Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    How can you say that 'new players shouldn't be denied a chance to get them' as a reason not to be in the BMAH, yet then suggest they be something for Mythic+20? Gee, I wonder if you don't have a lot of gold but run Mythic+ a lot.
    Honestly I'm just not a fan of BMAH. I mean telling people "You can have this, just go grind gold" is kind of dull. I honestly don't M+ more than once a week, usually around 15-18 for the chest. I just feel it's more in spirit of how the set was originally unlocked to make it 5 man related in some way.

No. If anything they should add them back in for players to earn. Giving us content to do.

Deleted
    Coming from someone who sold boost for CM in MoP I think people had a better chance buying them then than buying them from BMAH.. That said I do not think they should be sold there - People had their chances of getting them, I can't go back and get corrupted Ashbringer.

Deleted
    I would rather have these at a fixed buyout price of 1 Mio per set, at a mad merchant.

I spent more than 10 Mio in this expansion on cosmetic stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Yay for giving people an opportunity to earn these rewards, nay for the BMAH. I'd be fine re-introducing it as a M+ reward of some sort with tokens. An example would be : each week, depending on how high was your highest key done (in time, minimum +15), you get some tokens. You may buy one item (not the entire set, weapons being the most expensive). You may only buy items available to your class (meaning you can't buy DK parts if you're a paladin).

This system "forces" people to farm/push M+ every week to work towards that cosmetic reward.
    I would not mind the option to get specific M+ currency for outdated CM rewards and such. People who successfully complete higher M+ keys would get more currency and get their shinies faster, but in the end, everybody could participate if they are able to run lower M+ keys. Kinda like Timewalking, but earning former rewards with current challenges.

My main goal in this game is to get all of the limited time content. I have 8/11 cm sets, and all of the mage towers completed. I never would have done that many if I could just buy them on the BMAH later, and frankly I wouldn't be impressed by people who had. It just undercuts the prestige; there should be a place for limited time rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post

Overgearing content like the vast majority does, is not equal to skill or commitement.
    People still do this stuff when it is hard and relish the challenge. Even with gear I still see people failing hard on Mage Tower challenges.
    I would like them to keep them relevant still if it was a static difficulty and scaled ilvl. That's the only way things could stay challenging and relevant while still giving the rewards.

Absolutely not. The entire POINT is that Challenge Modes required SKILL to attain. Some groups may have been able to "carry" a player, but that hardly changes the fact.

However...

I *DO* think they should be attainable, provided Blizzard can create the same -- or greater -- level of difficulty. Scale players back, maybe even bump mob difficulty up to account for new abilities, and fix some of the more glaring loopholes, and then just bring them back.

For me, I don't think items in an MMO should ever be "retired". Rather, they should simply be made increasingly difficult to acquire, should you "miss out" on the initial opportunity to get them. Blizzard clearly has the tech as we've seen with Timewalking, they just need to continue refining that, and make some of these old items attainable once again.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    My main goal in this game is to get all of the limited time content. I have 8/11 cm sets, and all of the mage towers completed. I never would have done that many if I could just buy them on the BMAH later, and frankly I wouldn't be impressed by people who had. It just undercuts the prestige; there should be a place for limited time rewards.
    Agreed.

That said, they already have released the sets as class armor items. They're different color and have a few minor changes (in the case of shaman, a big change), but it's still there.

Allowing the same to be acquired would just cheapen the whole experience.

I do not have them.
    Do not want them to be available.

I have the sets and I would be okay with this as long as they added a way to get the Plagued/Black Proto Drakes in-game that didn't come from the BMAH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Yay for giving people an opportunity to earn these rewards, nay for the BMAH. I'd be fine re-introducing it as a M+ reward of some sort with tokens. An example would be : each week, depending on how high was your highest key done (in time, minimum +15), you get some tokens. You may buy one item (not the entire set, weapons being the most expensive). You may only buy items available to your class (meaning you can't buy DK parts if you're a paladin).

This system "forces" people to farm/push M+ every week to work towards that cosmetic reward.
    This would prolly be best way to reintroduce them and would get me to do M+ again.

I thought a lot of the sets were kinda meh to be honest. I'd kill for those Phoenixes to be available again though.

Allowing them to be bought on the bmah only if you have previously aquired a challenge set from mop would be cool actually.

yay, I have them on 7 chars, need more... they were easier that double-chesting a 19 m+.

Deleted
    Sure why not, BUT only if they also put the old elite pvp sets in there. Deal?

I don't have any (never really enjoyed MoP challenges, and barely played WoD) and there are a few I'd love to get.

But I'm completely OK with them never being available again. This kind of "prestige" items shall remain.

Sell them one by one like t3. Getting the whole set at one go is just too easy.

Did on 22+ chars btw; was both fun and destructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never agreed with people getting vanilla pvp gear through rated bgs, didn't like tier3 being up for grabs by pretend-oldschoolers and I'm not fond of these sets on BMAH either.

But then again, I don't really care what people do or wear - it doesn't affect me. So they might aswel go for it.

Doubt they ever will though - the orderhall sets are as close as some will get.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only have the lock, druid, and priest sets. It would be nice to be able to buy the other sets.