed, this was already discussed. Best is to sim it yourself, but most probably you will end up with the same result as most ppl: One On-Use Trinket and one Proc Trinket.

As you don't own a proc trinket yet(just as me): Just as I wrote in this thread, I compared LDSC+Beating Heart vs Beating Heart+Captive Micro-Aberration.
    BH+CMA won.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvid View Post
    Maybe take a look here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post32639416

While not deeply analyzed, this was already discussed. Best is to sim it yourself, but most probably you will end up with the same result as most ppl: One On-Use Trinket and one Proc Trinket.

As you don't own a proc trinket yet(just as me): Just as I wrote in this thread, I compared LDSC+Beating Heart vs Beating Heart+Captive Micro-Aberration.
    BH+CMA won.
    Yeah my gut instinct tells me to only use 1 on use trinket since they share CDs now.

I would get a Stone of Fire instead of messing with coin or aberration, unless you have some great luck with butcher or blackhand this week.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!