Searing insanity

When you are casting Searing insanity, do you interrupt it to MB, or do you just let it fly?

I myself tend to let it fly unless the group of adds still have some health and I am sitting at 2 orbs, giving me a 3rd one to apply it again.

One of the best general rules to live by (as far as there is such a thing as general rules) is to never ever ever let orb generators sit off CD. Orbs are damage. Orbs are life. Orbs are our reason for being.

Without the Orbs we are nothing.

Deleted
    MB if I need to cast Mind sear for longer time. If mobs are going to die within lets say next 4seconds, I just recast Mind Sear to make Searing insanity last longer. However this is only about trash. On boss fights I only use Mindsear as a filler in place of mind flay, when there are mobs to cleave.

Deleted
    example - pack beast on beastlord I sometimes just delay mind blast by 2 or 3 seconds if my insanity buff is about to fall off and just cast mid sear again quickly before it does because if i cast mind blast i wont have any mind sear insanity left to use before they all are dead.

GCD should be shorter than 3 seconds, or even 2 seconds, meaning you can MB and start Searing again. If it's really just 2 seconds and you need the AoE damage, delaying by one GCD is probably not terrible. It depends on the actual situation in question, but as a GENERAL rule (gods I hate those) don't ever delay Orb generators.

Quote Originally Posted by Re1 View Post
    example - pack beast on beastlord I sometimes just delay mind blast by 2 or 3 seconds if my insanity buff is about to fall off and just cast mid sear again quickly before it does because if i cast mind blast i wont have any mind sear insanity left to use before they all are dead.
    To me though that sounds like you are going for more aoe damage on beast, rather than more orbs (over the course of the fight) to use on the boss.

Beasts are usually going to die pretty fast anyway, i'd opt for the "never delay orb generator" in that example :P